Apple, Inc. stock breaks $545 barrier as Samsung calls 'Crisis Awareness' meeting

Comments

• Reply 41 of 205
    Well I know a lot of people on here are Apple fans but I think it's funny when they insult Samsung's products that at the heart for their iproducts, runs a processor made by Samsung. I also think it's funny that people are so surprised by this considering that Samsung has payed Apple almost $1.3 billion because of all those ridiculous lawsuits.
  • Reply 42 of 205
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

No. Thanks.

I am fairly certain now.

Let me know; I'll send you cookie if your right!

• Reply 43 of 205
    Oh Jung-suk! LOL ...

Samsung has hit a road block because it has to wait until Apple invents something new so they can steal it.

Dear Leader Kim Jong Un likes Samsung. When Korea is unified everyone will get a Samsung phone and a Samsung toilet seat !!!

Samsung sells a killer digital bidet toilet seat. It is pricey for a crapper but one very nice seat. It even has blow dry!New SAMSUNG SBD-970C Dynamic Digital Bidet Toilet Seat Remote Control.
  • Reply 44 of 205

Let me know; I'll send you cookie if your right!

Ugh. No. Stop embarrassing yourself.

You're (not your) not right.
  • Reply 45 of 205
    Samsung has little to worry about.

But apple has some things to worry about. This Tim Cook Guy doesn't seem to have the same magic.

Oh, I see you know more about Samsung's internal financial condition than their COO, CEO, and CFO combined. You better let tme know that they have their undies in a knot over nothing.

As for Apple, The "Tim Cook Guy" doesn't have the same magic as Steve Jobs, is no surprise. Steve-o was a one-of-a-kind. It will take a group of smart people to replace him... guess what, that's what Apple did.

You on the other hand wouldn't know what to do with sand if you saw a rat hole.
  • Reply 46 of 205
    Originally Posted by drblank View Post

But they aren't going to pay your country's external debt because that doesn't help Samsung sell products.  

Latvia

A Samsung country.

• Reply 47 of 205
    tychicum wrote: »
    Oh Jung-suk! LOL ...

Samsung has hit a road block because it has to wait until Apple invents something new so they can steal it.

Dear Leader Kim Jong Un likes Samsung. When Korea is unified everyone will get a Samsung phone and a Samsung toilet seat !!!

Samsung sells a killer digital bidet toilet seat. It is pricey for a crapper but one very nice seat. It even has blow dry!New SAMSUNG SBD-970C Dynamic Digital Bidet Toilet Seat Remote Control.

There is a recall out on that Samsung toilet seat. Apparently when a male is using it and activates the remote control Tampax removal and replacement button.... Well, let's just say, it isn't pretty...
  • Reply 48 of 205
    [SIZE=26px]Latvia[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14px]A Samsung country.[/SIZE]

I thought all Samsung did in Latvia was build super markets...??
  • Reply 49 of 205
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by saarek View Post

I'd hardly describe Samsung as a company in crisis. They essentially own the Android market & are highly successful in other electronic areas.

Their exponential growth had to slow eventually as it was all at the expense of other Andriod handset manufacturers & there isn't really any market share to take any more.

Well, that’s what Samsung is calling the meeting. They apparently believe they have a problem.

• Reply 50 of 205
    Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

The problem is that you defined yourself unambiguously as a troll the moment that you chose to write "Apple, on the other hand, is more-or-less a retailer,...". That's just a pointless and stupid statement, and everything else you write is instantly devalued with it. If that was your goal then congratulations - effortlessly attained.

Well, thanks for adding color and your frame of reference.  You will do well, and go far!  However, Apple's 10-K SEC report indicates it has 80,300 employees; of which roughly 1/2 or 42,800 employees are in the "Retail" line of business.

Manufacturing is for the most part, outsourced.  So overall, that leaves headcount of approximately 40000 employees to also manage existing business like iTunes, appecare calls, as well as engineering and design.  Likely these jobs are primarily spread between Austin, Santa Clara, South Carolina as well other worldwide non-retail locations like Munich.

To compare, Microsoft has 97,000 employees; and only what.. 10 retail locations..?  Their contribution to the US economy (overall trade) is greater and more consistent over the past 25-30 years.  However, Apple just had a good idea and a design; said they could do a better job.  They also executed well.  But Apple is more of a sausage factory.  You don't really want to know how it's made.

• Reply 51 of 205
    spider2465 wrote: »
    Well I know a lot of people on here are Apple fans but I think it's funny when they insult Samsung's products that at the heart for their iproducts, runs a processor made by Samsung. I also think it's funny that people are so surprised by this considering that Samsung has payed Apple almost $1.3 billion because of all those ridiculous lawsuits.

