Mail 6.6 question

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014

I'm still running male 6.6 and I had a question for you. In a previous version before this was updated there was a way to check a box that would take your mail off the server once read. Is that functionality anywhere easy to find in this version of male 6.6?  Can't find it.  Also is there a way to make it a specific length of time it gets removed from the server maybe from 1, 2, days, maybe a week or two weeks?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6

Take it off the server once read locally or take it off once downloaded to Mail? The latter is an option ticked on whatever service’s mail site you’re forwarding from, generally.

• Reply 2 of 6
    dmfettdmfett Posts: 141member

I was referring to the old checkbox that used to be there removing it from the server once the mail was read on your local email program.

• Reply 3 of 6
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dmfett View Post

I was referring to the old checkbox that used to be there removing it from the server once the mail was read on your local email program.

It's available for POP accounts only. If you are using IMAP then the option does not exist.

• Reply 4 of 6

It is a pop account so where do I find it?

In previous versions before this recent one, there use to be a checkbox but it's missing now its missing in this version…. where it's at.

• Reply 5 of 6
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dmfett View Post

It is a pop account so where do I find it?

In previous versions before this recent one, there use to be a checkbox but it's missing now its missing in this version…. where it's at.

It hasn't moved.  Preferences: Accounts: Advanced.

• Reply 6 of 6

A Big Dah on  me. I didn't see you there…darn...thanks for helping me out…I appreciate it.