Institutional ownership of Apple stock reaches new 5-year low

Comments

• Reply 41 of 95
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,778member
    Oh, good. Now I at least know which analyst you trust.

Twice I point out the obvious, that Cramer condemns himself and twice you try to deflect. I don't get it. I was simply posting a reference to at least one jerk admitting he tried to manipulate AAPL in reference to your OP about that very thing. Why the sarcastic attack?

For your information, I don't trust any analysts. I make my own stock decisions.
  • Reply 42 of 95
    Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Twice I point out the obvious, that Cramer condemns himself and twice you try to deflect. I don't get it. I was simply posting a reference to at least one jerk admitting he tried to manipulate AAPL in reference to your OP about that very thing. Why the sarcastic attack?

For your information, I don't trust any analysts. I make my own stock decisions.

It's ok. 

He has invoked Troll Rules #1 and 12 for his interactions with you ;-)

Just follow this good advice instead:

There are two things to keep in mind about trolls:

1) They don't want to talk about the topic at hand. They want to talk about you, or themselves.

2) It's never too late to call out a troll. Even after you are five or more responses into the thread when you finally realized that you've been suckered, you may be incline to stick with it out of some misplaced pride or anger. Don't. You can't win debating a troll. All you can do is lower yourself to their level.

• Reply 43 of 95
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    rogifan wrote: »
    I never said Apple should release products prematurely. But I would like to see them get on a schedule where there aren't long gaps that create a vacuum that can be filled with FUD and D&G. Apple used to release iPads in the March quarter. Then with the iPad mini they got moved to the October quarter. Now the March quarter is basically empty, and most of the June quarter is too. Is there no way for Apple to space stuff out so they're not announcing everything in basically one quarter?

You keep saying this about releases on schedules. Realities about developing technologies, including production technologies, is never acknowledged by you.

It may be that it takes a year to get a product evolution underway. Remember there are frequently shortages when something like a new screen lamination or a new case material has to be integrated. They are always on the cutting edge.

In other words, get real.
  • Reply 44 of 95
    Quote:

Then why are you trusting what Cramer is saying.

Fomenting is a short term strategy. Good for a few hours in the day, and, while a company is not reporting, good for less than a week.

Apple has been in this pattern for a long time now. Locked in a channel. Fomenting or any other short term strategy is not what is affecting the stock. The price is a reflection of investors belief in the stock, derived from quarterly info and forecasts.

• Reply 45 of 95
    Then why are you trusting what Cramer is saying.

Fomenting is a short term strategy. Good for a few hours in the day, and, while a company is not reporting, good for less than a week.

Apple has been in this pattern for a long time now. Locked in a channel. Fomenting or any other short term strategy is not what is affecting the stock. The price is a reflection of investors belief in the stock, derived from quarterly info and forecasts.

LOL Where did I say I trust Cramer? Far from it! My OP was simply a link a post here on AI to discussions about someone claiming they did. It was posted in support of your comic comment about 80 posts regarding stock manipulation would follow. It seems you did a knee jerk over the fact it was on a show by someone you seemingly dislike. I tried to point out it was not about the host ... OK moving on ....
  • Reply 46 of 95

Alright, maybe "beg" is overstating it, but regardless the point about Apple controlling their own destiny stands.

• Reply 47 of 95
    kibitzerkibitzer Posts: 1,114member
    xamax wrote: »
    Wankers talking about other wankers and wanking. Sad, really.

So ... The hands-on variant can be called a circle jerk?:D
  • Reply 48 of 95
    technotechno Posts: 737member

How long have we been hearing it? Forever!

"Apple is doomed!"

• Reply 49 of 95
    mj webmj web Posts: 918member
    I Pray somebody will kick this mangy dog of a stock, AAPL, so it might go up pennies instead of shedding dollar$. Wall Street holds Tim Cook in ill regard and who can blame them. Under Cook's management mighty AAPL has turned into a predictable half a trick pony.
  • Reply 50 of 95
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustav View Post

Good. Institutions do not care about the long term, the welfare of employees, or the quality of products. I'd like to see Apple go completely private. Then they don't have to answer to these so-called analysts.

Completely agree with that assessment. No uncaring/reckless outsiders to tell Apple what and how to do things.

• Reply 51 of 95
    Quote:

LOL Where did I say I trust Cramer? Far from it! My OP was simply a link a post here on AI to discussions about someone claiming they did. It was posted in support of your comic comment about 80 posts regarding stock manipulation would follow. It seems you did a knee jerk over the fact it was on a show by someone you seemingly dislike. I tried to point out it was not about the host ... OK moving on ....

... and then you overlook everything I just said.

Classic.