Samsung components are made to Apple's specs. Their assembled electronic products are made to resemble Apple products, but made to Samsung specs... therein lies the rub.

QED. If you think sloppily you will come to sloppy conclusions and reveal yourself as a fool.
  • Reply 52 of 205
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Samsung components are made to Apple's specs. Their assembled electronic products are made to resemble Apple products, but made to Samsung specs... therein lies the rub.

QED. If you think sloppily you will come to sloppy conclusions and reveal yourself as a fool.

It's funny how certain people are so keen to call the A7 chip a Samsung chip but I never hear how any product is a Foxconn product despite Foxconn assembling a great deal of the CE that most of us use. It's like when it comes to Foxconn they know they are just the hired hands but when you throw the name Samsung into the mix all of a sudden they have to claim it's Samsung's IP. Paid shills?
  • Reply 53 of 205
    muppetry wrote: »

The problem is that you defined yourself unambiguously as a troll the moment that you chose to write "Apple, on the other hand, is more-or-less a retailer,...". That's just a pointless and stupid statement, and everything else you write is instantly devalued with it. If that was your goal then congratulations - effortlessly attained.

Well, thanks for adding color and your frame of reference.  You will do well, and go far!  However, Apple's 10-K SEC report indicates it has 80,300 employees; of which roughly 1/2 or 42,800 employees are in the "Retail" line of business.

Manufacturing is for the most part, outsourced.  So overall, that leaves headcount of approximately 40000 employees to also manage existing business like iTunes, appecare calls, as well as engineering and design.  Likely these jobs are primarily spread between Austin, Santa Clara, South Carolina as well other worldwide non-retail locations like Munich.

To compare, Microsoft has 97,000 employees; and only what.. 10 retail locations..?  Their contribution to the US economy (overall trade) is greater and more consistent over the past 25-30 years.  However, Apple just had a good idea and a design; said they could do a better job.  They also executed well.  But Apple is more of a sausage factory.  You don't really want to know how it's made.

It's a short step from stupidity to gibberish, usually.
  • Reply 54 of 205
    Quote:

It's a short step from stupidity to gibberish, usually.

Good point. 

• Reply 55 of 205
    Quote:

Ugh. No. Stop embarrassing yourself.

You're (not your) not right.

That's great news.  Also, thank you for the grammar tips.  I'll give you a thumbs up so people know your a sewell guy.  (see what I did there?) 

• Reply 56 of 205
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    It's funny how certain people are so keen to call the A7 chip a Samsung chip but I never hear how any product is a Foxconn product despite Foxconn assembling a great deal of the CE that most of us use. It's like when it comes to Foxconn they know they are just the hired hands but when you throw the name Samsung into the mix all of a sudden they have to claim it's Samsung's IP. Paid shills?

I believe I said it once. Usually the people reminding everyone that the A7 is manufactured by Samsung is in response to those that swear off buying another Samsung product because of their copying ways.
  • Reply 57 of 205
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

I believe I said it once. Usually the people reminding everyone that the A7 is manufactured by Samsung is in response to those that swear off buying another Samsung product because of their copying ways.

Technically, the apple SoCs are just licensed and branded ARM chips.  Apple has more to worry with Qualcomm.   That stated, it's my guess that Apple would try to return to intel if intel had a viable ARM option available.  This will likely happen because Bruce Sewell, the top  argue-man at Apple is formerly chief of intellectual property at intel.

If I'm not mistaken, Intel employees have to sign a 1-or-2 year non-compete (they can't work at Apple right away), so give it a few years.   The new sapphire factory in Arizona is about 5 minute drive from Intel's new fabrication facility.

However, Infineon chips in the older iPhones had a lot of issues.  If Apple goes back to infineon-intellectual property (was acquired by Intel a few years ago), likely everybody's network will suffer like AT&T's did.   I'm sure Verizon won't approve it!

• Reply 58 of 205
    dasanman69 wrote: »

If someone states that won't support Samsung in any way then it should be noted, but usually I read it from people that are trying to discredit anything Apple has accomplished, like MalcolmTucker.
  • Reply 59 of 205

The Samsung product placement on the American Music Awards was so clunky and silly it was embarrassing.

• Reply 60 of 205
    Technically, the apple SoCs are just licensed and branded ARM chips.

Apple licenses from ARM (that's how ARM business model works) but then Apple designe their own chips. These are chips that aren't using ARM's Cortex brand. These are chips that include a great deal of IP that Apple owns — not ARM, not Samsung — which makes your "technically, apple SoCs are just licensed and branded ARM chips," technically, horse shit.