Samsung's #Galaxy11 viral ad fumbles when Franz Beckenbauer tweets from iPhone

Comments

• Reply 21 of 54
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    payeco wrote: »

And Australia. They also call it soccer. Aussie Rules Football (or just "football" or "footie" in Australia) is different from both American Football and soccer.

Depends what state you are in NSW and QLD call rugby league football.
  • Reply 22 of 54
    juiljuil Posts: 75member

Those 14 millions in marketing has got to be put to good use!

• Reply 23 of 54
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    hill60 wrote: »
    Depends what state you are in NSW and QLD call rugby league football.

Ah, rugby!

The game that involves one man pushing two men, up three men's arseholes.

;)
  • Reply 24 of 54
    Pretty much unrelated, but don't forget the little boy who performed on Jimmy Kimmel Live, and afterwards was given a Sony tablet only to hand it back and say "thanks, but we're getting an iPad for Christmas." That segment got promptly removed from YouTube.
  • Reply 25 of 54
    They have always said iPhones have standard reliable use. Samsung has random junk and there employees tweet from the device that is useful.
  • Reply 26 of 54
    Imitators can never be innovators.
  • Reply 27 of 54
    Pretty much unrelated, but don't forget the little boy who performed on Jimmy Kimmel Live, and afterwards was given a Sony tablet only to hand it back and say "thanks, but we're getting an iPad for Christmas." That segment got promptly removed from YouTube.

• Reply 28 of 54

@ roccodelgreco.  Thanks for sharing that link.  I had never seen that before, it was great.  After that video I stumbled upon this version of the same show, where I think they edited in a different prize at the end, apparently?  Anyway....

• Reply 29 of 54

@ roccodelgreco.  Thanks for sharing that link.  I had never seen that before, it was great.  After that video I stumbled upon this version of the same show, where I think they edited in a different prize at the end, apparently?  Anyway....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOUFfeg0Xm0

Choosy kids choose JIF.... er... iPads!

:D
  • Reply 30 of 54
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,093member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by roccodelgreco View Post

That's a great link!!

But...but...but... I thought Fandroids said that iPads were only for "old" people and that young folks think Apple products are no longer cool!!!  Fandroids said this!!! It must be true right??!!  It's not like they are simply blowing smoke up everyone's a$$ and hope people think it smells like roses right?? 

Losers.

This just goes to show that the innocence of a child can't be questioned.  Let's see how the whiny Fandroids try spinning this.

• Reply 31 of 54
    badmonkbadmonk Posts: 1,293member
    Korean Orphan 040101

I talk to him. He say he have no iPhone. Just Samsung.

Post around EST 0200
  • Reply 32 of 54

The kid reportedibly said, "I don wan so steeking tablets..."
  • Reply 33 of 54
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member

For real? That is too funky! Gonna look for it now; these things have their way on 'increased views'.
  • Reply 34 of 54
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    philboogie wrote: »
    For real? That is too funky! Gonna look for it now; these things have their way on 'increased views'.
    from YouTube. Guess it wasn't pulled after all:
  • Reply 35 of 54

Is bad publicity still publicity when it comes to these sorts of foulups?

• Reply 36 of 54
    It's always fun for me to see these bonehead moves. I'm curious if anyone has done the reverse, ie posted how great their Apple device was from a Samsung product.
  • Reply 37 of 54
    thomprthompr Posts: 1,521member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

My friend, soccer and Aussie Rules Football are about as much the same thing as NFL and baseball are.

Which is completely consistent with the post you were responding to.  Read the final sentence again.

• Reply 38 of 54
    Because the kid rejected the Sony Xperia tablet for an iPad, ABC had Jimmy Kimmel record a new segment with a new gift then posted the new segment on YouTube. Yikes!
  • Reply 39 of 54
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member

Celeb endorsements are not new, this has been going on for a very long time. Companies pay these folks big money to use their product especially in public, and I am familiar with how it suppose to work. If a Celeb signs up to get payments to use and be seen with a companies products and do not show those products in the best light and if they especially are seen publicly with a competitors product the celeb would obviously lose the endorsement and they could also be required to pay penalties. 

Either Samsung does not care or they do not have the power to enforce their Celebs to only use their products. However, I believe what we are seeing in these cases is the celeb is not the one making the comments its is one of their handlers who work for them and makes all the postings. Even if that is the case you would think Samsung would require who every is making the posting must make it from their products. But I go back to my original thought, Samsung has no power to enforce.

• Reply 40 of 54
    This is the umpteenth time I have heard a story about some celebrity endorsing the latest android from their iPhone. Heck Oprah pimped the Surface form her iPad.
    What you never hear is the other way around, because Apple doesn't succumb to such cheap marketing.