Apple's iPad takes 91.4% share of enterprise tablets; iOS takes 73% share overall

Posted:
in iPad edited June 2014
Enterprise mobile services vendor Good Technology reported that Apple's iPad accounted for more than 91 percent of enterprise tablet deployments, while iPhone represented 54 percent of smartphones activated by the more than 2,000 companies using its services in the fourth quarter, giving iOS an overall 73 percent share of mobile devices in the enterprise.

Good Enterprise iPad 2014

Good provides push messaging, device management and security products for corporate mobile users, serving as an alternative to RIM's BlackBerry Enterprise Server. As such, Good supports mobile platforms outside of RIM's own, including Microsoft's Windows Mobile, iOS and Android.

"we continued to see an increase in iOS activations this quarter," Good's report stated, "which we can attribute to two new iPhone models coming to market just before the start of the quarter. The overall number of device activations has increased 34 percent from Q1 to Q4 of this year, indicating strong, continued growth and adoption of the Good Secure Mobility Solution.

"As many organizations are migrating away from BlackBerry to meet end user demand and embrace newer platforms like iOS and Android, they are deploying Good's cross-platform solution to secure both their data and devices."

Good Enterprise iOS 2014

Good noted that total enterprise app activations grew by 54 percent over the previous quarter, an increase over previous quarterly growth rates of 43 percent. Deployment of custom developed apps grew at a rate of 55 percent.

That rapid growth in mobile application use by companies primarily benefitted Apple and its iOS platform, as Good reported "iOS devices claimed the top ten spots for most popular devices among users."

In contrast, "Android's share of activations continued to decrease quarter over quarter at 26 percent," while "Windows Phone activations remained steady at one percent of total device activations in both quarters."

Comments

• Reply 1 of 40

Yada yada, “worthless for business”, yada yada “not being used”…

Can we agree to ban anyone who says that from now on?

• Reply 2 of 40
    Just more proof that Android is the product for everyone who does not speed money. Google should be so happy they ship more free products which does not allow them to capitalize on any ad revenue which they use to pay their bills.

I wonder if Google does the same thing as Facebook to drive up ad revenues

[VIDEO]
  • Reply 3 of 40
    Whole Foods illustrated yesterday that companies/enterprises are selecting Apple/IOS - iPads, phones.

My 2 businesses are all IOS.

Businesses IOS - bolstered by INCREDIBLE APPLE SERVICE FOR BUSINESSES (JOINT VENTURE @ APPLE IS BEST BUY ON EARTH - CONCIERGE SERVICE/REASONABLE).

Youth are IOS - Schools IOS

Only one on earth it seems going with Android are those who like large crpy phone - who think big is good no matter how crummy the view/ecosystem are (Donald - that is you). And on that point I expect there will be large IPHONE - quality image like present - by september.

With Business growing - (w Blackberry out) - and the smart youth buying Apple - Apple usage in business / enterprise is set to explode shortly as new/looking forward companies like Whole Foods, Starbucks et al embrace.

Stock will be busting through old highs by about July. 600s within 1-2 months as investors wake up - and Apple continues to buy back stock on the cheap as products start coming out within a couple months
  • Reply 4 of 40
    Quote:

Apple's iPad takes 91.4% share of enterprise tablets; iOS takes 73% share overal

That's all well and fine, but analysts want 200%.

That's impossible, of course. But until Apple complies, $GOOG can do no wrong  - despite its shrinking margins, $15b loss on Motorola, the revelation that Microsoft is making more money of of Android than Google itself, etc.

• Reply 5 of 40
    Now if only people could actually read and edit documents on a 4" like they can on a 5" screen...
  • Reply 6 of 40
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cherrypop View Post

That's all well and fine, but analysts want 200%. That's impossible, of course, but until Apple complies $GOOG can do no wrong and $AMZN's P/E is within guidance.

This is why I liked Carl's move - Apple is enlightened that its stock price was a steal - it literally "stole" it from the masses who were stupid enough to listen to CNBC/Samsung/NY Times Garbage.

Shocking that the masses continue to believe that whatever is stated as "fact" buy NY Times, CNN, CNBC, Samsung - must be true.  

• Reply 7 of 40
    Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

Now if only people could actually read and edit documents on a 4" like they can on a 5" screen...

Phones? For business? Not since the tablet revolution.

• Reply 8 of 40
    Quote:

I am 56 and have no problem.   Perhaps most of those complaining about the size simply don't have any education and think "big is good" … like 32 ounce Coke, 400 pound body, big mac with extra sauce?

Are they blaming their inability to spell on a small screen?  I don't seem to have an issue.  

When I am reading something, simple to expand it  My wife changes the type size on her email - anyone with a brain can do that.   

When Apple comes out with a big screen phone, I will continue w/ my regular iPhone size like now( easy/companct), and have my mini for client/reading et al - 

Perhaps bigger phone will bring in more individuals who have little $$ who want an "all one" device … and really are just using the phone for gossip and entertainment, not work where you need an iPad

• Reply 9 of 40
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Phones? For business? Not since the tablet revolution.

Agree w/ you - phone + tablet is what businesses do - not one - that is the poor teenager approach (or someone on fixed income/no income - broke and they are looking for all in 1)

• Reply 10 of 40

This makes it sound like Apple is finally the new IBM!  It used to be that computers at work were all "IBM compatible".  Now, they have to be an iPad. 

• Reply 11 of 40
    Originally Posted by SudoNym View Post

This makes it sound like Apple is finally the new IBM!  It used to be that computers at work were all "IBM compatible".  Now, they have to be an iPad. 

But if anything is the antithesis of IBM’s hardware and software, it’s Apple’s.

• Reply 12 of 40
    Quote:

Yada yada, “worthless for business”, yada yada “not being used”…

Can we agree to ban anyone who says that from now on?

I sure hope not.  Banning dissenting opinions is a terrible idea.  

• Reply 13 of 40
    Quote:

They can.  

• Reply 14 of 40
    Originally Posted by starxd View Post

Banning dissenting opinions is a terrible idea.  

Banning lies isn’t. Be quiet.

• Reply 15 of 40
    Huh.... Windows (phone) is a rounding error.
  • Reply 16 of 40
    Carl Icahn speaks about Apple in 60 seconds on fox business
  • Reply 17 of 40
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuestateplanninglawyer View Post

Carl Icahn speaks about Apple in 60 seconds on fox business

I found relevance to only one noun in that sentence.

• Reply 18 of 40
    Quote:

Banning lies isn’t. Be quiet.

Not sure how they're lies.  There's still quite a bit of stuff that an iPad can't do in a business sense.  Last I heard it can't run Photoshop, AutoCAD, or VBA macros, etc.  And based on the stat presented, you have no idea what those companies that have activated iPads are using them for. They could just be used as a reader for all you know.
  • Reply 19 of 40
    Originally Posted by mistercow View Post

Not sure how they're lies.

Oh, aren’t you? You’re unsure how the statement, “No one in business uses an iPad,” is a lie, given:

Apple's iPad takes 91.4% share of enterprise tablets; iOS takes 73% share overall 

Now, do you want to state that again? :no::???: 

• Reply 20 of 40
    Quote:

Oh, aren’t you? You’re unsure how the statement, “No one in business uses an iPad,” is a lie, given:

Now, do you want to state that again? :no::???: 

Not sure who you're quoting since no one in this thread used that statement.  Second, when people say no one, it's generally understood as a superlative.  Third, when people refer to business, they generally refer to more than just word processing or using it as a reader, which the statistics presented have no evidence against or in support of.