Apple rolls out 'Holiday Cheer' playlist with 8 free Christmas songs

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 129
    tjwal wrote: »
    I don't see it. Is this another example of Apple thinking the world ends at the US border?

Look into your heart for some Holiday Cheer.
  • Reply 122 of 129
    drblank wrote: »
    And how does getting 8 free Christmas (Christian) songs going to give someone cheer that doesn't celebrate Christian holidays?  To me, that's insulting and offensive.

Blob
  • Reply 123 of 129

Can I ask a question about the product? Can these be downloaded via iTunes on a Mac or do you have to use the App Store App?

• Reply 124 of 129
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by beakernx01 View Post

Can I ask a question about the product? Can these be downloaded via iTunes on a Mac or do you have to use the App Store App?

They're apparently promoting the Apple Store App itself with this:

"The Holiday Cheer initiative is another exclusive to the official Apple Store app meant to drum up interest in the title. Previous promotions included free apps downloadable through the iOS App Store."

?That said there might be workaround by copying the redemption code… but somewhere on the iTunes store there'd have to be listing for the playlist I would think unless the redemption code itself triggered the playlist download.

• Reply 125 of 129
    r00fusr00fus Posts: 245member
    I really liked the iTunes 2009 Christmas mix I got for free - the Auld Lang Syne track (bluegrass version) in particular was amazing (it's my ringtone, too :)
  • Reply 126 of 129
    Where can I find these 8 songs? Can't find the holiday cheer in the iTunes app or store!
  • Reply 127 of 129
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    It's a bit rich for someone who doesn't celebrate Christmas to complain that they didn't get the unexpected Christmas present that they wanted. Note that there are 12 more presents in a week, will you complain that each of those aren't to your taste either?

I don't celebrate Christmas either, but I hope everyone else that does enjoys the free songs. Merry Christmas, and may your god bless you.
  • Reply 128 of 129
    jfc1138 wrote: »
    They're apparently promoting the Apple Store App itself with this:

"The Holiday Cheer initiative is another exclusive to the official Apple Store app meant to drum up interest in the title. Previous promotions included free apps downloadable through the iOS App Store."

?That said there might be workaround by copying the redemption code… but somewhere on the iTunes store there'd have to be <span style="line-height:18px;">listing for the playlist I would think</span>
    …<span style="line-height:18px;"> unless the redemption code itself triggered the playlist download.</span>

A good promotion, because I personally forget there even is an Apple Store app. I always go to the web site instead.
  • Reply 129 of 129
    Any one knows how to remove "free music " from Apple on my iPhone 6 in iTunes Radio
    It is very annoying
    Please help