Apple updates Final Cut Pro with Mac Pro optimizations

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    feynman wrote: »
    I know I was thinking the same thing. My biggest request was for CinemaDNG support. With Blackmagic and Apple so close you would think it would be a no brainer!

Why not transcode to ProRes 4444 for editing? It's even useable for color grading.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member

CCC My #1 favorite utility software for more years than I care to think.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    Weird thing is I swear FCP X is behaving far better on my aged i7 MBP after this update targeting Mac Pros. I was able to apply two effects and a sound filter to Pro Res and play back smoothly immediately. That has never happened before.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    Quote:

Originally Posted by damage976 View Post

Does Time Machine backup external drives? I may be wrong but that's my main issue. I create duplicates in Final Cut to my RAID and then cross my fingers that Backblaze backs up that copy in time.

It backs up any drive you tell it too.  You just have to have a big enough drive.

• Reply 25 of 26
    damage976 wrote: »
    Does Time Machine backup external drives? I may be wrong but that's my main issue. I create duplicates in Final Cut to my RAID and then cross my fingers that Backblaze backs up that copy in time.

Good grief don't use Time Machine to back up FCPro data! It's intended for the average Joe's Mac where it spots small changes and appends these incrementally. Use it yes on your Mac's main system and day to day office type data drive but for backing up large amounts of data such as video or even Aperture files for example there are whole different strategies required. Carbon Copy Cloner is a good example of a utility for duping a large data drive and runs well in background while you work although not while doing video capture of course.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    I don't use TM for backing up FCPX files, which is why I was questioning this workflow. Now that I've recovered everything, I'm considering mavericks again so I can update to 10.1. Apparently, the new FCPX update has backup built in.