Sunrise Calendar goes universal, Confide brings off-the-record messaging to Apple's iOS

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Social scheduling app Sunrise Calendar has been updated to add native iPad support, while new messaging entry Confide enables Snapchat-like disappearing text messages.

Sunrise Calendar

Sunrise Calendar

Nearly a year after it first arrived on iPhone, Sunrise calendar -- a Google Calendar client that adds natural language processing for appointments and integrates with Facebook events --?is now a universal app with an iPad-tuned layout. Thursday's update also brought a new week view that the app's developers say makes visualizing your schedule easier.

In addition, Sunrise Calendar now makes use of Apple's iOS background processing to synchronize every hour, whether or not the app is open. Users who prefer more time between updates can change the background synchronization frequency in the app's settings.

Sunrise Calendar version 2.1 is available now as a free, 7.1-megabyte download from the App Store.

Confide

Confide

Snapchat users wishing for a text messaging app with similar functionality have a new option in Confide, an iPhone-optimized app that does not store messages on the device and destroys them after they are read. Users are required to swipe their finger over the message to reveal the words, a feature the developer says is intended to prevent screenshots.

Confide messages are encrypted and can be instantly sent to any email address. The app also provides users with read receipts to track their messages' status.

Confide version 1.0 is available now as a free, 5.8-megabyte download from the App Store.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3

Someone should suggest this app to Gov. Christie's chief of staff.

• Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LordJohnWhorfin View Post

Someone should suggest this app to Gov. Christie's chief of staff.

I hope you were kidding. Cause if you were then haha. I don't think that a policy of hiding the truth fosters good governance. What they do in their personal lives should be safe from prying but what they do in their official capacity benefits from being shown. 

It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry. ~ Thomas Paine

Edit: adding a note that I do get it if it's just a (poor) joke.

• Reply 3 of 3
    ddawson100 wrote: »
    I hope you were kidding. Cause if you were then haha. I don't think that a policy of hiding the truth fosters good governance. What they do in their personal lives should be safe from prying but what they do in their official capacity benefits from being shown. 

It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry. ~ <a href="http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Thomas_Paine" style="background-image:none;color:rgb(11,0,128);" target="_blank" title="Thomas Paine">Thomas Paine</a>

Edit: adding a note that I do get it if it's just a (poor) joke.
    I just wonder what kind of a bizarre bubble you live in where my post is not an obvious sarcastic (and very funny) joke.