Apple issues OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks beta build to developers

Posted:
in macOS edited February 2014
Apple late Thursday seeded the fourth OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks beta to developers with minor changes and continued focus on Mail, Messages and VPN services.

Mavericks

The latest Mavericks beta build 13C48 comes one weeks after Apple released the third beta version of the upcoming OS X 10.9.2 maintenance update to developers in mid-January.

According to the accompanying release notes, Apple is still focusing on Mail and Messages, two built-in features that have caused problems for many users since Mavericks first launched in October. Those affected have complained of Gmail compatibility issues and erratic Smart Mailbox behavior.

In addition to Mail and Messages, Apple requests developers test server message block (SMB2), graphics drivers, VoiceOver and VPN services. Apple switched from AFP file sharing to SMB2 with Mavericks in an effort to enhance performance, security and cross-platform compatibility.

Developers can download the new build via Software Update or Apple's developer Web portal.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    wozwozwozwoz Posts: 263member
    Are they going to fix the user-interface PHAIL in Calendar? For starters, ... putting the vertical line separators back in Month view, so we can actually see what day we are entering our details into? And maybe providing some skins, so we can choose the look and feel, rather than having someone else's idea of 'design' imposed on us. Because, from a visual user-interface view, this is the worst version of Calendar (iCal) EVER.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    please fix the issues with multiple monitors' settings not 'sticking' after a restart...
  • Reply 3 of 13
    I've been having a lot of GPU kernel panics. Hope this fixes it!
  • Reply 4 of 13
    wozwoz wrote: »
    Are they going to fix the user-interface PHAIL in Calendar? For starters, ... putting the vertical line separators back in Month view, so we can actually see what day we are entering our details into? And maybe providing some skins, so we can choose the look and feel, rather than having someone else's idea of 'design' imposed on us. Because, from a visual user-interface view, this is the worst version of Calendar (iCal) EVER.

Skins, ha! Skins.

I actually prefer the new UI. Just takes some getting used to. Better to take advantage of inertia scrolling rather than flipping pages back and forth.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    eluardeluard Posts: 319member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by studentx View Post

I've been having a lot of GPU kernel panics. Hope this fixes it!

You aren't the only one friend. I'm hoping they nail this in this update, because 9.3 may be some way off.

• Reply 6 of 13
    Quote:

Originally Posted by vaporland View Post

please fix the issues with multiple monitors' settings not 'sticking' after a restart...

I've had issues with other settings not 'sticking, after I have set them ... such as ... in the Finder ... the Get Info -->  "Prevent App Nap" option.  Had to set that twice. Some options I set in System Preferences -> Networking also took two goes to make them stick. Peculiar.

• Reply 7 of 13
    wozwoz wrote: »

I see them when I am in month view. Odd.

I am hoping the battery issues get fixed. My battery seems to last ok, but the indicator is all wonky and inconsistent.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wozwoz View Post

The only thing that gets me in calendar is that I keep looking for forward and backward button to move through the days/weeks/months.  Its hard to unlearn that muscle memory.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eluard View Post

You aren't the only one friend. I'm hoping they nail this in this update, because 9.3 may be some way off.

This is a concern of mine.  Here we are at the start of February and we're waiting for the X.X.2 release to address some fairly important issues.  Some time ago Apple announced they were on the 1 OS revision a year plan, but how successful can you be on this self forced schedule.  This is the same company that dropped out of Mac World because they didn't want to be locked in to a set schedule on anything.  I'd be fine with a 1.5 year cycle or even longer if it meant a more stable release version.  Don't even get me started on how bad Server is right now...

• Reply 9 of 13
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member

I hope they fix...

Get real and read what they are asking developers to look at, and it’s not your favorite alleged bug or missing feature. Oh, and by the way, counting posts on the Apple discussions forums does not mean it’s a bug either.

• Reply 10 of 13
    evilutionevilution Posts: 1,399member
    It'd be mighty fine of them if they would fix gestures in Finder. Navigating through folders without the old 2 or 3 finger swipe is annoying after years of being able to do it.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wozwoz View Post

Amen brother.  And it's not just Calendar.  Goofy designer stuff has crept into lots of other areas of Mavericks, Numbers, and Pages.  About time we send the "designer" back to designing the aluminum case and get a UI guy to head up the team.  

• Reply 12 of 13
    Quote:

Originally Posted by starbird73 View Post

re; vertical lines separating week days in Calendar MONTH view

I see them when I am in month view. Odd.

Are you using Calendar 7.0 in Mavericks ... or an earlier version?

• Reply 13 of 13

Yes, 10.9.1. They are there, a bit faint, so could see wanting the contrast a bit better. Or maybe I am not thinking the same as you.