124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 73
    Please just shut up.

I will not, especially since I'm right.
  • Reply 62 of 73
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

I will not, especially since I'm right.

You’re either too stupid or too vendettic to be able to draw a simple parallel.

You’re either too stupid or too vendettic to comprehend how a new contender in a field poses a threat to an old leader.

You’re either too stupid or too vendettic to understand that Google is a new contender in the field of robotics, of which Honda is an old leader.

You’re either too stupid or too vendettic to see how Apple has done the same thing three times in the last fourteen years and how that might relate to the topic at hand.

I’m not the only person on the face of the Earth capable of doing the mental processing required to understand how the two posts relate. I’m not the only person smart enough to come up with these conclusions that always seem to mystify you and only you. How can you consider yourself sapient–much less human–if you’re not able to follow a simple string of logic or correlation? I’m a worthless, pathetic whore who has failed at everything he has ever tried and failed everyone who has ever known him and I’m still smart enough to see these things that escape you. You are nothing more than a self-admitted psychopathic troll, purposely posting utter nonsense in reply to posts for no other reason than to explicitly ignore the content of said posts.

Please just shut up.

• Reply 63 of 73
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    You’re either too stupid or too vendettic to be able to draw a simple parallel.
    You’re either too stupid or too vendettic to comprehend how a new contender in a field poses a threat to an old leader.
    You’re either too stupid or too vendettic to understand that Google is a new contender in the field of robotics, of which Honda is an old leader.
    You’re either too stupid or too vendettic to see how Apple has done the same thing three times in the last fourteen years and how that might relate to the topic at hand.

I’m not the only person on the face of the Earth capable of doing the mental processing required to understand how the two posts relate. I’m not the only person smart enough to come up with these conclusions that always seem to mystify you and only you. How can you consider yourself sapient–much less human–if you’re not able to follow a simple string of logic or correlation? I’m a worthless, pathetic whore who has failed at everything he has ever tried and failed everyone who has ever known him and I’m still smart enough to see these things that escape you. You are nothing more than a self-admitted psychopathic troll, purposely posting utter nonsense in reply to posts for no other reason than to explicitly ignore the content of said posts.

Please just shut up.

Oh so you were defending Google.
  • Reply 64 of 73
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Oh so you were defending Google.

No.

• Reply 65 of 73
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    No.

I apologize that I didn't understand what you meant. While Apple has been able to beat out incumbent companies with many years of experience, they're the exception and not the norm.
  • Reply 66 of 73
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    To be fair, cutting labor costs internally will result in Apple money on this technology too. There's a valid strategy in developing a process to hold an edge over your competition.

Google (maybe) will essentially be enabling others to compete more efficiently with Apple.

Yep, of course Apple makes money because of their robotic technology saving them money, but not by selling it yet, to the best of my knowledge ... and yes of course Google will be copying everything Apple develops and selling (or giving) it to anyone that competes with Apple. That's par for the course.
  • Reply 67 of 73
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    Why should Sony be worried about Apple? They have decades of lead experience in the music player field.
    Why should Research in Motion be worried about Apple? They have decades of lead experience in the phone field.
    <span style="line-height:1.4em;">Why should IBM be worried about Apple? They have decades of lead experience in the tablet field.</span>

'The Nightmare Trifecta' LOL
  • Reply 68 of 73
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

It’s a spambot. Just report.

I knew that. I should have just reported but somehow replying to a spambot on the issue of whether robots would take over from people was more beautiful :)

• Reply 69 of 73
    Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Yep, of course Apple makes money because of their robotic technology saving them money, but not by selling it yet, to the best of my knowledge ... and yes of course Google will be copying everything Apple develops and selling (or giving) it to anyone that competes with Apple. That's par for the course.

That's a pretty tired argument. Get over it. When you build a market of nothing but premium products, it's just a matter of time before competition comes up from below, doing the same stuff but cheaper. Apple is nimble and innovative, and they'll have another next big thing soon enough.

Neither company is going away for a while. I don't understand the polarization in either direction, as it seems to be a frustrating emotional investment. I guess it could be a monetary investment though, so lobbying for the cause is expected.

• Reply 70 of 73
    That's a pretty tired argument. Get over it. When you build a market of nothing but premium products, it's just a matter of time before competition comes up from below, doing the same stuff but cheaper. Apple is nimble and innovative, and they'll have another next big thing soon enough.

This is where patents come in.
  • Reply 71 of 73
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

This is where patents come in.

And how's that working out? Seems the latest version of Android still has all the goodies.

• Reply 72 of 73
    quite the picture being painted here...

people are the problem? yes! they're expensive and troublesome.
    ok! replace them with robots.

what? those people still need income? yes!
    ok! provide them with low-paying service jobs.

what? they want more than a minimum wage? yes! see? expensive and troublesome...
    ok! build robots to do the service jobs.

what? those people are unemployed again? and they're living off meager "free" support benefits?
    slackers! cut 'em off!

sound familiar? yep...
  • Reply 73 of 73
    And how's that working out? Seems the latest version of Android still has all the goodies.

And Google has already seen the looming problem. Their response thus far has been a series of massive purchases in an attempt to stave off obsolescence.