Windoze iPod

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Just out of curiosity, can the windoze iPod be used with a mac? Is there any differences besides the firewire adapter?

CHeers!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Yes, a Windows iPod can be used on a Mac. Apparently you just need to download the latest iPod software from Apple and it will reformat the iPod harddisk for HFS+.

The reverse however is not possible: reformatting a Mac iPod for use on a Windows machine. Now, there may be some Windows shareware that will allow you to reformat the disk but according to Apple only a Windows to Mac switch can be done not the reverse.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    How convienient (or however you spell it)
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Incidentally, this fits in with Apple's Switch campaign: if you have a Windows box and buy a Windows iPod then you needn't worry as you can reformat your iPod to work with your Mac when you toss out the PC and buy a Mac, 'cause eventually your gonna do it, right?!

Switching in the other direction is not an option.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    This is probably not bad news for Apple users, cos very few Mac users will want to switch to windows.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    o-maco-mac Posts: 777member
    YES!!!! That is GREAT!!! I'm so glad I found this out!! since I bought my wife a windows iPod when I eventually switch to Mac, I can take my wife's iPod demote my Dell to a DASD (Data Access Storage Device) and buy HER a Mac!!!

Everything is going just as I foresaw it...THEN I can start the wheels turning on MY purchase of the Powerbook...heh heh heh heh heh heh heh....
  • Reply 6 of 6
    dude, you're evil...