Disney Movies Anywhere allows users to bypass Apple's store for iTunes content, comes with free movi

Comments

• Reply 21 of 59
    Funny, if I go to Purchased Movies, Incredibles (HD) shows up. But if I'm just in the Videos app, it doesn't list under "All Movies" like my other iTunes in the Cloud movies.
  • Reply 22 of 59
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SockRolid View Post

Apple buys Disney?

I know you're probably being sarcastic, but Apple doesn't have the cash to buy Disney.

Cash on hand is not the only thing that is required for an acquisition. (Not that I think this is a good idea).

• Reply 23 of 59
    kedakeda Posts: 722member

The implementation of this is odd.  I've downloaded the video to my iPhone and it shows up on my phone's iTunes store and on my Apple TV, but it doesn't show up in iTunes/iTunes Store on my Mac.  

It's nice to have a free movie, but I'll probably not use the Disney app to buy content in the future if it doesn't synch across all my devices.

• Reply 24 of 59
    wovelwovel Posts: 956member
    Connecting accounts is not working for me. Anyone here get it to work?

[I]Edit: Just noticed someone else did. Glad it is not just me.[/I]
  • Reply 25 of 59
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    Hopefully they'll bring this to more regions. I happen to like The Incredibles, I and wouldn't mind getting it free!

I missed where the 'free' part came in? This is a free service? Come on ...

Edit: Oh, the one free movie, I get what you mean now ... my bad!
  • Reply 26 of 59
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    philboogie wrote: »
    So much for 'one world'

Only works in Disney World.

It's an incredible deal to get a movie for free.
  • Reply 27 of 59
    I guess that's pretty cool, it's good to give consumers more options. Plus a free movie is a nice incentive to signup and try it out at the very least. I wonder if any other place will follow suit.
  • Reply 28 of 59
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Interesting development. "Anywhere" makes me wonder if Apple have allowed this as part of a wider move to prep for more of a push into the living room.
  • Reply 29 of 59
    iaeeniaeen Posts: 588member
    robertsm wrote: »
    Anyone else getting. 'Unable to connect accounts '?

I'm also getting this.
  • Reply 30 of 59

Sigh.

This is the future, isn't it? You'll eventually need 147 apps to watch all possible content.

One flat rate service that can stream anything? No, that's too effing nice and convenient for the consumer. We can't have that.

I don't want to have to buy individual or TV shows. I'll only watch most of them one time.

• Reply 31 of 59
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member

Worked fine for me- but it's interesting how they get your collection.  They obviously use your iTunes account, but it also uses your Disney Movie Rewards points that were Vudu/Ultraviolet eligible.  Example- in my Vudu account, I never redeemed Peter Pan Return to Neverland or Pixie Hollow Games from a Blu-Ray I bought- But I did redeem the DMR points, and they are in this app now.

Likewise, other movies like the Little Mermaid 2 & 3, Oliver & Company, etc that I redeemed in DMR- that didn't have a digital option- are not in this app.

• Reply 32 of 59
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I know you're probably being sarcastic, but Apple doesn't have the cash to buy Disney.

OK.  Disney buys Apple?

• Reply 33 of 59

Originally Posted by Quiet_Desperation View Post

Sigh.

This is the future, isn't it? You'll eventually need 147 apps to watch all possible content.

One flat rate service that can stream anything? No, that's too effing nice and convenient for the consumer. We can't have that.

I don't want to have to buy individual or TV shows. I'll only watch most of them one time.

There are three quick and easy steps to the app-ification of everything:

1. App-ify music (done, obviously: iTunes / Music / Podcasts apps etc.)

2. App-ify the web (done, obviously: CNN / NBCOlympics / IMDb / AppleInsider apps etc.)

3. App-ify movies & TV (off to a good start: Netflix, iTunes, etc.)

• Reply 34 of 59

Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

Interesting development. "Anywhere" makes me wonder if Apple have allowed this as part of a wider move to prep for more of a push into the living room.

Bingo.  It looks like a Disney app.  Right now anyway.

But it's really a signal that Apple is getting major players to sign on the dotted line.

Apple's (eventual) TV strategy is slowly being rolled out.  Inexorably, inevitably, unstoppably.

• Reply 35 of 59

I guess I'm just paranoid. As I started to create my Disney account I saw that I had to agree to let my private information go to unnamed third parties who have agreed to protect my information in accordance with "their own policies". How can I trust the policies of third parties when I don't know who they are? All this means, of course, they effectively can sell or use my info any way they want, including targeted spam, spam, spam. Sadly, this is not an option; it is a must to have an account. Just sad…and from Disney, too. :no:

• Reply 36 of 59
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Cash on hand is not the only thing that is required for an acquisition. (Not that I think this is a good idea).

If Apple could buy ESPN so we can get even better live sports programming on AppleTV.

• Reply 37 of 59
    I missed where the 'free' part came in? This is a free service? Come on ...

I was referring to the free digital copy of The Incredibles. Come on ... ;)
  • Reply 38 of 59
    b9botb9bot Posts: 238member

Same here unable to connect to iTunes error. I've tried all morning always get the same error.

• Reply 39 of 59
    This is awesome!!! I linked the app with my iTunes and now The Incredibles is part of my library. It even shows up on my Apple TV under purchased movies!! Thanks Disney!! ????
  • Reply 40 of 59
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

So much for 'one world'

The irony in that is so thick it's tasty! LOL!

"Disney Anywhere…. except there."