Rovio's 'Angry Birds Stella' to debut this fall with female protagonist

Posted:
in iPhone edited February 2014
Finnish game developers Rovio on Thursday unveiled Angry Birds Stella, a new entry in the Angry Birds franchise featuring the pink, female Stella character as the game's protagonist.

Angry Birds Stella

Thursday's announcement was light on details, with no firm release date -- the company said the game will bow "in the fall of this year" --?and only hinted at what the game mechanics may be. The new cast of characters will have to find "creative solutions" to deal with "serious issues," perhaps indicating that the game will be focused on puzzle solving rather than siege tactics.

In addition, Angry Birds Stella will be set in a new, as-yet-unseen part of the Angry Birds Universe. The company teased the game yesterday on Twitter, promising a "big adventure."

Rovio added that Angry Birds Stell would touch nearly every part of the now-massive Angry Birds product empire. It will include "games, animations, books, toys and other fun stuff," Rovio said.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    tylerk36tylerk36 Posts: 1,037member

Cant wait.  I have all the games.  They rock.  Stellaaaa!

• Reply 2 of 15
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    I must be a strange guy. I played AB for five minutes and was so bored I fell asleep. Trying to keep up with all the changes to Final Cut Pro X is far more entertaining to me ... :D
  • Reply 3 of 15
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    tylerk36 wrote: »
    Stellaaaa!

I coulda been a contender
  • Reply 4 of 15
    Was an alternative title A Slingshot Named Desire?

I must be a strange guy. I played AB for five minutes and was so bored I fell asleep. Trying to keep up with all the changes to Final Cut Pro X is far more entertaining to me ... :D

I played the original and finished every level with 3 stars. I've played some of the other ones and it's admittedly fin and clever some of the ideas they have, but I never finished those games. I think it's been a couple years since I last had it installed.

dasanman69 wrote: »
    I coulda been a contender

Was there a Stella in On The Waterfront?
  • Reply 5 of 15
  • Reply 6 of 15
    solipsismx wrote: »

I'm confusing my Brando movies lol, but someday and that day may never come I'm going call upon you for a service. :lol:
  • Reply 7 of 15
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    I'm confusing my Brando movies lol, but someday and that day may never come I'm going call upon you for a service. :lol:

My favorite Brando lines and perhaps one of top 10 favorite lines from The Wild One (1953).

GIRL
    What're you rebelling against, Johnny?

JOHNNY
    Whaddya got?
  • Reply 8 of 15
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    My favorite Brando lines and perhaps one of top 10 favorite lines from The Wild One (1953).

GIRL
    What're you rebelling against, Johnny?

JOHNNY
    Whaddya got?

We have a few posters here following that exact creed! :D
  • Reply 9 of 15
    We have a few posters here following that exact creed! :D

:lol: I agree, the best is when 2 posters are in agreement and don't realize it.
  • Reply 10 of 15

I've never gotten into the Angry Birds games, but it's great to have a female protagonist. Sad though that they chose such a stereotypical way to portray her (pink with large eyelashes). Ugh! At least they didn't give her lip(beak)stick and/or a bow on her head. 

• Reply 11 of 15
    Hey , Stella!

/
    /
    /
  • Reply 12 of 15

Stella has been integrated into the games via update for a while now and is in the latest one where you race the go carts. 

• Reply 13 of 15
    So, it really should be called "Angry Chicks"?
  • Reply 14 of 15

I thought they were all females and the pigs were males.

I thought it was a subtle dig at the cliché of male chauvinism...

• Reply 15 of 15
    So, it really should be called "Angry Chicks"?

:)