Imovie 3 updated

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
anyone try it yet? did it fix any problems? I just wanted to get someones opinions before I download it myself. If they liked it better than the piece of crap apple 'accidentally' ? spelling ? released.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    I didn't have problems with 3.01. This new update is faster and appears to be better.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    gonna try it when I get home. in about 7 hours..
  • Reply 3 of 15
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    "iMovie"
  • Reply 4 of 15
    I tried it last night. Its faster, that's for sure. I havent really seen any "Big" changes though. Tonite im going to see how well it takes segments from Vegas Video (on the same box with VPC)
  • Reply 5 of 15
    WOW !!! Significantly faster than before!

iMovie needed about 20-25 sec to start. Now it only needs about 7 until completely ready. (With a project in the works, of course)

Progress, no?
  • Reply 6 of 15
    [quote]Originally posted by MacsRGood4U:

<strong>"iMovie" </strong><hr></blockquote>

nitpicker
  • Reply 7 of 15
    mac's girlmac's girl Posts: 556member
    i cant even install the freakin' update. keeps saying it cant find an appilcation to update.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    mac's girlmac's girl Posts: 556member
    i cant even install the freakin' update. keeps saying it cant find an appilcation to update.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    [quote]Originally posted by mac's girl:

<strong>i cant even install the freakin' update. keeps saying it cant find an appilcation to update.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Do you still have it in Macintosh HD/Applications/ ? (the disk doesn't need to have that name tough)

Is it named 'iMovie' ?

Make sure those two are correct. If they are and it's still a 'no go', download the update from <a href="http://www.apple.com/imovie/"; target="_blank">http://www.apple.com/imovie/</a>;

btw, check your PM's.
  • Reply 10 of 15
    does it by chance support 800x600 monitor resolution now ???
  • Reply 11 of 15
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    Until I installed iMovie, I though my iBook was fast enough. Now I want a 12-inch PowerBook. I hope I can hold out for another year and buy something really fast. It's not looking good, though.

I guess it's my G3.

[ 03-09-2003: Message edited by: Kecksy ]</p>
  • Reply 12 of 15
    [quote]Originally posted by KingOfSomewhereHot:

<strong>does it by chance support 800x600 monitor resolution now ???</strong><hr></blockquote>

It never will. 1024x768 is the minimum now.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    Kecksy: using iMovie 3.0.2 ?
  • Reply 14 of 15
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    [quote]Originally posted by Defiant:

<strong>Kecksy: using iMovie 3.0.2 ?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes, better, but still not as fast as iMovie2.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    sebseb Posts: 676member
    I think they fixed the Ken Burns Auto Apply thing.

That is, I don't think dragging a photo into the timeline automatically appies a ken burns effect anymore. I believe it only applies it if you hit the apply button.

I changed my plist with 3.0.1 to not auto apply and I changed it back to test if the update fixed that. And the update did fix it on my unit so...