• Reply 52 of 95
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by manicakes View Post

This is bullish data. The institutional ownership "pendulum" was at the opposite end when AAPL was 700 and we should have been bearish. As an AAPL long I want to see as many shares as possible liquidated by institutions (in order to buy GOOG, TSLA, etc) and end up retired by Pete Oppenheimer, never to be traded again. ...

I couldn't agree more. Institutional shareholding is a perfect example of my favourite "law of human nature". "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely". The ability of fewer people to trade massive shares is what provides the "opportunity" for manipulation to flourish. In my opinion, this latest trend is just another way to "scare" the share price of Apple downward. Mark my words, when the price gets significantly lower, the institutional percentage will grow back. They push prices up or down .... we're just along for the ride. The reasoning for this action is not unlike the "reasoning" for : Why does a dog lick its balls? .... Because it can. The only cure for both is to take away the power. Not  gonna happen in my lifetime, unfortunately.

• Reply 53 of 95
    Alright, maybe "beg" is overstating it, but regardless the point about Apple controlling their own destiny stands.

Totally agree with you, I am well aware of the dire straights Apple was in at the time. Huge shame about the ARM investment too.

I just always take the opportunity post such links anytime this issue is raised to battle the entrenched urban legend of Bill saving Steve out of the goodness of his heart . Gates was a thieving bastard.
  • Reply 54 of 95
    ... and then you overlook everything I just said.

Classic.

Classic what? Everything you said was irrelevant to my post, hence ignored. I never once attempted to delve into Cramer's ramblings other than add him to your '80' list, intended as a humor. 'For the umpteenth time, all I did was try to go along with your original joke. Go back and look. Perhaps my error was assuming you were posting light heartedly when perhaps you were not, in which case, my bad. I seem to have touched a nerve accidentally.
  • Reply 55 of 95
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    flaneur wrote: »
    You keep saying this about releases on schedules. Realities about developing technologies, including production technologies, is never acknowledged by you.

It may be that it takes a year to get a product evolution underway. Remember there are frequently shortages when something like a new screen lamination or a new case material has to be integrated. They are always on the cutting edge.

In other words, get real.
    How is it that other companies are able to release things in more than one quarter? And how is it that Apple used to release products in the first half of the year The first 3 generations of iPad were announced in Q1. Presumably they were working on stuff in 2013 (and prior) for release in 2014. But why does everything get crammed in to one quarter? That's what I have issues with, and why I'm hoping we'll get something at WWDC. I have a hard time believing Apple's product development cycles now only allow them to release products in Septemner and October.
  • Reply 56 of 95
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    mj web wrote: »
    I Pray somebody will kick this mangy dog of a stock, AAPL, so it might go up pennies instead of shedding dollar$. Wall Street holds Tim Cook in ill regard and who can blame them. Under Cook's management mighty AAPL has turned into a predictable half a trick pony.
    you forgot /s
  • Reply 57 of 95
    mrboba1 wrote: »
    It's ok. 
    He has invoked Troll Rules #1 and 12 for his interactions with you ;-)

Just follow this good advice instead:

There are two things to keep in mind about trolls:<br style="color:rgb(36,36,36);margin:0px;padding:0px;">
    1) They don't want to talk about the topic at hand. They want to talk about you, or themselves.<br style="color:rgb(36,36,36);margin:0px;padding:0px;">
    2) It's never too late to call out a troll. Even after you are five or more responses into the thread when you finally realized that you've been suckered, you may be incline to stick with it out of some misplaced pride or anger. <em style="color:rgb(36,36,36);margin:0px;padding:0px;">Don't</em>
    . You can't win debating a troll. All you can do is lower yourself to their level.

LOL, thanks, to be honest I don't think he is or was being a troll, somehow he totally misunderstood my post and it was probably my fault for not using an emoticon. I have tried to explain to no avail.
  • Reply 58 of 95
    Quote:

Classic what? Everything you said was irrelevant to my post, hence ignored. I never once attempted to delve into Cramer's ramblings other than add him to your '80' list, intended as a humor. 'For the umpteenth time, all I did was try to go along with your original joke. Go back and look. Perhaps my error was assuming you were posting light heartedly when perhaps you were not, in which case, my bad. I seem to have touched a nerve accidentally.

You're right. I took it the wrong way.

My sincere apologies.

I f*cked up.

• Reply 59 of 95
    mj web wrote: »

I can understand anyone buying in to AAPL mid way though Tim's reign feeling that way, but to be fair check out AAPL since Tim became CFO, he has been been pretty involved in Apple's success. I certainly would like to see APPL back where it belongs on merit but I doubt there is anyone that could do a better job just now. I often wonder of a guy like Elon Musk might do the trick and Tim go back to being CFO but who could do it?
  • Reply 60 of 95
    You're right. I took it the wrong way.

My sincere apologies.

I f*cked up.

No problems. :)