So will there be a 9.7 Inch iPad Air's Next Iteration this year ?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014

Hey Guys,

I always thought this place had the greatest lot of speculators when it came to predicting on what could be the future iteration of a product and what features could it have :smokey:

Can I ask you guys to just run your horses and speculate or take a guess here for me please…:D

There are rumours of the iPad Pro coming this year with the 12 inch screen with a 4K Resolution and Blah…Blah…Blah. Which really does not excite me for a simple reason it would be touching, close to the Macbook Air and so why would I buy a iPad Pro and not a Macbook Air which is like your Lean, Mean a complete Running Machine. But anyways that is not my concern…

My question to you guys is, so if the iPad Pro comes this year will Apple not roll out its regular 9.7 inch iPad Air's next iteration along with this ? I am currently on a iPad-3 ? I do wish to upgrade to iPad-Air but what I think is if in another 10 months if we may have a better iPad Air 1.1 with some extra features like the Finger Print Lock/Unlock feature or a more better resolution screen I can hold on to my current iPad-3 as I am not in some out of the world hurry to upgrade it. Yes the iPad-Air is some piece of art/craft But if I am already in Jan-2014 and if there is a iPad-Air 1.1 in the making and could be available in 10 Months…I can wait. No worries !

So will there be a 9.7 Inch iPad Air next iteration along with the iPad-Pro ? is what I am asking People !! :wow:

Cheers !

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Probably, yeah.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    augustyaaugustya Posts: 109member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

Probably, yeah.

Wow ! Ok ! And what are the new features it will likely have ? anything looking on the cards right now ?

• Reply 3 of 14
    The new one got released two months ago dude. You're premature, and there won't be any credible rumours out for months yet (if ever). If you want one now, get one now.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

The new one got released two months ago dude. You're premature, and there won't be any credible rumours out for months yet (if ever). If you want one now, get one now.

But that is also applicable to the iPad Pro right ? Still the Rumour Mill is churning out leaks and information and news…about the Pro :). I mean Apple has just got a show ended 2 months back still the Rumours keep coming for the Pro so why not for the iPad Air's next iteration…

• Reply 5 of 14
    Sure it's applicable to the so-called iPad Pro. It's not a credible rumour yet. Especially since most of the commentators are saying it'll be enterprise-targeted, which is something Apple never does.
  • Reply 6 of 14

But whats in store for the iPad Air then ? That is more I am interested in :)

• Reply 7 of 14
    Laser guns.
  • Reply 8 of 14

:devil:

• Reply 9 of 14
    Originally Posted by augustya View Post

So will there be a 9.7 Inch iPad Air next iteration along with the iPad-Pro ? is what I am asking People !! 

Of course.

• Reply 10 of 14
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Of course.

Any possible features which it may likely have ?

• Reply 11 of 14
    Originally Posted by augustya View Post

A8, maybe 2GB of RAM, and hopefully NAND prices will be low enough to move to 32-64-128 at the same prices.

• Reply 12 of 14
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    augustya wrote: »

Are you for real? You have already, yourself mind you, mentioned a few real possibilities with respect to what the next ten machine will have. At this point it is complete speculation as to what the fall revs will have. I could even see a spring rev to the iPads to bring along touch sensors. It is pretty obvious that the iPads have been designed to support the touch sensor so they may simply be ramping production and will be shortly ready to bump the product.

In any event there is a big difference between what I think IPad needs and what Apple thinks it needs in the next rev. The fingerprint sensor might be high on their list but personally I'd rather see more RAM and flash.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    I'm sticking with laser guns. How long will it take Apple, they should have been there from the start!
  • Reply 14 of 14

Will it have the Finger Print Lock/Unlock Feature ?