Amazon aiming to take on Apple TV with March launch of new set-top box

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    mike54 wrote: »
    Totally agree. A sizeable market was virtually handed to Apple, but they did nothing. Missed out on a big opportunity. It was a no-brainer decision. 

Guess you missed the part where Apple doesn't own the content rights. They have to have permission and sometimes those folks don't want to play ball. So apple can't do something if they have no rights to the items
  • Reply 42 of 44

There have already been several media devices created to "challenge" Apple and Amazon's will just be another on the pile. I am curious to see where Apple takes the set-top box though, lots of rumors going on.

• Reply 43 of 44
    I'd buy one since ATV doesn't support it.
  • Reply 44 of 44
    mike54mike54 Posts: 347member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

Guess you missed the part where Apple doesn't own the content rights. They have to have permission and sometimes those folks don't want to play ball. So apple can't do something if they have no rights to the items

Unfortunately I didn't indicate that I was referring to an Apple TV App Store with support for peripherals. Contents deals and channels that seems to be getting the focus means absolutely nothing to anyone outside of the US.