Apple's iPhone turns 7 years old

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

What I'm saying is that there's a time and place for everything. This is a time to congratulate Apple on a milestone not whine about Android.

I see .... ok, but BEFORE saying anything, I would suggest you do your duty by congratulating Apple first ... then be Forum-Nazi and bitch about other's so-called whining for as long as it satisfies your soul.

• Reply 42 of 58
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Good thing for Android because you'd have nothing to cry and whine about. Instead of just wishing the iPhone a happy birthday and comment about all the positives it's bought to people's lives, you were compelled to write a sad and pathetic post.

You need a tissue, mate?

It's a shame the legal system is so slow that seven years after the iPhone's introduction the copycats are still getting away with it.

• Reply 43 of 58
    @rogifan Who said Forstall was the father of the iPhone? Steve Jobs holds that title by himself. Forstall could be called the father of iPhone OS/iOS. Not quite the same. Ive was responsible for the physical appearance of the device; What would mean more to everyday people, I.e. What meant more to Steve. He always involved Schiller around that era. So no oddities here.
  • Reply 44 of 58
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Let's remember what mobile web browsing was back then: WAP browsers.

Perhaps ironically the iPhone allowed for "full" web pages to be displayed brought about the created of modern mobile web pages idealized for the display size.

And remember the war that started with Adobe Flash and claims the iPhone couldn't show the "full internet"? Remember Adobe's claims that they have Flash for the iPhone but Apple is blocking them from including it? We don't even see trolls here anymore trying to claim the iPhone is shit because it doesn't have Flash.
  • Reply 45 of 58
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    Good thing for Android because you'd have nothing to cry and whine about. Instead of just wishing the iPhone a happy birthday and comment about all the positives it's bought to people's lives, you were compelled to write a sad and pathetic post.

1) Where's the fun in that?

2) at the time many believed the iPhone would bring about a revolution in the mobile industry and were told by others that was not the case. It's only later when we can look back to know if we were right or wrong and those that were right, for better or worse, can now gloat.

3) I see no benefit in telling an inanimate object "Happy Birthday." Maybe Siri, but only if she was a sexbot that looked like Scarlett J.
  • Reply 46 of 58
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    1) Where's the fun in that?

2) at the time many believed the iPhone would bring about a revolution in the mobile industry and were told by others that was not the case. It's only later when we can look back to know if we were right or wrong and those that were right, for better or worse, can now gloat.

3) I see no benefit in telling an inanimate object "Happy Birthday." Maybe Siri, but only if she was a sexbot that looked like Scarlett J.

Now nobody said not to have fun. I said in another post that there’s a time and a place for everything, and this is the perfect time to bash the nay sayers and detractors.
  • Reply 47 of 58
    hill60 wrote: »
    You need a tissue, mate?

It's a shame the legal system is so slow that seven years after the iPhone's introduction the copycats are still getting away with it.

Who's getting away with what exactly? You laugh at the companies that bashed the iPhone and said it wasn’t going to be successful and you bash the companies that realized what Apple had done and reacted accordingly. I'm not saying that what Google did is commendable or even right, but it has allowed the other manufacturers to start the very least survive where some have died (Palm) or on their last leg (BB), and please don't tell me that these companies should innovate for themselves, the truth is that no company is going to be able to create a device and a platform that people will suddenly flock to.
  • Reply 48 of 58
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    ...the truth is that no company is going to be able to create a device and a platform that people will suddenly flock to.

No "other" company, don't you mean?

Apple has done it several times.
  • Reply 49 of 58
    The same day struck a mortal blow to Adobe Flash.
  • Reply 50 of 58
    hill60 wrote: »
    No "other" company, don't you mean?

Apple has done it several times.

That was implied, and it's only more devices on the same platform. At this point I don't believe even Apple could out do itself.
  • Reply 51 of 58
    Breaks my heart seeing that ass eric sh!t on stage knowing what he did now.
  • Reply 52 of 58
    "Critics said it wasn't fast enough, it wasn't cheap enough, and it wasn't open enough."
    Well I'm unsure, I still think it wasn't/isn't open enough. Same goes for cheap. I think it was sufficiently fast for the time.
    Great device! A proper game changer. Oh the garbage that manufacturers touted as a touchscreen phones before it ^ _ ^.

Which is why it saddens me I have yet to see another "Game changer" device since then from Apple. iPad was good as well but in the end an expensive toy. Thanks for this article, I look forward to the iPhone 6 or whatever they may call it. I hope it not another iP4 clone which is simply thinner, faster and/or facelifted again : ).
  • Reply 53 of 58
    comleycomley Posts: 139member
    [URL]http://www.phones4cash.co.uk/3/blog/post/896/super-slim-iphone-6-pictures-leaked[/URL]

I've enjoyed my iPhones for many years now always wonder what's next
  • Reply 54 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AtDIelement View Post

Can't you just say happy birthday to the iPhone? Why was this necessary?

tbh it just goes to show that the only thing more insecure than a fandroid is a fanboy, doesn't matter which 'side' they're on, some people can only validate their existence by attacking others

i much prefer your sentiment, happy candles to the iphone

• Reply 55 of 58
    "Are you gettin'it ?"
    Most fantastic tech product one man show in a decade.
    See him jubilating that way is really infectious.
  • Reply 56 of 58
    This is too too too amazing. I loved this presentation 7 ears ago. My first attendance to this convention. It inspired my to make this http://kck.st/1jH59qw and dedicate it to Steve Jobs
  • Reply 57 of 58
    lilgto64lilgto64 Posts: 1,147member
    Of the three that are in my family (none being used as phones any longer) all three still work - although one could use a new battery and one had some anomalies with the LCD when it was purchased used. I wonder how many 7 year old phones from other companies are still being used in any capacity.
  • Reply 58 of 58

congratulations to one of the genius products of the world