Apple releases iOS 7.0.5 to address iPhone network issues in China

Posted:
in iPhone edited February 2014
Apple on Wednesday pushed out a minor update for its mobile platform in the form of iOS 7.0.5, intended to address some network issues associated with the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c when being used in China.

iOS 7.0.5

iOS 7.0.5 can be obtained by accessing the Software Update option in the native Settings application on an iOS device. According to Apple, the update "corrects network provisioning for some iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c models sold in China."

The update comes just a few days after both devices officially launched on China Mobile, the world's largest wireless provider. Apple didn't indicate whether the update is specific to China Mobile iPhones or if it also applies to customers on China Unicom and China Telecom.

The last minor update for Apple's mobile platform came in November with the release of iOS 7.0.4. That update was intended for a more global audience, addressing issues associated with FaceTime.

Still in beta testing is iOS 7.1, of which a fourth pre-release build was supplied to developers last week. The point-one release is more full-featured and is expected to contain numerous tweaks for the iOS 7 platform. Rumors have suggested that update may not arrive until March.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    So if I'm not in China, don't bother? Got it.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Cash907 View Post

So if I'm not in China, don't bother? Got it.

See the part of the image that reads…"For information on the security content of this update…"

If you follow that link it describes a situation with malicious Word documents that has been addressed.

But, since the bug was discovered by Felix Groebert of the Google Security Team I'm sure some Apple fanatics will refuse to update. /s

• Reply 3 of 14

Is this the Chinese backdoor enabler?

• Reply 4 of 14
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    Will this fix IPad sync issues?
  • Reply 5 of 14
    I think I saw this movie...
  • Reply 6 of 14
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

Will this fix IPad sync issues?

You’re kidding, right? You can’t possibly be that dense.

• Reply 7 of 14
    droidftwdroidftw Posts: 1,009member

Any word on if this closes the exploit that lets people jailbreak?

• Reply 8 of 14
    I feel like they're spending more time on 7.1 than they did on 7 from the point of releasing betas to public release if it doesn't come out till march. Ps I felt ios 7 beta 4 or 5 ran smoother at times than my current full release does in a way.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    hillstoneshillstones Posts: 1,490member
    It only applies to certain 5S and 5C models sold in CHINA.  If you read a reputable news source, you will know that the update only applies to international versions of the 5S and 5C.

• Reply 10 of 14
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,040member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

You’re kidding, right? You can’t possibly be that dense.

Oh yes he can.

Note: AppleInsider comment quality continues to deteriorate exponentially. Soon it will be like MacRumors, whose forum comment section is essentially unreadable.

• Reply 11 of 14
    Here in the Netherlands i received it on my 5S. Weird :p
  • Reply 12 of 14

HI , i am in india, today morning i updated the software , after that my iphone 5s not responding and continuous blank screen :(

• Reply 13 of 14

Hi Ravi Kiran

I have the same situation....its not responding....what did you do?

• Reply 14 of 14

visited apple service center, they did a factory reset... phone back to normal :)