iPod Version 1.3 Firmware

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
There's been a lot of speculation on a new iPod line coming 'any day'. Feature predictions have been wild and optimistic but nobody has seemed to speculate on the actual firmware of the iPod.

What do you foresee for 1.3 and further down the line to version 2.0?

my guess/hopes for 1.3:

spin up prior to end of song so that the buffer is filled with the next song (removing the half second pause)

Support for AAC amd OGG

Add 'current song' to a playlist

Playcount updating

Definitive Battery Fix!!

my hopes for v2.0

OS opened to 3rd party developers

PalmOS emulator

J2ME VM

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    out of curiosity, why a palm os emulator? why add the bulk to it? Furthermore, you would need a pen input system for that.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Palm OS sucks anyway

All I want is AAC and a battery fix in the next firmware update.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Shouldn't this be in Digital Hub as it relates to the iPod?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    [quote]Originally posted by Luca Rescigno:

<strong>Shouldn't this be in Digital Hub as it relates to the iPod?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Probably, yeah.

Moving there now...
  • Reply 5 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by Jamie:

<strong>

Probably, yeah.

Moving there now...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Oops, sorry about that. firmware seemed to be more about Software rather than a digital hub. but ANYWAY.

PalmOS. my reasoning for this is the number of applications available and the huge developer base that the palm enjoys. for the thousands of apps that would instantly be available, i thought it'd be a bonus. as far as the input, i'm hoping that there'll be a touch sensitive screened iPod family member by V2 of the firmware.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    I wish they'd add another game. Breakout is cool for about 5 minutes. Asteroids would be awesome!
  • Reply 7 of 7
    I'd rather want Civilization..

Anyway, battery fix, Mp4 support, Removing of the 2 seconds pause after some songs due to cache being filled..