Tim Cook described as a 'machine,' 'riveting' in upcoming book about Apple after Steve Jobs

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 51

For a second there I thought I was reading a description of Grand Admiral Thrawn. An appropriate heir to the empire.  Keep it up Tim.

• Reply 42 of 51
    wsharpwsharp Posts: 2member
    I have tons of respect for Mr. Cook, especially after his skewering of the teabagger idiot at yesterday's stockholders meeting. Wish I'd been there.
  • Reply 43 of 51
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    ireland wrote: »
    It's the first of March.
    You expecting anything before WWDC?
  • Reply 44 of 51
    Before you get all giddy about tesla, google Better Place battery cars. This grand experiment was tried in tiny Israel by some very bright motivated people and it failed miserably. On a large scale it does not make economic sense.
  • Reply 45 of 51
    bocboc Posts: 72member
    Some people always want to return to the past success. Then others write about it as if it is ordained that past success is ordained to be the religious path to a better future.

If anything has been seen in the world of commerce, it is that you can not stand still and fake, fear or fumble change in the face of competitors, as change is inevitable.

Tim Cook is a realist and understands this change. You don't follow the past, you lead.
  • Reply 46 of 51
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by Aslo Higgens View Post

Before you get all giddy about tesla, google Better Place battery cars. This grand experiment was tried in tiny Israel by some very bright motivated people and it failed miserably.

That means it can never work ever again¡

• Reply 47 of 51
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Aslo Higgens View Post

Before you get all giddy about tesla, google Better Place battery cars. This grand experiment was tried in tiny Israel by some very bright motivated people and it failed miserably. On a large scale it does not make economic sense.

Tesla has been profitable for 5 years now, and sells more cars in a month than Better Place ever sold.  Plus, Better Place's model of battery switching was totally different to Tesla's.

One failed company does not make an entire industry unviable.

• Reply 48 of 51
    otterfish wrote: »
    So is anyone taking bets on how long before Elon Musk becomes CEO of Apple?

Andy Rubin. Now there's your dark horse candidate for future CEO.
  • Reply 49 of 51
    bwikbwik Posts: 565member
    Sounds like his style of consuming popular refreshments was just existentially life-changing. Glad I read that important and weighty info.
  • Reply 50 of 51

Do you mean a 'riveting machine' like this?

• Reply 51 of 51
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    I'm glad you agree because I'd hate to lose another bet to you.

It's all for charity! :D