iPod engraving now $19!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
<a href="http://store.apple.com/"; target="_blank">http://store.apple.com/</a>;

I hope this wasn't the big update they were talking about.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    muahmuah Posts: 165member
    I wondered how many people had this done. I think this points to very few rather than many. I wonder what the actual costs are for this?

Anyway, I think this price will actually get more people to do it. I always thought they should have thrown that in for free on the most expensive model anyway, just an added bonus for spending 500 bucks on a glorified walkman.

[ 03-11-2003: Message edited by: muah ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 8
    And now only £15 at the UK Apple Store.

Question: People seem to be complaining that the backs of their iPods get scratched a lot and someone even complained that he cannot even see the Apple symbol anymore, so can anyone tell us whether or not that same thing happens to an engraved iPod?

I mean, I'd be disappointed to pay for the engraving just to find it disappear after some time or become unreadable because of scratches and marks.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    dgmvwdgmvw Posts: 54member
    Maybe this is just another way to move out the old so they can bring in the new! Crosses fingers...
  • Reply 4 of 8
    [quote]Originally posted by Retrograde:

<strong>I mean, I'd be disappointed to pay for the engraving just to find it disappear after some time or become unreadable because of scratches and marks.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, the word 'engrave' by nature means that you wouldn't be able to scratch off the engraving. The Apple logo and other information on the back, if I recall correctly, are not engraved. They seem to be sandblasted if I remember, but it has been a while.

Your engraving would be rather permanent.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    well jack, if you scratch it, it gets scratched, no matter how it was made on it in the first place. I mean, if you scratch the metal off, it's off.

the apple logo and the other text on the back of the iPod is laser engraved. so is your special text.

They wouldn't sandblast that, because you're not going to change the process of engraving twice while manufacturing.

(Does one notice that I'm learning Constructor? )
  • Reply 6 of 8
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    I wonder if they'll put my old sig on one?

Apple: bumping prices, not specs.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    [quote]Originally posted by Matsu:

<strong>I wonder if they'll put my old sig on one?

Apple: bumping prices, not specs.</strong><hr></blockquote>

For enough money they would laser engrave a M$ logo for you.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    i think an anodized aluminum iPod would look great.