Apple provides iOS 7.1 beta 2 to developers with bug fixes for iTunes Match, Touch ID tweaks

Comments

• Reply 21 of 43

Also, and I'm not sure why AI hasn't mentioned it in an article yet:

Late 2013 iMac's are now available in the Refurbished store. I just bought a fully spec'd 27" i7 with 3TB Fusion drive for 500 less than brand new, so I'm pretty excited. Inventory varies daily (and sometimes hourly) so if you have a model in mind, check in the morning and evening. I've seen everything from the base model 21.5" to a fully loaded 27" with 1TB SSD (that one went fast, for obvious reasons)

I've bought three refurbs from Apple in the past few years, and have been nothing but happy with them, as the QA is twice as stringent as standard production line, and the savings present a far better deal than anything MacMall offers.

• Reply 22 of 43
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Cash907 View Post

2) Why in God's name can't I block Unknown and Blocked callers?!

I don't have a landline, my cell is my main number, so this time of year I am bombarded with "polls," robocalls, telemarketers etc.

Have you (tried to?) registered your cell number that you don't want these type of calls from at the National Do Not Call Registry?

Quote:

The National Do Not Call Registry gives you a choice about whether to receive telemarketing calls at home. Most telemarketers should not call your number once it has been on the registry for 31 days. If they do, you can file a complaint at this Website. You can register your home or mobile phone for free.

https://www.donotcall.gov

• Reply 23 of 43
    a2gsg wrote: »
    Have you (tried to?) registered your cell number that you don't want these type of calls from at the National Do Not Call Registry?

https://www.donotcall.gov

Yeah I've done that, but that only keeps honest people honest. Alaska is a big target for push calls, telemarketing, robocalls and scams. We get something like three times the national average, second only to Florida, which is a prime target thanks to the large elderly population. I can't even report the number to the registry for DNC violations because the number doesn't show up.
    I've submitted this to the feedback page, commented multiple times in the developer forums, heck I even emailed jobs a couple years ago. Nadda.
  • Reply 24 of 43
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Cash907 View Post

I like the streamlined animations, but my biggest two complaints have yet to be addressed:

1) Safari still crashes a ridiculous amount compared to 6.1.x

^

This

• Reply 25 of 43
    Removed by poster, reply was already covered.
  • Reply 26 of 43
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

So tasteless hyperbole, then. Thanks for clarifying.

Such respect.

• Reply 27 of 43
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Such respect.

Yes, well, the flippant use of the word ‘retarded’ demands it.

• Reply 28 of 43
    hentaiboy wrote: »
                                                 ^

This

Yes it crashes once every few days, sometimes even twice a day if you find a bad site that just crashes every time you visit it. That is just unacceptable compared to iOS 6 which crashed... well I don't remember when it crashed last time.
  • Reply 29 of 43
    Help me please!
    Who can add me to developer account?
    I cant use my phone, i have so much information on it!
    This is my udid cca5052d700181df49b9b83d2358ea6d402a60c1
    Thanx
  • Reply 30 of 43
    Yes, well, the flippant use of the word ‘retarded’ demands it.

You take life too seriously, dude.
  • Reply 31 of 43
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    cash907 wrote: »
    I like the streamlined animations, but my biggest two complaints have yet to be addressed:

1) Safari still crashes a ridiculous amount compared to 6.1.x
    2) Why in God's name can't I block Unknown and Blocked callers?!

I don't have a landline, my cell is my main number, so this time of year I am bombarded with "polls," robocalls, telemarketers etc. Android has had this ability since flippin' Ginger Bread, and even before that through third party apps, so what's the deal? They already allow me to block phone numbers I can identify, so why not give that same ability for numbers I can't? It's a couple lines of code, literally, so what's the issue?

They can't block unknown callers because they don't know the number. It's blocked by the caller. If you mean "block all unknown numbers" pre-emptively then they could but it's dangerous. The bad press if someone can't call their lover ones because the carriers don't transmit the numbers would be an antenna gate.
    I get crashes in 7.0.4 on iPhone 5s regularly -- disappointed with the lack of quality control.

Why all apps are STILL not landscape compatible, I will never understand -- the Phone app STILL is not. :( Not to mention 3rd party apps -- I wish Apple would mandate that all App Store submission also fully work in landscape mode!

