Samsung argues Apple injunction bid meant to 'create fear and uncertainty' for carriers, retailers

Comments

• Reply 41 of 80
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

All Samsung knows is copying, they copied Motorola, they copied Nokia, they copied Palm, they copied Blackberry, their big mistake was copying Apple, finally a company had the balls to stand up to Samsung's sleazy, thieving ways.

And they are also being sued for copying Dyson vacuum cleaners.

• Reply 42 of 80

Lol the troll ds423ce doesn't get it.. Trolling wont help..

Laughs at his pitty attempts to make this a racial thing ! FO Dude !

About time, he got banned from here...

• Reply 43 of 80

Just as a side note, well before all the Samsung products that copied a lot of Apple products, I actually purchased a Samsung Plasma TV to connect to my Mac mini.

Within 1 week it displayed the dreaded "ghosting" when watching DVDs (from a Samsung player)

It took Samsung 6 months to send someone out to repair it (only after several phone calls from me, trying to find out when it would be fixed) and they send out someone who replaced every part within the screen, only to have the same problem exist. The repair man said he would escalate the problem to Samsung, nothing happened - after even more phone calls, they sent the same guy back again, 2 weeks after he promised to escalate the problem only for him to tell me "there's nothing wrong with it"... really? Not only did I show him the problem AGAIN, but I quickly pointed out that only two weeks earlier, he said he would escalate the problem to Samsung. I kicked him out the door, rang Samsung. Nothing happened. Another week or two went by, a rep from Samsung rang me and I told them all about it. By this stage, I had also spoken to the store I purchased it from, luckily, they swapped it for a different brand. 

Sumsung dropped it completely, care factor = not even zero, it's below zero, heading into hell freezing over territory. Absolutely crap service. Got a replacement TV, got rid of the Samsung DVD player... but thing I have ever done.

Mark my words, their service will be their downfall. The only thing saving them at the moment is the fact that they supply the components for a lot of other vendors.

• Reply 44 of 80
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member
    nikilok wrote: »
    Lol the troll ds423ce doesn't get it.. Trolling wont help..
    Laughs at his pitty attempts to make this a racial thing ! FO Dude !

I don't think it's a troll. Looks to me like a very poor astroturfer but, for once, the real thing. Quite pathetic. Report but don't respond.
  • Reply 45 of 80
    Originally Posted by GTR View Post

I mean, white headphones! Who the hell could have thought of that!:

I hadn’t seen these yet. :mad::no:

It almost makes me want North Korea to level Seocho-gu… with people inside. Almost.

Originally Posted by nikilok View Post

I’d’ve done it by now, but…

• Reply 46 of 80
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ds423ce View Post

Apple's new logo?

Samsung's new logo?

• Reply 47 of 80
    Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

I don't think it's a troll. Looks to me like a very poor astroturfer but, for once, the real thing. Quite pathetic. Report but don't respond.

I agree. That's exactly what I did. I saw his first post and hit the red flag.

• Reply 48 of 80
    It is about time that Apple has a definitive win in this ungoing saga. They deserve it.
  • Reply 49 of 80

Samsung argues Apple injunction bid meant to 'create fear and uncertainty' for carriers, retailers

I made the joke earlier; I’ll make the post now.

They SHOULD be afraid. Their futures SHOULD be uncertain.

This should keep them up at nights. This should make them kick themselves. They should be punished for hitching their wagon to the papier-mâché star. This is what happens when you support theft.

• Reply 50 of 80
    comleycomley Posts: 139member
    ds423ce wrote: »
    No, the general idea is that Apple must be shielded from competition, especially foreign competition.

But why even have these laughable kangaroo court cases? 

It is a forgone conclusion that all US kangaroo courts will do as Apple demands.

And if a judge has the audacity to rule against the patent trolling fruit company, Obama will quickly come to the rescue. 
    Comley said this .

i'm not a hacker!

