Apple's Super Bowl past, present, and future

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28

Nah, they’re not going back.

You're right... What event am I thinking of where they usually announce the new iOS? WWDC?
  • Reply 22 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Screen goes black, cello and piano music like their professional product commercials. Cycling between partially lit edges of a square product.

“This will be the last Super Bowl you watch.” 

“Because the next one… you’ll experience.”

The new Apple TV.

Coming Soon.

?

Keep dreaming.  The Apple-branded TV is vaporware.  This rumor site has been beating that one to death.  Notice no one ever talks about it anymore?  Most would prefer to have a TV be a monitor only and connect external components.  If one goes bad or needs upgrading, you don't have to toss the TV because of a built-in outdated feature.  The rumors were also claiming the TV would only be in the 40s range for size, and that is much too small for a real home theater.  It's as bad as the iWatch rumor.  People prefer the $99 box to add around the house to their existing TVs, not spending thousands to replace their existing TVs.

• Reply 23 of 28
    Originally Posted by justp1ayin View Post

You're right... What event am I thinking of where they usually announce the new iOS? WWDC?

They hold their own in the spring to talk about the betas, generally.

Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

Keep dreaming.  The Apple-branded TV is vaporware.

That would be why I said absolutely nothing whatsoever about a television and explicitly said “square product” to state that it would continue to be a box.

• Reply 24 of 28
    So, was there any ad?
  • Reply 25 of 28
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Drunkzombie View Post

So, was there any ad?

I have no clue, I was either using the bathroom or taking a nap.  That was the most boring Super Bowl game ever. 

• Reply 26 of 28

There was a fairly average iPad Air commercial during the post-game blather.

• Reply 27 of 28

It was a wonderful walk through this post such discussion forums and very helpful in effectively sending messages easily to the needy people.