It's also dumb that you cannot switch from cellular call to FaceTime Audio, and cannot switch from FaceTime Video to FaceTime Audio w/out ending the session.

Also, why can't we get the share button in the Phone app for voicemails?!

One of the biggest issues is lists of Apps in Usage or Notifications when you have to scroll forever through a long list, but there is no search ability! It is a still a nightmare to manage Applications on an iOS device when you have many. There is still no unified file system either for storing files except for the Camera Roll - why does it have to be such a kludge?!

iOS 7 is a lot of graphic/animation change for visual sake, but some of these meat and potatoes above are still lacking.

1) Landscape is not necessarily or desirable for most apps. I think they made a mistake caring about it in the music app.
    2) switching from Facebook to cellular audio is impossible. They are different protocols.
    3) you can search for apps by name in the drag down search field. I use that all the time.
    4) sharing between apps needs to get better.
  • Reply 32 of 43
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Saw this on the Verge forums. Please let it be true!

http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/13/5208992/ios-7-1-is-the-savior-to-ios-7

[QUOTE]So I've been running iOS 7.1 beta 2 on an iPad mini 1st generation for a few hours and the experience is simply just wonderful.

The animation speed is really fast now. Compared to an iPad Air running iOS 7.0.4, the animation speed is literally twice as fast. I like it. I think it should be even faster though. Hopefully this will happen as more betas come.

But performance is what really shines in iOS 7.1. My Safari tabs almost never refresh anymore. Apps don't refresh anymore. Everything feels quicker and snappier with the faster animations. The multitasking is buttery smooth now even with 15+ apps open, and they're not refreshing. I've also noticed that the Spotlight lag is close to none now (but it's still there). Also scrolling is REALLY smooth now.

And lastly, for all you small details fans (I'm a huge one), there's one enhancement in 7.1 that nobody has covered. Back in the first betas of iOS 7.0, the iPad keyboard had a blur behind it like on the iPhone, but for some reason they removed it in the final release. In 7.1 they finally added back the blur to iPads, and it looks stunning.

And this is on an iPad mini 1st generation. I heard the new iPad mini is at least 4 times faster and the iPad Air is even better. Of course, there are still a few bugs, but they are minor. The only gripe I really have is that I'm not a big fan of the "bounce" animation for Control Center now. For those of you who don't know what this is, basically Control Center oscillates up and down a lot when it is opened. To me it just looks a little childish. But of course this is still a beta. Overall, I'm really satisfied with this beta.[/QUOTE]
  • Reply 33 of 43
    ireland wrote: »
    No. They were and are retarded.
    I use an iPhone 5 and iPad Air, both running iOS 7, every day and have no issues with animations whatsoever. It takes just a few seconds to unlock my device and be where I want to be. Nothing at all retarded about it.
  • Reply 34 of 43
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

I use an iPhone 5 and iPad Air, both running iOS 7, every day and have no issues with animations whatsoever.

Congratulations.

• Reply 35 of 43
    Button Shapes should be on by default. It is strange that these basic usability features are "accessibility options". It is as if they don't want to admit they made a mistake.

Now every customer has to go to Accessibility settings and make the product usable by increasing contrast, bumping up the font size, drawing outlines of buttons, and such other tweaks that the OS should turn on by default.
  • Reply 36 of 43
    Originally Posted by Atul Patel View Post

It is as if they don't want to admit they made a mistake.

It’s almost as if they didn’t make one.

• Reply 37 of 43
    atul patel wrote: »
    Button Shapes should be on by default. It is strange that these basic usability features are "accessibility options". It is as if they don't want to admit they made a mistake.

Now every customer has to go to Accessibility settings and make the product usable by increasing contrast, bumping up the font size, drawing outlines of buttons, and such other tweaks that the OS should turn on by default.
    Excuse me but I use iOS 7 every day and do not need buttons or increased contrast to function. Thank god Apple isn't turning them on by default.
  • Reply 38 of 43
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Atul Patel View Post

Thank God it is an accessibility feature and not on by default... At first I assumed it was default and I was mindfucked... I am soooo happy now... I rather the clean and mature look...

• Reply 39 of 43
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Excuse me but I use iOS 7 every day and do not need buttons or increased contrast to function. Thank god Apple isn't turning them on by default.

+1

• Reply 40 of 43
    dacloodacloo Posts: 890member
    ireland wrote: »
    You take life too seriously, dude.
    Tell me about it.