Google's reaction to Apple's iPhone unveiling: 'We're going to have to start over' on Android

167891012»

Comments

• Reply 221 of 226
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    zerobim08 wrote: »
    What does this prove? I bet somewhere in apple hidden away there are similar documents showing how Johnny Ive design comparison to android when he designed iOS7.

Original iphone was a runaway success. As apple competitors they would have to response to the new competition by dissecting iphone and how to respond. Just like now Apple has to copy the strong points of Android to fight it.

You'll lose that bet. What are the Android "strong" points? Openness? NFC?
  • Reply 222 of 226
    bigmac2bigmac2 Posts: 639member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zerobim08 View Post

I thought we are talking about OS similarity (not design).

Anyway,  if you take a look at this filing by samsung, it was a completely different story.  Samsung released F700 6 months before iphone.  The iphone looked remarkably similar to F700.  Maybe apple copied this design.

http://www.osnews.com/story/26230/Samsung_reveals_its_pre-iPhone_concepts_10_touchscreen_devices

And Android is not "merely" a skin over Java.   Symbian/WinMo were never a Java runtime phone.   You are talking nonsense.

I'm talking about paradigm.  Apple as always smash others paradigms and develops news ones for their product.  Before the iPhone, it was unthinkable to create a phone without physical bouton.  The F700 was still a blackberry oriented design with a full physical keyboard, Appleinsider as already addressed this in a previous article:

http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/08/13/apple_blocks_samsung_f700_designers_testimony_calls_it_irrelevant

Games and third party apps on Symbian was mostly Java apps: 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbian

Here is the first smartphone I've ever own, what a crappy piece of junk:

• Reply 223 of 226
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    jungmark wrote: »
    You'll lose that bet. What are the Android "strong" points? Openness? NFC?

IMO one OS is not inherently better than the other for all users, but there are some things Android seems better at than iOS to date (we already know in what ways iOS is better than Android). A few examples would include a far greater range of sharing options, more complete and straightforward access to the file system, multiple user accounts on the same device, actions on notifications. . .
  • Reply 224 of 226
    cyberjcyberj Posts: 19member
    wow, the droid dorks really have their panties in a wad today.
    Again, the same comment on yet another article. I think this forum is actually just a few dudes, may be 1, 2 or 3, monitoring all the articles for anti-crapple stuff and attacking anyone that doesn't agree with them.
  • Reply 225 of 226
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    There are a couple of reasonable people around, we just tend to get shouted over a lot of the time.
  • Reply 226 of 226
    cyberjcyberj Posts: 19member
    crowley wrote: »
    There are a couple of reasonable people around, we just tend to get shouted over a lot of the time.
    I guess I have to look for you guys 3-4 pro apple trolls have a bullseye on me, which is always fun, anyway, nice to meet u.