Apple's Black Friday sale to bring gift cards, not discounts

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 52

It's different in the UK, with discounts not gift cards here. http://store.apple.com/uk

6 to 10% off iPad Airs

4 to 6% off old iPad minis

No reduction on new iPad minis with retina display

7 to 10% off MacBook Airs (£81 off every model)

4 to 8% off new MacBook Pros (£81 off every model)

5 to 7% off iMacs (again, £81 off every model)

No reduction on Mac mini or Mac Pro

No reduction on iPhones or accessories

8 to 13% off iPod touch (£25 off every model)

9% off iPod nano

No reduction on iPod shuffle, classic or accessories

15% off Apple TV (in the UK, the big competition just arrived from Sky who are practically giving away their streaming boxes for £10 each)

• Reply 42 of 52
    It just launched in Spain a moment ago, and there are actual discounts - 21 to 35 euros on iPads, 101 euros on MacBooks and iMacs
  • Reply 43 of 52
    adamcadamc Posts: 583member
    Is 9to5mac a credible site I don't think so, they are very good at bashing Apple.

They should have rename themselves 9to5android.
  • Reply 44 of 52
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by diesel View Post

This just shows what Apple is becoming.. a big soulless money-making corporation. Black Friday was always about "hard cash" discounts, not gift cards.. Their profit margin probably allows them to make a $50-100 discount, but now they've just gotten too greedy.

Oops, your bad:

Apple's European Black Friday deals offer discounts instead of gift cards

You might have also missed this:

Tim Cook vetoes Apple Retail plan to open additional stores on Thanksgiving, gives workers holiday off

• Reply 45 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AdamC View Post

Is 9to5mac a credible site I don't think so, they are very good at bashing Apple.

They actually run a sister site named 9to5google.com

They're in the same business as AI, MacRumors, Gizmodo, Engadget, etc.:  Controversy generates page views, page views generate ad revenues.

• Reply 46 of 52
    dunksdunks Posts: 1,254member
    I was looking forward to buying a MacBook Air but it's not a discount and it doesn't stack with other discounts like the education or refurb discount like last year. Also it's not available for the retina iPad mini which I purposely held off from buying for this reason. This is a salefail for me.
  • Reply 47 of 52
    Originally Posted by AdamC View Post

You’re kidding, right?

• Reply 48 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Have you considered the implications of ‘real’ discounts being provided in Apple stores that are already full to the brim with customers?

The death toll for staff and customers would be catastrophic.

LOL true!

I thought that picture was taken in a Microsoft store after someone bought a Surface RT and didn't get a refund :)

• Reply 49 of 52

US store got screwed.  No discounts.  Lame gift cards, and cheap ones too.  Even Target offered a better deal with a $100 gift card instead of a $75 gift card.  Would have been nice if Apple matched the price of the Target card.  Target had lots of Apple product to sell, and a long line dedicated to only Apple purchases.

• Reply 50 of 52
    Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

Even Target offered a better deal with a $100 gift card instead of a $75 gift card.  Would have been nice if Apple matched the price of the Target card.

How can Apple use their own product cards to match the price of Target’s own product cards? There’s no comparison there.

• Reply 51 of 52

Boo.  :(