Apple, Inc. stock breaks $545 barrier as Samsung calls 'Crisis Awareness' meeting

Comments

• Reply 81 of 205
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

Tim Cook Guy doesn't have any magic except that every fking Apple device released in his time became the best selling device in the world. Does he even need any magic? I guess not.

I think Tim Cook did a wonderful thing while at Compaq.  As you know, Compaq was acquired by HP, and that's where he was prior to going to work with Apple.  Today, with the new space doughnut being built on land formally owned by HP, it will have a certain je ne sais quoi to it..!

• Reply 82 of 205
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Samsung had to make a lot of noise to sell products...next big thing, giant screen whatever it is...Apple prove to the world that They disnt give the shit about making giant screen phone and still outsold every phone out there and once they actually make a big screen phone, they bury them all.
  • Reply 83 of 205
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    Lee Clow's ad agency is great.

As for the mobile app developer marketplace, well, Nokia actually created that.  However, Apple used its marketshare and reach from the iPod line, and intergrated itunes distribution.   Nokia really struggled to get apps.

As for your final point, well, 75% of iPhones are sold through carriers, and you could purchase an iPad from Target..!  So, there's room for improvement.  The market is already served through other retailers.  Apple is just duplicating efforts.  So, if Peter Oppenheimer can lay off half of his workforce (I think this is why Ron Johnson quit), he'd save the company more money than any type of income tax scheme!

TBWA is great but why mention it in the first place?

1. I believe Apple stores makes more than twice the $$$ per sq ft than Tiffany's.
    2. Apple sells more than iPhones
    3. Apple does more than sell things
    4. All of Apple's products are on display in one area-->halo effect
  • Reply 84 of 205
    tychicum wrote: »

Samsung sells a killer digital bidet toilet seat. It is pricey for a crapper but one very nice seat. It even has blow dry!New SAMSUNG SBD-970C Dynamic Digital Bidet Toilet Seat Remote Control.

@MalcolmTucker - how convenient.... you can wash your hands at the same time after fishing for what ever you're "missing".
  • Reply 85 of 205
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

Samsung had to make a lot of noise to sell products...next big thing, giant screen whatever it is...Apple prove to the world that They disnt give the shit about making giant screen phone and still outsold every phone out there and once they actually make a big screen phone, they bury them all.

Well, I think your right on that.  We're likely to see hardware "refinements" but I don't think any new breakthroughs will be created.  A larger screen is a nice feature.  To add features or functionality, the interface would likely need a stylus; and apple rebelled against that.

But the biggest question is "how often do you watch movies or film on your phone"   It's almost as if the networks need upgrades to see that happen.   Of the four carriers, half don't offer unlimited data service... If they did, they'd have to offer it to all 100 million customers on their network. 

• Reply 86 of 205

<snipped>

Peter Oppenheimer is a star in my book, and gets a thumbs-up!  Once he figures out how to close the retail stores, he should be promoted to the CEO position. 

Please put down the "Scottish Blend" because you're obviously inebriated and gonna fall off your stool. Metaphorically and thematically you already have! :no:
  • Reply 87 of 205
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePixelDoc View Post

@MalcolmTucker - how convenient.... you can wash your hands at the same time after fishing for what ever you're "missing".

Haha!

Those Koreans make everything for the home!

• Reply 88 of 205
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePixelDoc View Post

Please put down the "Scottish Blend" because you're obviously inebriated and gonna fall off your stool. Metaphorically and thematically you already have! image

Thanks for the offer, but since having Pancreatic Cancer, I don't drink.  :p

• Reply 89 of 205

Well, I think your right on that.  We're likely to see hardware "refinements" but I don't think any new breakthroughs will be created.  A larger screen is a nice feature.  To add features or functionality, the interface would likely need a stylus; and apple rebelled against that.

But the biggest question is "how often do you watch movies or film on your phone"   It's almost as if the networks need upgrades to see that happen.   Of the four carriers, half don't offer unlimited data service... If they did, they'd have to offer it to all 100 million customers on their network. 

You are now clinically comatose... lonely... and neither are excuses for TROLLING!

Every single one of your posts has included an uninformed and provocative statement to get a reply out of someone.

@ Mods: that's the very definition of TROLLING... isn't it?
  • Reply 90 of 205
    Thanks for the offer, but since having Pancreatic Cancer, I don't drink.  :p

Health problems are also no excuse for trolling.

So they make another kind of "blend" I'm not familiar with and you're high as a kite from medicinal use. STILL NO EXCUSE!
  • Reply 91 of 205
    dnd0psdnd0ps Posts: 253member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    It's all in your head. The HW releases have been nothing short of phenomenal.
    I agree. No black turtle neck and jeans, no more "one more thing"s near the end. The word you're looking for is charisma
  • Reply 92 of 205
    Samsung should stick to appliances and low end welfare phones Obama gives for free. At lest they know there is a market in that.
  • Reply 93 of 205

Only reason they dominated Android was their financial strength to dominate retail space by piling up merchandise "shipped" on consignment. What doesn't sell gets sent back for credit. Other Android phone brands don't have the money to tie up on unproductive and unpaid production.

If you go into Best Buy and all you can see, for the most part, is Samsung; the impression is that they are the way to go.

It is PR just like all the money the spend to advertise what doesn't sell...like their watch.

They would do the same with appliances if not so big and costly to ship & store. Small items can more easily be stockpiled.

It's all smoke and mirrors and now the smoke has cleared.

Bye Bye Samsung. The sham is over.

• Reply 94 of 205

You are right on the money.

• Reply 95 of 205

HAHAHAHAHA     LMAO!!!!

• Reply 96 of 205

You are nuts....they took a $12B write off of their last abortion of a phone. Produced, shipped and shipped back to them.

NOBODY WANTED IT.

• Reply 97 of 205

On what planet?

AAPL makes more profit than all Android maker combined........on earth anyway

• Reply 98 of 205
    jkichlinejkichline Posts: 1,369member
    Samsung has little to worry about.

But apple has some things to worry about. This Tim Cook Guy doesn't seem to have the same magic.

If by "magic" you mean slight of hand to get analysts and idiot consumers to think they are successful and desirable when really aren't... Then yes Samsung uses magic. Tim Cook deals in REALITY which Apple will address in real dollars spent by real people in the real world when they announce their quarterly results.

You Fandroids just love the illusion of superiority don't you?
  • Reply 99 of 205
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Suozzi View Post

On what planet?

AAPL makes more profit than all Android maker combined........on earth anyway

They also make as much profit if you combined all of the PC mfg.  I think what Apple needs to do is eventually make more profit than all of the Android AND PC mfg combined.  When that happens, I'll sit around laughing my ass off, because they might actually be able to do that, but it might take another 10 years or so.

I honestly think in order for Microsoft to equal what Apple does in terms of profits, they would have to buy up all of the PC mfg and become a hardware company.  They would easily sell more in terms of gross sales, but profits?  I don't know.   They haven't done too well in selling hardware at a profit.  Don't they still lose money on the Xbox h/w sale?  They've not done too well so far with the Surface product line and if they bomb with the Surface 2 product line, they might end up having to dump product again next year and take a $1Billion right down, only hopefully they would have learned not to order so much inventory.

• Reply 100 of 205

"many people are foretelling that downfall of Samsung is coming" So now it's, Samsung is doomed? ...please people.