Steve Jobs to be commemorated with collectible USPS stamp in 2015

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Disturbia View Post

Correction: With the exception of losers at google and samsung, the whole world has accepted the important of Steve Jobs.

where's your evidence that they don't accept him as important?

you come across as a whining insecure fanboy, steve jobs didn't like whiners, and that IS on record

• Reply 22 of 28
    haarhaar Posts: 563member
    when quoting trolls, use the spoiler html tag...
    Spoiler:
    [code]
    Spoiler:
    ...and it ends like... lol
    [/code]
    that way the troll will not automatically see their post... (or just don't respond... but that can be hard because some of these trolls make your blood boil!...)

on topic... will apple buy a truck load of these stamps (the self-stick kind) so when they have to sent out offfers of employment etc...(or special "routine stuff ) use the stamp, instead of a postal machine... yes it would increase the time required to mail a letter, if you have hundreds to do...
  • Reply 23 of 28
    Originally Posted by haar View Post

when quoting trolls, use the spoiler html tag…that way the troll will not automatically see their post... (or just don't respond... but that can be hard because some of these trolls make your blood boil!...)

Ooh, I like that idea. As good a stopgap as we have until the Huddler team figures out how to do Coventry like in vBulletin.

• Reply 24 of 28
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,654member

While one could make the argument that Steve wouldn't like a stamp because just about everything Apple did was to replace paper snail-mail, I like the idea because I think children need heroes other than athletes and badly behaving music stars and actors.

It's makes a statement that, "this guy was important".   

I wonder how many couples would use a Steve Jobs stamp to send their wedding invitations.   

I hope this is a commemorative, where you can buy plate blocks, rather than just a plain-old single stamp sold on sheets. 

• Reply 25 of 28
    Originally Posted by zoetmb View Post

…I think children need heroes other than athletes and badly behaving music stars and actors.

Darn tootin’.

I wonder how many couples would use a Steve Jobs stamp to send their wedding invitations.   

Black leather envelopes, anodized aluminum invitation cards…

I hope this is a commemorative, where you can buy plate blocks, rather than just a plain-old single stamp sold on sheets. 

Well, let’s see. The title says commemorated” and the image says “collectable”. I hope it’s one of those oversized stamps. :p 

• Reply 26 of 28
    comleycomley Posts: 139member
    jupiterone wrote: »
    I'd expect ALL stamps to be collectors items in 50 years.
    I've never done it, but I'd expect you could just order them from www.usps.com
    thank you very much
  • Reply 27 of 28
    droidftwdroidftw Posts: 1,009member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by haar View Post

when quoting trolls, use the spoiler html tag...

Quoting someone often means you're replying to them.  I find it best to just ignore trolls instead of feeding them.

• Reply 28 of 28
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member

Time to get ready to make a custom stamp pen...