Peyton laws are there to protect the person or companies Who innovate !innovation has a higher cost this is why The first piracy copying is The preferred method ! It is okay for other people to steal from other people but not from you ! Do you purchased pirated DVDs ?
    Obviously I support Apple
  • Reply 51 of 80
    comleycomley Posts: 139member
    Originally Posted by StruckPaper
    Sorry I don't know what happened
  • Reply 52 of 80
    Originally Posted by comley View Post

Sorry I don't know what happened

Huddler happened; no worries.

• Reply 53 of 80
    jkichlinejkichline Posts: 1,369member

As my mother would have said... "I guess you should have thought about that before you INSERT WHAT EVER BAD THING YOU DID HERE. Now go to your room and think about what you've done!"

Yeah, something like that.  Seriously, these companies needs to live with the consequences of their actions.

• Reply 54 of 80
    jkichlinejkichline Posts: 1,369member

I believe Apple has innovated plenty in the past few decades. Industries it has created ought to be thanking them. Everyone else has, for the most part, rode on their trail of success. Yes, I can point to several examples... The PC, Windows, iPod, iPhone, iPad...

The truth is that innovation is in Apple's DNA.  While they do invent, they innovate on things that have already existed... they just do it better. This is NOT the same as copying which is what Samsung does. You can take a look at an iPod and realize that it does not do "MP3 Player" the way everyone else has. It does it differently, and it was successful. Sure it may look like a radio that was created by Braun or someone 30 years earlier, but it's a new and different item. MP3 players existed before the iPod, but the iPod made it easy to use and cool. That coupled with iTunes made acquiring music in the digital age easy and legal. This disrupted an entire industry and arguably saved the recording industry from piracy. Now a lot of this technology existed before. Apple assembled it all in a way that was successful and then companies try to copy it.

This is what we see time and again with Apple. Because they are the first mover, they take a lot of flack for some things like removing disc drives from all their computers or no user-replaceable parts. But soon enough the entire industry will find this is the direction they need to go to be relevant and they will go that direction. In and of itself, that's not bad... but then there's Samsung who blatantly copies what comes from Apple.

Take a look at the latest S4 and the operating system. It is a complete and shameless knockoff of iOS 7 and iOS 7 was released first. Samsung shamelessly copies Apple and then doesn't want to reap the consequences.

So please, just stop with that "if you can't innovate" line. It's a crock of shite. Apple is using due diligence in protecting their intellectual property and will and should continue to do so. It has nothing to do with the level of innovation coming from them. Apple is still innovating more than any company on the planet and I can't wait for March when the next market disrupter is announced and all your precious companies start scrambling for their copying machines.

• Reply 55 of 80
    Quote:

Apple's new logo?

Maybe a little harsh, but essentially correct.

Apple is clearly the "whitest" company with the lowest percentage of non-whites, non-foreigners in their design and managements staffs.

Indeed, those who can't innovate, litigate.

• Reply 56 of 80

You've already reported this item. Thanks for helping to make our community better.

• Reply 57 of 80
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

It almost makes me want North Korea to level Seocho-gu… with people inside. Almost.

Wow... who needs Al-Qaeda when we have militant Apple-tards.

• Reply 58 of 80
    Quote:

The more AAPL drops, the more Apple loses market-share, the more aggressive Apple will "compete" via lawsuits.

After all, as the saying goes, those who can't innovate, litigate.

Samsung is toast and they know it.

Samsung will soon be copying and fighting the smaller Asian device makers for scrap.

As shameless a copycat as Samsung is, it is becoming more difficult for them to copy Apple's latest innovations.  (They keep trying)

Many of Apple's new innovations are broad and large scale and highly technical in software and hardware.  Samsung can not keep up.

Samsung must still be held responsible for damages caused by violating Apple's IP and copying.

An injunction on their infringing devices may finally make Samsung stop their copycat practices.  

• Reply 59 of 80
    YES!
    SAMESCUM Troll Be Gone... I had a can of spray for that somewhere...
  • Reply 60 of 80
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Apple: Your honor, we object! There’s doubt, too!

+1 :)