ABC to interview Tim Cook for 30th anniversary of Mac

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apple CEO Tim Cook will make a rare television appearance in an interview with David Muir of ABC World News, with one of main topics likely to be the Mac's 30th anniversary.

Cook/Muir
ABC's David Muir holds a Mac Pro while interviewing Apple CEO Tim Cook. | Source: Van Scott via Twitter

Cook's segment, which is said to focus on the Mac, will air on ABC World News with Diane Sawyer on Friday at 6:30 p.m. in all time zones. Good Morning America will be airing a preview of the interview tomorrow, though an exact time was not disclosed.

Information regarding the interview, first spotted on Thursday, is scarce, and the only mention of Cook's appearance is a tweet from ABC Communications publicity director Van Scott. ABC's website is not hosting the image seen above and makes no mention of the interview in World News' scheduling.

Extrapolating from the lone picture provided by Scott, the newly redesigned Mac Pro will seemingly be discussed -- at least in passing -- as Muir is shown holding the machine. The latest pro-level Mac launched in December and represents the pinnacle of Apple's computer hardware lineup.

Apple execs are out in force touting the Mac's anniversary. On Thursday, MacWorld published an interview in which Phil Schiller, Craig Federighi and Bud Tribble discussed Mac lineage, as well as what the company has in store for the platform in the coming years.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    Apple CEO Tim Cook will make a rare television appearance in an interview with David Muir of ABC World News, with one of main topics likely to be the Mac's 30th anniversary.

Cook's segment, which is said to focus on the Mac, will air on ABC World News with Diane Sawyer on Friday at 6:30 p.m. in all time zones. Good Morning America will be airing a preview of the interview tomorrow.

I remember when the main news channels didn't even acknowledge that the Mac existed, or would treat the Mac as a pimple on Bill Gates butt. Times sure have changed.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    Interesting that Cook would go on National TV one business day before announcing quarterly earnings.
    It would suggest that the news on Monday will be positive
  • Reply 3 of 11
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    flabingo wrote: »
    Interesting that Cook would go on National TV one business day before announcing quarterly earnings.
    It would suggest that the news on Monday will be positive
    One would think so. Meanwhile Samsung's quarterly figures were below expectations according to Businessweek. :D
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

One would think so. Meanwhile Samsung's quarterly figures were below expectations according to Businessweek. image

Exactly. Going down in sales in the holiday quarter can't be a good thing.

• Reply 5 of 11
    The best revenge is success. Just deserts for Samsung, I'd say.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    I'm sure he'll just say the same things the other execs said in their interview with Macworld, it would be nice if he could sneak in a mention of Steve somewhere too though.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    tylerk36tylerk36 Posts: 1,037member

Steve jobs quote after the law suit against Microsoft (loss) " I will burry you! "

• Reply 8 of 11
    dnd0psdnd0ps Posts: 253member
    In china there's this belief that burning items on a person's grave would send it to him in the afterlife. Burn a new Mac Pro on Steve's grave?
  • Reply 9 of 11
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member

Complete rubbish!

• Reply 10 of 11
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Wow this was really lame. Segment lasted maybe 2 minutes. And then they teased that on world news tonight they would have comments from Tim on the NSA. Man I wish Tim would have chosen a different outlet for an interview.
  • Reply 11 of 11

"The best revenge is success. Just deserts for Samsung, I'd say."

A side helping of sand to go with that crow.