Free Download Red Alert for the Mac!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited June 2014
Everyone knows C&C Red Alert and that it has been made freely available for Windows. Now i ported this great game for you to the Mac. So now play this game with just a dubbleclick! No cd's required!

http://www.paulthetall.com/page39/page49/page49.html

@moderator

I made a seperate post of this one because in my opinion this one mayor news! And it is not a video instruction but a download. So i hope it is ok with you guys that i made a separate post for this one to reach as much people as possible with this awsome achievement.

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by paulthetall View Post

Everyone knows C&C Red Alert and that it has been made freely available for Windows. Now i ported this great game for you to the Mac. So now play this game with just a dubbleclick! No cd's required!

@moderator

I made a seperate post of this one because in my opinion this one mayor news! And it is not a video instruction but a download. So i hope it is ok with you guys that i made a separate post for this one to reach as much people as possible with this awsome achievement.

Thanks!

I always get goose bumps when someone describes what they've done themselves as an "awsome achievement".
  • Reply 2 of 12
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Is this at all legal?
  • Reply 3 of 12
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Is this at all legal?

I think it's ok, EA have made the Windows version free and still host it:

http://forums.commandandconquer.com/...list/6967.page

So you can currently download the full Windows version, use a porting guide and you get the same result as above but it's just been done for you.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    Not exactly:

Quote:

Known issues:

Mousescroll is at default fast. To fix that rightclick the icon/game --> show package content --> navigate to red alert folder (C\ program Files\\etc..) --> open the ddraw.ini --> change resolution to your screen resolution of your Mac --> Now open the winskin settings (Red wineskin box) --> change screensettings to the values you changed the ddraw.ini file --> Now play the game again, it should be now much better

Can't you include a script that does that, Paul?
  • Reply 5 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rokcet Scientist View Post

Not exactly:

Can't you include a script that does that, Paul?

Found out that scrollspeed is so fast because of the resolution. You have to change that in the same inifile, but then change the resolution to your native resolution. And because everyone has a different resolution (well there are a few possible) you have to do that little effort yourself. Have fun!
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

I think it's ok, EA have made the Windows version free and still host it:

http://forums.commandandconquer.com/...list/6967.page

So you can currently download the full Windows version, use a porting guide and you get the same result as above but it's just been done for you.

Yes its legal
  • Reply 7 of 12

I know I'm really late and all...but the link isn't working. Any way I can find a working link?

Thanks!

• Reply 8 of 12
    Quote:

Originally Posted by paulthetall View Post

@moderator

Thanks!

I know I'm really late and everything...but the link isn't working. Any way someone can direct me to a working link? Thanks!

• Reply 9 of 12

Simply go to paulthetall.com and then game ports --> strategy --> red alert

• Reply 10 of 12

thanks for sharing it, this is what I am looking for

• Reply 11 of 12
    Thanks. Question though: this is downloading the "wrapper" right? As I understand it, this is a program that makes Red Alert play-able on the Mac? Does this mean I have to purchase my own copy of Red Alert, and then use this wrapper program to be able to play it on my Mac?

Sorry and thanks so much.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    ferreferre Posts: 1member

Hey Paul, 

I've been playing red alert with great joy on my macbook (boy, does it take me back!) But I've stumbled upon a problem, level 11 (I think) the one where you play as the allied forces, and have infiltrated the tech centre to neutralize the atomic bombs with the help of a couple of engineers and a handful of soldiers, apparently Tanja comes in too..

The level has a timer of 1:30 minutes, whereas the original version is 30 minutes or so. Can I modify it somewhere? Or am I dead in the water?

Thx,

Ferre