Apple seeds fifth OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks beta to developers

Posted:
in macOS edited March 2014
Continuing with its weekly release schedule, Apple on Thursday seeded the fifth beta of OS X Mavericks 10.9.2 to developers with no significant changes.

13C53

Apple's latest 13C53 build comes one week after the fourth beta version of the upcoming maintenance update was released earlier this month.

As with the last build, Apple asks developers to concentrate on SMB2, Mail, Messages, Graphics Drivers, VoiceOver and VPN. Mail and Messages have been seeing trouble since Mavericks first launched in October, with affected users complaining of Gmail compatibility issues and suboptimal Smart Mailbox behavior.

Developers can download the latest Mavericks beta via Software Update or Apple's developer portal.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    I sure hope there are some graphics updates so that the Sapphire HD 7950 Mac Edition card will finally work 100%. I'm really sick and tired of all the glitches and tearing, and the fact that Sapphire has not released anything for this card since 2013. Sapphire? More like SandCorn..
  • Reply 2 of 13
    mcarlingmcarling Posts: 1,106member

I hope this finally supports scalable resolutions, including HiDPI, on external 4K displays.  Has anyone here tried?

• Reply 3 of 13
    successsuccess Posts: 1,040member
    So close to OS XI :)

I wonder what it's going to look like.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    evilutionevilution Posts: 1,399member
    success wrote: »
    So close to OS XI :)

They'll never do OS XI, the next one will just be OS X 10.10.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Oh no. 10.11,12,13 and so on? They can't do it forever! 10.111?

Maybe OSX -> iOS I guess in the far future.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    wingswings Posts: 261member
    I'd be happy if 10.9.2 just fixed some of the bugs that are bugging me.

Like, can't scroll in some pdfs with Preview.

Remove the game "Whack-A-Mole" from the Finder. You play this one by having some process add files or update files in a window, then try selecting something while that is going on. This started with Lion.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    sandorsandor Posts: 654member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wings View Post

Remove the game "Whack-A-Mole" from the Finder. You play this one by having some process add files or update files in a window, then try selecting something while that is going on. This started with Lion.

agree 100%

there are quite a number of inadequacies in the finder, and as someone who has to work in multiple network volumes, creating hundreds of new files and folders every day, these little glitches can get tiresome.

• Reply 8 of 13

I hope to Odin that they change the power button behaviour back. Really sick of this crap. (If you don't have a rMBP or Air where the keyboard has the power button right in it, you don't know the pain).

• Reply 9 of 13
    Originally Posted by Evilution View Post

Of course they will. You honestly think they’re not about to drop the mouse and keyboard? OS XI for the touchscreen set.

• Reply 10 of 13
    I've never anticipated an incremental OSX update as much as this one. I am one of many users who are having audio issues. Early indications (from folks who have downloaded and installed the previous betas) are that 10.9.2 will indeed fix the audio issues, but until it is released officially, no one really knows for sure.

Whether I return/exchange my late 2013 iMac is dependent on this update.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by success View Post

So close to OS XI image

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Evilution View Post

You are correct.  Steve Jobs said in the 2005 WWDC keynote that OS X set up Apple for the next twenty years.  It is funny when fanbois can't comprehend that 10 follows 9.  The fanbois got their panties in a bundle when OS X Tiger went from 10.4.9 to 10.4.10 and 10.4.11.  They insisted that 10.5 followed 10.4.9.

• Reply 12 of 13
    Oh so just because I wear panties I'm a fanboi?
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Originally Posted by success View Post

Oh so just because I wear panties I'm a fanboi?

Sounds more like you’d be a fangirl.