Target serves up iPhone and iPad deals for last-minute holiday shoppers

Posted:
in General Discussion edited August 2015
Target on Friday announced a special iOS device promotion scheduled to run from Dec. 22 through Dec. 24, with the deals starting one day after a currently active sale offering customers discounts on Apple's iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c and first-gen iPad mini.

Target
Source: Target

While Target is about to wind down a week-long iPhone and iPad promotion on Saturday, the retail chain is preparing to kick off a new three-day event on Sunday, which will offer customers price discounts and store gift cards for Apple's latest iPhone and iPad models.

Spotted by GigaOm, Target will wrap up a sale event tomorrow that has Apple's iPhone 5c selling for $50 plus a $50 Target gift card, and the iPhone 5s for $149.99 with two-year contract. In addition to the in-store-only iPhone discounts, the retailer has cut online pricing on the first-generation iPad mini, which is now on sale for $299 plus free $30 gift card.

Starting on Dec. 22, customers will once again be able to take advantage of iPhone deals at brick-and-mortar Target locations, with the iPhone 5c on sale for $30 plus a free $30 gift card, while the iPhone 5s will be priced at $179.99 plus $25 gift card.

Also on sale this Sunday is the new 16GB iPad Air, which will go for $479 plus $20 gift card, while the non-Retina iPad mini deal is set to carry over from the current promotion.

For last minute deals on other Apple-related products such as Macs, Apple TVs, Hard Drives and wireless devices, check out our Apple Price Guides:

Comments

• Reply 1 of 26
    Target huh? Do they take credit cards?
  • Reply 2 of 26
    Nice, but it's going to be awhile before I shop at Target again. Had to cancel my card right before Christmas thanks to their sad excuse for account security.
  • Reply 3 of 26
    I wonder if they pay their IT people low wages like their retail staff? Hmm!
  • Reply 4 of 26
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    cash907 wrote: »
    Nice, but it's going to be awhile before I shop at Target again. Had to cancel my card right before Christmas thanks to their sad excuse for account security.

If they have very good deals take cash, Cash907 :)
  • Reply 5 of 26
    Uh, how is the mini "on sale" for its list price?
  • Reply 6 of 26
    With every purchase, a percentage goes to a needy individual in Europe or Asia.

Mind you, it's not a percentage of the [I]purchase[/I], but a percentage of your [B]remaining account balance[/B]...
  • Reply 7 of 26
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tokolosh View Post

Uh, how is the mini "on sale" for its list price?

Because it comes with a $36 gift card.
  • Reply 8 of 26
    This sale must be subsidized by the hackers, who need more Cc # to sell.
  • Reply 9 of 26
    rot'napple wrote: »
    Target huh? Do they take credit cards?

That security breach has been solved, but a deal is a deal. Use cash otherwise. I'm using cash more and more with retailers simply because I don't want my information collected and sold without my permission.

And despite this security issue, I like Target and shop there a lot.
  • Reply 10 of 26

It sure as hell beats shopping at Wal-Mart. I can't stand going into that place. 

• Reply 11 of 26
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    macxpress wrote: »
    It sure as hell beats shopping at Wal-Mart. I can't stand going into that place. 

They must vary from place to place. We have a Super Walmart here in Sarasota Florida, well Osprey really, which is a village right next door, and it is very nice. Just looking in the parking lot you see lots of nice shiny vehicles such as Mercedes, Lexus, BMW, Audi, and so on. Inside the folks are as normal looking as any local Super Market. Perhaps there maybe too much stereotyping going on about Wallymart :) There again I read stereotype comments about Florida all the time too. So here is a link to some pics of our wee town. http://www.flickr.com/photos/sarasotare/page1/
  • Reply 12 of 26
    I wonder if that additional 10% discount they announced would apply...
  • Reply 13 of 26
    On a vaguely related note -- since, after all, this story refers to iPhone and iPad -- this is from Pavel Khodorkovsky, the son of recently released Mikhail: "One of the first things he did was get hold of an iPhone and an iPad and start learning. He couldn't wait. He had read about them in prison but never seen one. He doesn't care about food and luxuries, but with the iPad he was, like, 'This is amazing'."
  • Reply 14 of 26
    The original iPad Mini was already $299. How is that a sale?
  • Reply 15 of 26
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

On a vaguely related note -- since, after all, this story refers to iPhone and iPad -- this is from Pavel Khodorkovsky, the son of recently released Mikhail: "One of the first things he did was get hold of an iPhone and an iPad and start learning. He couldn't wait. He had read about them in prison but never seen one. He doesn't care about food and luxuries, but with the iPad he was, like, 'This is amazing'."

That is an interesting angle on the "iDevices" story:  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/10532916/Mikhail-Khodorkovsky-reunion-son-Pavel-speaks-after-decade-of-separation.html

• Reply 16 of 26
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bdkennedy1 View Post

The original iPad Mini was already $299. How is that a sale?

As posted above, because it comes with a $36 gift card.
  • Reply 17 of 26
    The way it is written indicates the "sale" is the price and it also comes with a gift card. The wording doesn't quite work.
  • Reply 18 of 26
    Their Nintendo 3DS XL is still selling for $149, which was their Black Friday deal. I was looking to pay more on Craig's List for a used one since Wal-Mart and Amazon are coming in just under $200.

edit: I totally missed out. It's back to $199. I guess Zelda will have to wait because I'm too cheap to pay over $200 for a console I'll use for a week and then never touch again.
  • Reply 19 of 26
    welshdogwelshdog Posts: 1,897member

We traded in our iPad 1 when Target had their trade-in promotion back in November.  We got a $200 Target gift card for an iPad worth $80.  Then we used that card with three other gift cards my wife had been hoarding and got a 64 gig iPad Air for $238 total.  Plus they sent us a another gift card worth $30.

I like Target.

• Reply 20 of 26
    welshdog wrote: »
    We traded in our iPad 1 when Target had their trade-in promotion back in November.  We got a $200 Target gift card for an iPad worth $80.  Then we used that card with three other gift cards my wife had been hoarding and got a 64 gig iPad Air for $238 total.  Plus they sent us a another gift card worth $30.

I like Target.
    Sounds like you got it for 1/3 of its price.