Apple says working on fix for random iOS 7 crashing issue

Comments

• Reply 21 of 54
    I am on iOS 7.1 beta 4. iPhone hasn't crashed since I installed it Monday. Same with my iPad air. They're getting there.
  • Reply 22 of 54

Its happened to me a few times on my 5s and I thought it was just a problem with my phone. It only pissed me off once when it happened right before I took a picture so I missed the opportunity, but glad they are fixing it.

• Reply 23 of 54
    iOS 6 stays until 7.2 at least.
    You may be waiting till 8.0 in September/ October which I would guess have same anoint of bugs as 7.1 which comes out, thankfully reviews seem to be it goes to practically no crashes, Ios7 seemed to be apples buggiest, and most hated update to anything in years.
  • Reply 24 of 54
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    jungmark wrote: »
    I've had my 4S crash after I upgraded but not recently. Yay?
    What they need to fix is ios7 frying the wifi and bt chips on the 4s. I have a friend who's had it happen twice and yesterday his wife's 4s' network connections died. I checked it out for him and discovered that this is common. When he was at the Apple store two other people were there for the same reason.
  • Reply 25 of 54
    You may be waiting till 8.0 in September/ October which I would guess have same anoint of bugs as 7.1 which comes out, thankfully reviews seem to be it goes to practically no crashes, Ios7 seemed to be apples buggiest, and most hated update to anything in years.

Good. I'll take whatever improvements I can get. I don't hate it (it was already installed on the iPad Air), but it needs to be more stable. I have issues with iOS 6, but the iPad Air is definitely crashing more frequently for me, and I attribute that to the OS, not the apps or the hardware.
  • Reply 26 of 54
    welshdogwelshdog Posts: 1,897member
    This crashing has been evident on all of our iOS device, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPhone 5 and iPhone 4s. Have not been able to discern a pattern or cause.
  • Reply 27 of 54
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    paxman wrote: »
    What they need to fix is ios7 frying the wifi and bt chips on the 4s. I have a friend who's had it happen twice and yesterday his wife's 4s' network connections died. I checked it out for him and discovered that this is common. When he was at the Apple store two other people were there for the same reason.

Must have been a bad batch. My 4S 's wifi is fine.
  • Reply 28 of 54

I can vouch for the Safari crashes on my iPad Air. However, I don't recall seeing Safari crash on my iPhone 5, even though I use it more than Safari on my iPad.

Neither my iPhone 5, nor my iPad Air got the B/W SOD.

• Reply 29 of 54
    adamcadamc Posts: 583member
    Perhaps it happened most often with android phones users.
  • Reply 30 of 54
    Finally they are acknowledging this needs a fix! All the reps just told me to restore the phone as new but that didn't work and they said get a new phone if not. Glad other people are having the same issue I am!
  • Reply 31 of 54
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member

I'm keeping iOS 6 on my two 4Ses forever, if I can get away with it. They are museum pieces. I find the aesthetics of the older textured icons much preferable to the flat washed-out look of iOS 7.

No system crashes on my iPad mini retina, but constant Safari crashes when posting to AI.
  • Reply 32 of 54
    ibuzzibuzz Posts: 135member

I mistakenly upgraded to 7.0.4 from IOS 6 on my iphone 4.  What a mistake.  It's a terrible experience.  Very buggy and the phone is almost unusable.  Apple should allow us to downgrade back to IOS6.  This really sucks....

Don't upgrade from 6.  You'll be sorry.

• Reply 33 of 54
    I've been getting quite a lot of these soft restarts on my 5S and iPad Air. Didn't really have them on the iPhone 5 or iPad 3 on iOS 7 I had before, so my theory was that it's something to do with the new 64 bit chip. But who knows?

Apple, hopefully.
  • Reply 34 of 54
    djsherlydjsherly Posts: 1,031member

Safari taps out when it feels like it and springboard occasionally just dies. Uncharacteristic of Apple, and it's quite frustrating.

• Reply 35 of 54
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

I've had my 4S crash after I upgraded but not recently. Yay?

Same here, just one time.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dnd0ps View Post

It seems to be an issue with the phone running out of RAM. I had that on my 5S everytime I try to load too many apps concurrently. Killing them manually seems to prevent the restarts

An Apple Genius once told me to go through my phone every now and then and manually close apps I'm not using. Ironically that was when I had a problem with iOS 6. Maybe that's why 7's been working fine for me.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by paxman View Post

No problems with mine (knock on wood ;) )

• Reply 36 of 54
    what happened to webkit fixes for Safari and Chromes inability to go through many a light web site swamp?
    I'm hoping for a 2nd proclamation from those Apple gods.
  • Reply 37 of 54
    zabazaba Posts: 226member
    You might have to wait a while for that, in the meantime you can watch your CRT television.
  • Reply 38 of 54
    Wow so it would seem it effects new hardware only My iP4S hasn't encountered this with iOS 7
    Also if you experience a crash or just a simple shut-down when your power is @ or between 9-1
    don't be surprised.
  • Reply 39 of 54
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dnd0ps View Post

It seems to be an issue with the phone running out of RAM. I had that on my 5S everytime I try to load too many apps concurrently. Killing them manually seems to prevent the restarts

I concur. It always happens to me when I'm running RAM hungry programs and switching using the double-click tray. Especially Scrabble -- terrible programming -- that app eats up RAM like there's no tomorrow and chews the battery like a Chihuahua and a pair of Manolos. And Safari. Always when switching to Safari.

• Reply 40 of 54
    zaba wrote: »
    You might have to wait a while for that, in the meantime you can watch your CRT television.

In the meantime, you can use Windows Vista while the rest of us wait for Windows 7.