China Mobile Beijing hints at imminent iPhone preorders on 4G reservation page

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
A page advertising reservations for China Mobile Beijing's 4G LTE service now features Apple's iPhone 5s, as well as a bejeweled golden apple, hinting that preorders for the popular device may be in the offing.

width=

While not conclusive evidence, the reservation page seen above, spotted by intrepid reader Jeffrey, strongly suggests China Mobile is about to kick off iPhone preorders.

If the world's largest wireless provider does in fact initiate an iPhone reservation system in the next few hours, it would jibe with a Wall Street Journal report that claimed China Mobile would start accepting preorders on Thursday, Dec. 12. At the time of this writing, it is nearly 1 p.m. in Beijing, China.

The Journal further claimed the iPhone would officially roll out on Dec. 18, though China Mobile denied that a deal with Apple had been reached.

The carrier has already posted multiple reservation webpages for its upcoming 4G LTE network, but so far only one has alluded to Apple's smartphone. In early December, a Suzhou-based subsidiary posted a reservation page prominently featuring both the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c, though it was quickly pulled after coverage from media outlets.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 24
    The link above does not show the ticker. The link which shows the ticker and a bejewelled apple is at http://www.bj.10086.cn/service/mobile/mingxingji/yuyue/
  • Reply 2 of 24
    P.S Can anyone translate the page please?
  • Reply 3 of 24

there is only less than 10K people reserved.

It means the demand is weaker than expected.

Based on this, will anal ists say Apple is doomed, lower their expectation.

• Reply 4 of 24
    http://www.bj.10086.cn/service/mobile/mingxingji/yuyue/

Is the link to get the number of preorders in Beijing only. It is up >20 per second...
  • Reply 5 of 24
    I honestly don't understand why no one is willing to wait for an official announcement from either China Mobile or Apple. Why is everyone trying to jump the gun to scoop a story? It's not as though anyone is going to get a prize for it. Are people really doing this speculation nonsense just to manipulate Apple's share price? It's likely that even when an official announcement is made, it's not going to boost Apple's share price considerably. I think Apple is well beyond the ability to rise much for such weak news. There are far too many negative factors preventing Apple's share price from rising.
  • Reply 6 of 24

How is it speculation when the page is on the China Mobile website?

• Reply 7 of 24
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Constable Odo View Post

I honestly don't understand why no one is willing to wait for an official announcement from either China Mobile or Apple. Why is everyone trying to jump the gun to scoop a story? It's not as though anyone is going to get a prize for it. Are people really doing this speculation nonsense just to manipulate Apple's share price? It's likely that even when an official announcement is made, it's not going to boost Apple's share price considerably. I think Apple is well beyond the ability to rise much for such weak news. There are far too many negative factors preventing Apple's share price from rising.

yes, i dont think there is such a deal inked.

Apple is gonna dive very soon once they wake up.

Diclaimer: SOLD my 500 shares.

• Reply 8 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RIPSteve View Post

How is it speculation when the page is on the China Mobile website?

• Reply 9 of 24

From freetranslation.com - what I could copy and paste.

Special Instructions

1. Participation in the appointment of the registered customer, you can enjoy 

2. China Mobile 4G star models of priority right to purchase; a successful reservation registration and actual purchase of the customer can give 4 GB local mobile data traffic, a 4-month bonus, monthly 1 GB;

1. customers to schedule an appointment registration was successful in Beijing after moving to the reservation terminal officially to the Department, based on the customer order in the order via SMS or pager, contact the customer and advise for channels and ways;

2. each customer appointment only one department;

3. appointment of qualified only for himself and is not transferable.

• Reply 10 of 24
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dickallenbee View Post

Special Instructions

2. China Mobile 4G star models of priority right to purchase; a successful reservation registration and actual purchase of the customer can give 4 GB local mobile data traffic, a 4-month bonus, monthly 1 GB;

1. customers to schedule an appointment registration was successful in Beijing after moving to the reservation terminal officially to the Department, based on the customer order in the order via SMS or pager, contact the customer and advise for channels and ways;

This may not imply the deal is inked. It can simply mean China Mobile offers discount to people who buy from its unofficial website.

• Reply 11 of 24
    There is a tide in the affairs of men, Which taken at the flood, leads on to fortune. Omitted, all the voyage of their life is bound in shallows and in miseries. On such a full sea are we now afloat. And we must take the current when it serves, or lose our ventures.
    --William Shakespeare
  • Reply 12 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Constable Odo View Post

And the biggest one is very ignorant and irrational shareholders, like you have proved yourself to be over the years. Then we have those bloggers that wanted to be real journalists (but can't write anything properly) or engineers (But understand 0 about the subject).

• Reply 13 of 24
    Spy on any iPhone with the help of spy apps
  • Reply 14 of 24

You can spy on any iPhone with the help of spy apps.

• Reply 15 of 24
    check this:
    http://www.bj.10086.cn/service/mobile/mingxingji/

You can read iPhone 5c/5s
  • Reply 16 of 24
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dickallenbee View Post

Special Instructions

I hate bad translations:

The image above says:

4G Smartphone Star

Reserve Now

Anticipation... It's worth the wait...

On the actual reservation page, the only difference:

You are only one more step away.

• Reply 17 of 24
    There was a video clip this morning online from CNBC in which the reporter from Beijing stated that the page originally said iphone 5s but was later changed to the generic "4G Smartphone Star"

The image above says:
    4G Smartphone Star
    Reserve Now
    Anticipation... It's worth the wait...

On the actual reservation page, the only difference:
    You are only one more step away.
  • Reply 18 of 24

http://www.bj.10086.cn/service/mobile/mingxingji/order.html

It more or less translates into "Getting closer to to iPhone 5S/5C". Maybe they'll announce the deal in 30 minutes, 12am Beijing time?

• Reply 19 of 24
    delusion wrote: »
    http://www.bj.10086.cn/service/mobile/mingxingji/order.html

It more or less translates into "Getting closer to to iPhone 5S/5C". Maybe they'll announce the deal in 30 minutes, 12am Beijing time?

Thx . Coz of your comment , I bought back 480 shares aapl
  • Reply 20 of 24
    Quote:

Originally Posted by crazy_mac_lover View Post

Thx . Coz of your comment , I bought back 480 shares aapl

Wow. That's a lot of money. Hoping they'll officially announce it on the 18th. No idea as to why the share has been dropping the past few days. Any negative news or speculation?