WWE Network launches on iPhone, iPad & Apple TV, offering every PPV for $10 per month

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 51

Right, and government did what right in this example?   This is like saying government did right by building and flying the NASA space shuttle -- yet it was completely cost-overrun and FAR more expensive than similar private-companies can do...  

You forget, the United States has a money printing machine private business called the Federal Reserve, who just creates more money, backed by nothing, causing inflation aka quantitative easing, and lowers our standard of living.  

As for Afghanistan and Iraq wars, they have nothing to do with this discussion, and what is possibly your point about private businesses doing something there?  

Quote:

Originally Posted by DESuserIGN View Post

• Reply 42 of 51

LOL which is precisely what you were suggesting -- a political solution, which is always the worst option.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I didn't wish to talk politics.

• Reply 43 of 51

It pays to shop around!  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

… Like?

What a choice we have! 2GB of 450 megabits per second at $50 a month or unlimited of 10 megabits per second at $30 a month! :no:

• Reply 44 of 51
    I guess you mean the "private companies" that didn't exist until NASA groomed them along. What private company is it that was offering to get people in orbit again? I forget. Oh yeah, there weren't any.

This isn't political, I'm just pointing out for you that "thuh guvament" drove development of the Internet.

As far as our last 2 wars: did you miss out on the fact that they were the most privatized in our history? Did you forget about KBR, Blackwater/Xi, and all the other companies that worked so efficiently for us? Did you think those wars "were a fantastic business bargains?" (as if war could be.)

Apparently you use your "Liberty for all" to ignore simple facts, and to make up new facts you as you prefer.
    Enjoy your blissful "liberty." :-)
  • Reply 45 of 51
    dunksdunks Posts: 1,254member
    Great! Another icon to add to the many others I've never felt any desire to click on. Give me a App Store and a first party, actual hardware controller and then we're talking.
  • Reply 46 of 51
    Originally Posted by libertyforall View Post

It pays to shop around!  

Yep. Let’s see… Oh, hey, look at that, only one ISP serves this city. And for electricity… nope, only one company serves this half of the city. Never mind that two blocks over is another company–whose power never goes out in windstorms when ours always does–just the one here. :grumble: 

• Reply 47 of 51

Well, Off-current-topic, but I caved in and subscribed to the WWE network, if only to support this kind of content delivery. That and the fact that WWE Old School and WWE Legends are on-demand!

• Reply 48 of 51
    Does anyone even watch WWE anymore? With UFC/MMA, people can see see actual fights and none of the soap opera drama involving Vince McMahon and his family. All our old wrestling favourites from the last generation have all died off after years of drug abuse.
  • Reply 49 of 51

Many people perfer the scripted show to the "real" UFC - the outcomes aren't predetermined but the showmanship is exactly the same. They've used a half-dozen old Memphis angles (that is, wrestling storylines that were commonly used in the Memphis territory in the 60's through the 80's) in the last 10 years. To me, UFC is tattooed white guy in boxers blazed with advertising fighting tattooed white guy in boxers blazed with advertising.

WWE is not good wrestling - it's not good entertainment. But Wrestling itself is a fine art of manipulation, redirection and showmanship. It entertains me greatly. I just wish someone other than McMahon was doing this.

• Reply 50 of 51

WE Network is the revolutionary 24/7 online network of WWE that will showcase all 12 pay-per-views plus 1500+ hours of on demand video streaming. Unfortunately, WWE has restricted the services only to US citizen for now. It means crazy wrestling fans outside of US will be unable to view all upcoming pay-per-view events like WrestleMania. But, guess what? I have used a VPN and it worked for me. I got my WWE subscription as well as I can now watch the biggest and fiercest battle of ‘WrestleMania’ live online on WWE Network. If you are also living outside of the USA and want to catch all PPV on WWE Network get a PureVPN.

• Reply 51 of 51
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    WE Network is the revolutionary 24/7 online network of WWE that will showcase all 12 pay-per-views plus 1500+ hours of on demand video streaming. Unfortunately, WWE has restricted the services only to US citizen for now. It means crazy wrestling fans outside of US will be unable to view all upcoming pay-per-view events like WrestleMania. But, guess what? I have used a VPN and it worked for me. I got my WWE subscription as well as I can now watch the biggest and fiercest battle of ‘WrestleMania’ live online on WWE Network. If you are also living outside of the USA and want to catch all PPV on WWE Network get a PureVPN.
    Pretty sure they are still available for PPV. Besides, consider the US as stress testing for the rest of the world.