Briefly: Apple updates WWDC 2013 app to fix login and video issues [ux2]

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
More than half a year after Apple's 2013 Worldwide Developers Conference ended, the company has released an update to the official WWDC iOS app to fix an issue where developers were unable to watch videos.

WWDC App

WWDC for iOS version 1.3 brings a fix to a reported issue some third party developers were seeing when attempting to log in and watch session videos.

As per usual, last year's annual conference included a number of talks regarding keystone Apple platform technology, with a specific focus on new tools for OS X and iOS.

Sessions were recorded with corresponding Keynote slides for developers to refer to when building or troubleshooting apps. Without a functioning WWDC app, many devs were left without easy on-the-go access to the information cache.

The latest version of Apple's WWDC app is a free 4.5MB download from the App Store.

Update: AppleInsider has received reports of continuing issues with Apple's WWDC app. As seen in the image below, provided by reader Geert-Jan, the app is still showing problems accepting passwords.

Error

Update 2: Apple has seemingly once again updated the backend serving its WWDC app and users are reporting the latest fix is working.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    The app is still buggy, its still impossible to watch any vids.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    Sessions were recorded with corresponding Keynote slides for developers to refer to when building or troubleshooting apps. Without a functioning WWDC app, many devs were left without easy on-the-go access to the information cache. http://www.arigbuy.com/pomp-c6-android-4-2-3g-smartphone-5-5-inch-fhd-screen-mtk6589-quad-core-1-5ghz-gesture-sensing-2gb-ram-32gb-rom-gps-13-0mp-camera-yellow.html
  • Reply 3 of 11
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member

It took forever to fix, and when it was fixed it wasn't, and probably shouldn't have happened in the first place since their app, their OS, their servers, their content. Smells like outsourcing...

• Reply 4 of 11
    Good blog seomoz.com
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Sometimes it feels that apple themselves are "worst" on making small updates on there apps, usually only huge updates but not as other app developers they update "all the time" ..

Maybe apple is "just perfect" ;-)
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Nice spam guys but even on my iPhone 4S everything is working fine never had any problems before!?
    Video, Maps, Events all work without a hitch.
  • Reply 7 of 11

I just don’t get why they made two of them. They should have updated the original.

• Reply 8 of 11
    I just don’t get why they made two of them. They should have updated the original.

Did they? The article stated it's v1.3 but I just updated mine, the latest being v1.0.3 Kind of a big thing AI - please be accurate with this type of information. The links go to v1.0.3 as well.

As for the app, I never had problems with 1.0.2, and don't see anything 'wrong' with the updated version.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Did they?

I mean for this year and last year. Oh, wait, three.

• Reply 10 of 11
    <span style="line-height:1.4em;">Did they?</span>

I mean for this year and last year. Oh, wait, three.

Ah, ok. Yeah. And then two for the Apple Store. Sloppy
  • Reply 11 of 11
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member

Just in time for WWDC '14...