Apple's failure to pay for favorable media coverage flies in the face of Samsung's payola

Comments

• Reply 141 of 316
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member

Whilst DED isn't a paid shill, he is an APPL shareholder. It is in his financial interest to write positively about Apple. That's why you shouldn't take anything he writes at face value.

Mainstream tech sites ban their journalists/bloggers from writing about organizations in which they have a financial interest. Obviously that's a bit harder at AI since the site is so clearly aimed at investors. A little more disclosure would be helpful though.

• Reply 142 of 316
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iMember View Post

Wow seriously you actually defending this?  

No.  See points 1, 2 and 3 above for why.

• Reply 143 of 316
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RichL View Post

Whilst DED isn't a paid shill, he is an APPL shareholder. It is in his financial interest to write positively about Apple. That's why you shouldn't take anything he writes at face value.

Mainstream tech sites ban their journalists/bloggers from writing about organizations in which they have a financial interest. Obviously that's a bit harder at AI since the site is so clearly aimed at investors. A little more disclosure would be helpful though.

That's a very stupid observation.

Most tech sites have their money from Samsung. So what? Should they stop writing about them? No, they do the opposite.

• Reply 144 of 316

A fan comments on AI and says Apple rocks and iPhone rules and then after a short second a Shame user with 1000 posts replies to him and says well sure Apple is still good but technically no longer rocks anymore had good run and now they are loosing a lot of market share and the iPhone was good back in the day but now they have a tough competition and they need to step it up or they go down in flames! the poor fan asks himself **** i thought this was an Apple site and goes away and never comes back

but do you wanna know the real story? Apple indeed rocks and iPhone rules because their competition are acting like ****ing five year old baby with their crappy features and the way they market their crappy features!!!!!!!Triple Octa-Core but runs slower than Intel 800 Mhz, 8K display on 3.7 inch phone ect. ...   

Samsung you trick people to buy you're stuff but you forgot that its always a second time!

• Reply 145 of 316

DED is in my prayers.  I thank God that there is at least ONE reporter who will tell the TRUTH! 

DED must think about this stuff all the time to come up with so many good points.  He's the one who will stand up and defend Apple against the world.  The only one.  Or at least hes's the one who will tell it like it is against the whole world who likes to be mean to us people who love love love Apple and all things Apple and Steve Jobs.

All of the other "reporters" (at least, that is what they try to call themselves) hate Apple because it is easy to use and even most people will have no problems.  Those guys just like to make things up why Apple is so bad but the truth is that Apple makes all of the MONEY.  They are so JEALOUS.  That is why Google hates Apple so much and they pay all the reporters to say mean things.  But not DED.  He KNOWS better.

Every reporter just say that Apple products have bugs.  But Apple has less bugs - nobody can argue that.  So they just act like Apple has lots and lots of malware when Google is the one with all the malware and Windows too!  You can't even use a Windows computer because you have so much popups and stuff and it is always asking you questions that you don't know what the answer is.  But Apple just works.  

For us people who want to be productive, Apple is the only choice because otherwise you have to read a manual just to know what to do.  But not with Apple!

Thanks DED tfor always telling the truth!

• Reply 146 of 316
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

Who hates what?

A hater is anyone who doesn't like Apple beat compared with other things.

• Reply 147 of 316
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nycjdc View Post

how can you guys get past the first five paragraphs in this drivel. i'm cognisant that this is pro-Apple website. Still, the writing is poor, unimaginative and makes one cringe, including myself who has the home stacked to the gills w/ apple products. I'm a fan-boy but geesh.

All the Google and Android and Samsung paid for articles are always written worse!  

• Reply 148 of 316
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

Dilger writes an article about widespread paid shills with little evidence.  Anyone who criticises the article is declared a paid shill with little evidence.

Just another day on AI.

here another one

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/samsung-fined-paying-people-criticize-htcs-products/story?id=20671547

• Reply 149 of 316
    Quote:

Originally Posted by iMember View Post

Wow seriously you actually defending this? so its a rumor because it din't maded on Tv? this is the internet this were you get the real news! and yes i was wrong this is worst than killing someone cold blood 

Samsung fans defend murder!  I didn;t think that they were even that low!

• Reply 150 of 316
    arlorarlor Posts: 532member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

1) My bad, I saw February and thought it was month-to-month. That means it should overtake it in under 3 years at the current rate which is damn impressive considering where is started according to their 2009 and 2004 data.

2) You don't think its growth is impressive?

