How the heck do I get this awful iOS 7.0.4 uninstalled!!!?????

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014

Greetings and salutations, sentient beings who possess more scruples than I.

Am I crazy or has Apple hired the worst Microsoft programmers to create their new operating systems? Okay, don't answer that. Simply tell me how to uninstall iOS 7.0.4 from my iPhone 4S.

Background: This lovely little piece of software programming genius (AKA iOS 7.0.4), has left my phone almost completely unusable and, apparently, no longer capable of air-play or a simple spotlight search. I even asked Siri to help me find the spotlight search function on the phone (in an effort to find the air-play), alas, she is just as clueless as I. Haaaahahahahaha, Siri (of all things) has no idea what a spotlight search is even though there is a button for it under settings. That button, of course, doesn't actually let you use the spotlight search function (bah, much too easy) it just lets you decide what programs the search will go through, on the off-chance you actually find the tool and use it. Yes, yes, yes I DID read the little blurb during the update's installation process regarding how the new spotlight search works but I'm afraid when I swipe the phone, as instructed, no spotlight search reveals itself to me.

Honestly, this update shouldn't have seen the light of day. Why is mediocrity so prevalent and so easily acceptable? WHY? And who the heck designed the terribly cheesy new display, third-graders armed with crayons? More importantly, who is the blind-knob who approved that design!?  Goddamn, whoever was involved in that decision should be cut-loose, stat.

Yes, I'm venting. Gimme a break, in 24 hours I've gone from loving my phone to wanting to give it a massive swirly in the office loo. Of course, that would be entirely unfair to the phone. It's certainly not the phone's fault Apple now employs idjits instead of proper programmers and designers.

But I digress... just tell me how to uninstall this craptastic update. Thank you mucho in advance!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Amazongrl View Post

Greetings and salutations, sentient beings who possess more scruples than I.

Am I crazy or has Apple hired the worst Microsoft programmers to create their new operating systems? Okay, don't answer that. Simply tell me how to uninstall iOS 7.0.4 from my iPhone 4S.

Background: This lovely little piece of software programming genius (AKA iOS 7.0.4), has left my phone almost completely unusable and, apparently, no longer capable of air-play or a simple spotlight search. I even asked Siri to help me find the spotlight search function on the phone (in an effort to find the air-play), alas, she is just as clueless as I. Haaaahahahahaha, Siri (of all things) has no idea what a spotlight search is even though there is a button for it under settings. That button, of course, doesn't actually let you use the spotlight search function (bah, much too easy) it just lets you decide what programs the search will go through, on the off-chance you actually find the tool and use it. Yes, yes, yes I DID read the little blurb during the update's installation process regarding how the new spotlight search works but I'm afraid when I swipe the phone, as instructed, no spotlight search reveals itself to me.

Honestly, this update shouldn't have seen the light of day. Why is mediocrity so prevalent and so easily acceptable? WHY? And who the heck designed the terribly cheesy new display, third-graders armed with crayons? More importantly, who is the blind-knob who approved that design!?  Goddamn, whoever was involved in that decision should be cut-loose, stat.

Yes, I'm venting. Gimme a break, in 24 hours I've gone from loving my phone to wanting to give it a massive swirly in the office loo. Of course, that would be entirely unfair to the phone. It's certainly not the phone's fault Apple now employs idjits instead of proper programmers and designers.

But I digress... just tell me how to uninstall this craptastic update. Thank you mucho in advance!

oh whatever... bugger off

• Reply 2 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,440moderator
    amazongrl wrote: »
    when I swipe the phone, as instructed, no spotlight search reveals itself to me.

Did you swipe down on the home screen from the middle? Swipe down from the top will give you notifications.

If you'd rather have iOS 6, you'd have to sync all your content to iCloud or locally. Then you'd have to get an iOS 6 installer online, put your phone into recovery, restore iOS 6 and sync everything back to it. A backup/restore won't work and sync might lose some things, especially if you don't have them selected like text messages.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    cyberjcyberj Posts: 19member
    oh whatever... bugger off
    Told you fuckers iOS 7 is shit. Don't push people off just because they show you that its shit. I'ce used it on a ipoop 4 and its laaaaaaaagggyyyy.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    It would actually be pretty cool and useful if Siri could give you help on how to use your iPhone, trigger some tutorial videos and stuff when you ask "how do I..."