BlackBerry loses $4.4 billion in Q3, sells just 4.3 million devices

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 105
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TJRSV View Post

you are in a nice position for sure...did you buy at $680 too?

Nope.  But I would have no problem doing that.

• Reply 102 of 105
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiA View Post

Rhetorical question, what can Blackberry's messaging service offer which can't be done by Android, iOS or even Windows Mobile?

Nothing, given that BB has released an App based version for iOS and Android,

Windows mobile? Don't know, don't care.

• Reply 103 of 105
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Wild View Post

Trust and security!  Other then the NSA; nobody has been able to crack the Blackberry security!  It been rumor that the NSA spend over 90,000 hours with it powerful state of the edge parallel computer system to crack the encryption.   A computer that is over 20,000 times more powerful then any supercomputer in the world today!

You should write romance books, the truth is much more down to earth:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2082720/report-on-nsa-secret-payments-to-rsa-fuels-encryption-controversy.html ;

• Reply 104 of 105
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    chia wrote: »
    Blackberrys certainly don't deserve the credit of being the smartphone before smartphones when they were preceded to market by equivalents from Nokia (Communicator range), Ericsson/Sony Ericsson (R380, p800) and Handspring/Palm (Treo).

I'd go as far as to say the only innovation the Blackberrys brought to market were the BES secure messaging features, otherwise the Treo and Nokia Communicators were already more capable devices than the Blackberrys.

Here's odd news: Now that Nokia has shed it's Lumia line in a sell-off to Microsoft they're still going to build smartphones... and their own Android-based flavor??
  • Reply 105 of 105
    gatorguy wrote: »
    Here's odd news: Now that Nokia has shed it's Lumia line in a sell-off to Microsoft they're still going to build smartphones... and their own Android-based flavor??

Do you think they have a chance in a Samsung-dominated Android market? They might be able to get a foothold in parts of Europe that don't have iPhone subsidies -and- are still loyal to Nokia but I'm not sure even so sure of that, nor do I think that will be enough to keep them in the black. I wish them luck but it seems pretty bleak with Samsung's current Android dominance.