It's absolutely impressive. I was just checking your math. :)

• Reply 151 of 316
    sudonym wrote: »
    <p>DED is in my prayers.  I thank God that there is at least ONE reporter who will tell the TRUTH! </p><p> </p><p>DED must think about this stuff all the time to come up with so many good points.  He's the one who will stand up and defend Apple against the world.  The only one.  Or at least hes's the one who will tell it like it is against the whole world who likes to be mean to us people who love love love Apple and all things Apple and Steve Jobs.</p><p> </p><p>All of the other "reporters" (at least, that is what they try to call themselves) hate Apple because it is easy to use and even most people will have no problems.  Those guys just like to make things up why Apple is so bad but the truth is that Apple makes all of the MONEY.  They are so JEA<span style="font-size:16px">LOUS.  That is why Google hates Apple so much and they pay all the reporters to say mean things.  But not DED.  He KNOWS better.</span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size:16px">Every reporter just say that Apple products have bugs.  But Apple has less bugs - nobody can argue that.  So they just act like Apple has lots and lots of malware when Google is the one with all the malware and Windows too!  You can't even use a Windows computer because you have so much popups and stuff and it is always asking you questions that you don't know what the answer is.  But Apple just works.  </span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size:16px">For us people who want to be productive, Apple is the only choice because otherwise you have to read a manual just to know what to do.  But not with Apple!</span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size:16px">Thanks DED tfor always telling the truth!</span></p>
    Putting words in capitals doesnt make anything more factual. Your post is a good example of taking product and company worship to an extreme. DED writes from a viewpoint, almost certainly biased viewpoint due to the nature of writing for this site. Some of it is good some of it is debatable some of it is pure dross (in my biased opinion ???? ). Blindly agreeing with it doesnt make it any better or objective truth.

As for people who want to be productive Apple isnt the only choice. There are many choices, otherwise the buisness world would have ground to a halt. If I wasnt productive I'd be out of a job, all my colleagues would be out of a job and we have to use windows at work. No research, no reports, no scientific papers and no patents equal redundancy. Your statements are totally subjective that bare little resemblance to reality.

This may sound like a personal attack but im in a grumpy mood and your post has irritated me immensely.
  • Reply 152 of 316
    Originally Posted by starxd View Post

I have no idea what you're trying to say.

Maybe read the post, then? :???: 

• Reply 153 of 316
    512ke512ke Posts: 782member
    Why does the article say Apple's FAILURE? That is a judgy word. Would not a more journalistic headline have said Apple's CHOICE or ELECTION?

FAILURE in the headline makes the article a negative judgement/condemnation of Apple.
  • Reply 154 of 316
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    OT: this is allegedly the S5 Samsung will be showing off today. Just when I think their designs couldn't get uglier. But hey, it has a fingerprint scanner and USB port so the tech geeks will love it.

20p2brb.jpg
  • Reply 155 of 316
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

OT: this is allegedly the S5 Samsung will be showing off today. Just when I think their designs couldn't get uglier. But hey, it has a fingerprint scanner and USB port so the tech geeks will love it.

20p2brb.jpg

That is so ugly I can't even believe my eyes.

• Reply 156 of 316
    gtr wrote: »
    It is ironic that, in this day and age, of all the companies that Samsung has copied, Google has probably been hit the hardest.

I mean, they took Google's "Don't be Evil" motto, modified it slightly, then re-released it:

[SIZE=20px]"Be Evil"[/SIZE]

I did that first! You cribbed it, unknowingly perhaps. :)
  • Reply 157 of 316
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

The S stands for corkboard.

• Reply 158 of 316
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    richl wrote: »

<span style="line-height:1.4em;">Mainstream tech sites ban their journalists/bloggers from writing about organizations in which they have a financial interest. Obviously that's a bit harder at AI since the site is so clearly aimed at investors. A little more disclosure would be helpful though.</span>

It's AppleInsider and this is an editorial.
    512ke wrote: »
    Why does the article say Apple's FAILURE? That is a judgy word. Would not a more journalistic headline have said Apple's CHOICE or ELECTION?

FAILURE in the headline makes the article a negative judgement/condemnation of Apple.

Sarcasm.
  • Reply 159 of 316
    gtr wrote: »
    Another stellar post from you that I enjoyed about as much a T-Rex enjoys push-ups.

Or as much as a Tyrannosaurus enjoys touching its toes.
  • Reply 160 of 316
    starxdstarxd Posts: 128member
    Maybe read the post, then? :???:  
    I read the post. You still make no sense.