newnew
Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
guess this is the first picture.

any hypothetical thoughts?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 105
    [quote]Originally posted by New:

<strong>guess this is the first picture.

any hypothetical thoughts?</strong><hr></blockquote>

yer assuming we kow what this supposed to be.. mp3 player?

[ 02-28-2003: Message edited by: burningwheel ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 105
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    [quote]Originally posted by burningwheel:

<strong>

yer assuming we kow what this supped to be.. mp3 player?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Definately non-hypothetical first impression:

Eeeeeew.
  • Reply 3 of 105
    iRazor?
  • Reply 4 of 105
    Well, maybe it's better looking in real life. It's supposed to have a lovely screen, and that camera in the back will do it proud.

I'm just noooot suuuure about this bar-of-soap direction they're taking over there ...
  • Reply 4 of 105
    Groo.

I'd save my money for... something, you know, hypothetical, were I in the market for a new communications device.

Which I'm not quite yet.
  • Reply 6 of 105
    My T300 is like a bar of soap and it's the best telephone I've ever had. Better, I reckons, than my T68, for all it doesn't have bluetooh and all.
  • Reply 6 of 105
    Yes.

Were I in the market for a communications device -- a device I could be cough fairly certain was compatible with iSync, I think I'd wait a month or three.

Rather then buy that.
  • Reply 8 of 105
    Harald, the Moki of Digital Hub
  • Reply 9 of 105
    oh nothing

[ 02-28-2003: Message edited by: Hassan i Sabbah ]</p>
  • Reply 10 of 105
    [quote]Originally posted by Anders the White:

<strong>Harald, the Moki of Digital Hub </strong><hr></blockquote>

Nah. I'm always saying too much. Moki never does that.
  • Reply 11 of 105
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    [quote]Originally posted by Harald:

<strong>Were I in the market for a communications device -- a device I could be cough fairly certain was compatible with iSync, I think I'd wait a month or three.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I guess one issue is whether you want a "communications device" or a smaller mobile phone. Even though I am amazed by the capabilities of phones like the P800 and Palm-based phones, I keep wanting something smaller, like the <a href="http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=8&t=000614"; target="_blank">Sony Ericsson Z1010</a>.

We currently don't have any mobile phones in our household, but want to buy some. At this point I think I'll get a V60 or similar flip-phone for my wife (and share it) and wait to see how Sony Ericsson's and Apple's products evolve in the next 6 months.

Escher
  • Reply 12 of 105

<strong>guess this is the first picture.

any hypothetical thoughts?</strong><hr></blockquote>

My thoughts: The shape is odd. It better have Bluetooth.

So, New, what does the <a href="http://www.mobil.se/nyheter/visa.asp?id=6348&sid=1"; target="_blank">Mobil.se article</a> reveal?

Escher
  • Reply 13 of 105
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    Not much really... It is supposed to be the successor of the t68i. The screen will be radically improved. thousands of colors and a higher resolution. Built in camera (like harald said) and a slot for a memory stick (like the p800).

The official release is slated for the 4th of march.

I guess the form-factor will be much like the t600, (which looks really cool).

Even though not mentioned, Bluetooth is a given. So is iSync compatibility.

[ 02-28-2003: Message edited by: New ]</p>
  • Reply 14 of 105

<strong>Even though not mentioned, Bluetooth is a given. So is iSync compatibility.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Ah, now I'm interested! The longer I think about getting a new phone, the more I realize that Bluetooth (along with iSync compatibility) is a must for me. Good synchronization is essential if I want to replace my Palm with a mobile phone.

Escher
  • Reply 15 of 105
    [quote]Originally posted by Escher:

<strong>

Ah, now I'm interested! The longer I think about getting a new phone, the more I realize that Bluetooth (along with iSync compatibility) is a must for me. Good synchronization is essential if I want to replace my Palm with a mobile phone.

Escher</strong><hr></blockquote>

Me too. I'd love for my next phone to be something like the Nokia 7250 (designwise) with Bluetooth.

I still don't dig the S-E interface, and the ID of this new phone is... well... pants.

iPhone, save us now!
  • Reply 16 of 105
    My guess is that this phone will look verry attractive for us mac-heads indeed. I also hear there will be three more announcements on tuesday as well.

As always, (and right now especially), you just might want to hold out for a couple of months after the release of these phones before you jump on the bandwagon.

Say until mid-summer/ early fall.

By then, all the technical issues with the new models will be sorted out. (There are always technical issues with the first releases). And you'll make sure nothing else comes along to blow this thing away, (hypothetically).

[ 02-28-2003: Message edited by: New ]</p>
  • Reply 17 of 105
    [quote]Originally posted by Harald:

<strong>I'm just noooot suuuure about this bar-of-soap direction they're taking over there ...</strong><hr></blockquote>

the retro-walkman / game&watch style has potetial. Just look at the t600. the t300 isn't quite there I admitt, but the kids still love it. Lets wait for the real pictures. I think it has potential.

Now how would Ives and his team design a phone? That's what I want to know!

the new 3G clamshell-phone also looks quite nice, btw...
  • Reply 18 of 105
    Hello to the members and listeners of the board. It is my first post here but may be interesting

The T610 works via Bluetooth exactly the way the t68i does. I tested all sync features for Addressbook and iCal, the Bluetooth features of the Adressbook and the GPRS Modem. Pure Bluetooth fun. But still my most wanted feature was to have entries for addresses and birthdays in the phone ... unfortunatly still only phone numbers, email addresses and company name.

So the advantages in relation to the t68i are build in camera, better display and design. The only disadvantage with the current softwareversion is: it is slow in reaction to the user interaction. Hopefully this will evolve with a next release.

Finaly the t610 and the Z1010 will be the perfect mobile companions for the Mac. Which one to prefer depends technicaly from the available network coverage in the personal environment. And if money or time counts I would choose the T68i. For the time being there is no better phone regarding Mac connectivity available.
  • Reply 19 of 105
    [quote]Originally posted by delfi:

<strong>The only disadvantage with the current softwareversion is: it is slow in reaction to the user interaction. Hopefully this will evolve with a next release.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Argh, i thought they had learned! I'm not buying another slow-ass phone!
  • Reply 20 of 105
    Well, there will ofcourse also be polyphonic ringtone, and java games/apps.