Apple seeds latest OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks beta to developers

Posted:
in macOS edited February 2014
As part of its weekly beta update schedule, Apple on Monday seeded the seventh OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks beta to developers.

Mavericks

The latest beta build 13C62 brings no substantial changes compared to the previous release, say sources familiar with the upcoming maintenance update. As with the last four versions, Apple asks developers to focus on Mail, Messages and Graphics Drivers.

From the last build, detailed focus areas include Mail, Messages, Graphics Drivers, VoiceOver, VPN and SMB2. Mavericks' messaging functions, especially Mail, have been the source of consternation since the OS first launched in October. Users have complained of spotty Gmail compatibility and erratic Smart Mailbox behavior even after a subsequent standalone patch was released. The problem was supposedly addressed in the OS X 10.9.1 update, but issues still exist.

Developers can download the latest version of the upcoming Mavericks maintenance update via Software Update or Apple's developer portal.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Any day now...
  • Reply 2 of 7
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member

I'm waiting on public release for this one...can anyone confirm if this DOES fix or at least improve Mail fetching issues?

With 5 email accounts, 4 of which being work accounts, I had to switch over to Airmail.app because Mail.app was giving me way too frequent problems with fetching mail.

For that matter, I've discovered that Airmail does a better job of fetching Exchange email than Mail.app ever has on a good day. It is almost like Push. Not quite, but almost. My iPhone will still buzz with every message first, but usually only a few seconds before Airmail. Its a great app. It does have enough pitfalls, however, that I desperately want Mail.app back....but it has to be working properly.

• Reply 3 of 7
    nMP user here since Jan 12th. 6-core 16gb ram D700. Just did a quick test and haven't noticed any graphics changes yet when it comes to performance. I did a quick filters testing in Aperture, and OneOne effects with pretty much the same time performance as previously noted.

If there's anyone out there wondering how the nMP works with games (in case you play a bit in your spare time - no flaming please) then:
    Last Beta:
    OSX:
    Diablo 3 (all on ultra 1440p) = 80 fps.
    World of Warcraft (1080p, no 1440p setting for some reason under OSX, ultra settings) = fps 40-80 depending on the area
    Windows 8.1 Bootcamp:
    Diablo 3 1440p ultra settings - 230fps.
    World of Warcraft 1440p Ultra: 60-140fps

According to the newest Beta I've downloaded, i've noticed a slight decrease in overall fps in OSX with no change to Bootcamp. I still haven't installed the new bootcamp drivers yet that were released last week, but i'll do that tomorrow I guess.

I've had the nMP since about January 12th and I must say that I've previously noticed huge leaps in performance from one update to the next. This last gfx update hasn't really come with much. This is just after about 50min of testing, so I can come with some more info 2mor when I have more time to test it out.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    maltzmaltz Posts: 454member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pmz View Post

I'm waiting on public release for this one...can anyone confirm if this DOES fix or at least improve Mail fetching issues?

Not without violating their NDA.  But I've certainly got my fingers crossed...

• Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypnomidate View Post

nMP user here since Jan 12th. 6-core 16gb ram D700. Just did a quick test and haven't noticed any graphics changes yet when it comes to performance. I did a quick filters testing in Aperture, and OneOne effects with pretty much the same time performance as previously noted.

If there's anyone out there wondering how the nMP works with games (in case you play a bit in your spare time - no flaming please) then:

Last Beta:

OSX:

Diablo 3 (all on ultra 1440p) = 80 fps.

World of Warcraft (1080p, no 1440p setting for some reason under OSX, ultra settings) = fps 40-80 depending on the area

Windows 8.1 Bootcamp:

Diablo 3 1440p ultra settings - 230fps.

World of Warcraft 1440p Ultra: 60-140fps

According to the newest Beta I've downloaded, i've noticed a slight decrease in overall fps in OSX with no change to Bootcamp. I still haven't installed the new bootcamp drivers yet that were released last week, but i'll do that tomorrow I guess.

I've had the nMP since about January 12th and I must say that I've previously noticed huge leaps in performance from one update to the next. This last gfx update hasn't really come with much. This is just after about 50min of testing, so I can come with some more info 2mor when I have more time to test it out.

Find some other short cut for New Mac Pro (nMP): that one is just crap.

• Reply 6 of 7
    just freaking release it already...
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Call it the black bin from TRON. Hahahaheeeeeuuuuuwwwwww

Apple!

TRIM support for third party ssd

Apple!

Apple!

You can and you will do it!

You can and you will do it!