Review: Apple's second-generation iPad mini with Retina display

1234568»

Comments

• Reply 141 of 148
    I sold my iPad4 and used the money towards a 128Gb mini. Worth it? You bet! The speed is great though not that much greater than the iPad4. Apple made the right move in making the mini. It's really great for reading, just the right size screen. Glad I waited till this upgrade to go mini. As it is I have no regrets in upgrading.
  • Reply 142 of 148
    In reading all the comments about the screen colors and frankly I haven't noticed any real difference. Apple has done a great job in making the Mini a real contender in the tablet market. Technically, the Mini2 is much faster than the iPad4 but the real speed improvement won't be seen until 64bit apps start showing up.
  • Reply 143 of 148
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    In reading all the comments about the screen colors and frankly I haven't noticed any real difference. Apple has done a great job in making the Mini a real contender in the tablet market. Technically, the Mini2 is much faster than the iPad4 but the real speed improvement won't be seen until 64bit apps start showing up.

I've noticed a difference in the screen color but not enough that makes me want a full sized iPad or prefer a non-Retina iPad with an excellent color gamut.

It's entirely possible your iPad has excellent color gamut. The reviews are showing that the ones tested are off but that doesn't mean some or even most are being made with more color accuracy. My hypothesis is Apple needed to widen the acceptable window for the displays in order to make yields for Retina on the Mini this year.
  • Reply 144 of 148
    Apple is trying hard to improve their tablets but it's probably a waste of time and effort. Nearly all consumers want to buy a $200 Android tablet just to save money. Apparently most consumers can't differentiate the quality difference and just automatically buy the cheaper product especially if it's only half the price of an iPad. That's why the iPad's market share has fallen off a cliff.
  • Reply 145 of 148
    Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeRange View Post

Both google and amazon lose money on every tablet they sell. This is not a business model Apple is about to compete with in pricing.

But both of those companies's products are gaining in market share and that's all that matters to everyone.

• Reply 146 of 148
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Constable Odo View Post

Apple is trying hard to improve their tablets but it's probably a waste of time and effort. Nearly all consumers want to buy a $200 Android tablet just to save money. Apparently most consumers can't differentiate the quality difference and just automatically buy the cheaper product especially if it's only half the price of an iPad. That's why the iPad's market share has fallen off a cliff.

And yet still 50% larger than Sammy's.

Some "cliff".

• Reply 147 of 148
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Constable Odo View Post

But both of those companies's products are gaining in market share and that's all that matters to everyone.

Because losing money is every commercial business' dream?

No, not really.