Oscars host Ellen DeGeneres poses for Samsung sponsored selfie, but tweets from her iPhone

Comments

• Reply 41 of 74
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    havabanana wrote: »
    If I hadn't read this article, I would not have noticed that she was using a Samsung device . . .

I knew it was a Sammy when I saw it. It was so friggin ginormous, it had to be Sammy.
  • Reply 42 of 74
    Isnt it funny. All Apple placements in TV and film have the Apple logo covered and Apple is the most popular product with celebrities. In other words Apple doesnt do product placements.

Microsoft has Windows logos everywhere in Arrow, Samsung is placing them in the Winter Olympics and Oscars and still their paid shills use Apple products.

That's kind of interesting.
  • Reply 43 of 74
    Quote:

Originally Posted by haar View Post

Really... you thought that the post that I made was homophobic?

I thought it came off with me disliking Muslum men due to the way they treat women...

my point of the post was Ellen DeGeneres used an iPhone, to show she did not sell-out to Samsung, and IMO Apple is a bigger gay-rights supporter than Samsung is!.

I have often thought that people buy a Samsung because of Apple stance on gay rights or support I should say...

to make my point clear I will never buy a Samsung phone, or or a Google/Samsung tablet...

I have purchased Samsung monitors but that was before the whole iPhone copying debacle...

Samsung will not get a "pass " from me anymore, they will have to prove that their product is superior... (and their stance on human rights is at least equal to Apple or better)

As a long-time supporter and practitioner within the LGBT community, I'm embarrassed by your ham-handed attempt to communicate... well, what you're trying to communicate isn't exactly clear, but it does come across as bigoted.

Did you walk up to people using Android phones and actually ask them if they were Muslim, or are you basing that only on your observations, which may or may not be accurate? I hope people buy and use Apple products because of quality, not because of what groups the company itself may or may not support. How you can gauge why people buy Apple products is beyond my comprehension, unless you're making assumptions, which seems to be a large part of what your comments convey. Which is why it's not hard to come to the conclusion that you're homophobic, Islamophobic, or just plain phobic.

• Reply 44 of 74
    poochpooch Posts: 768member
    At the last Summer Olympics, Samsung <a href="http://www.samsung.com/us/news/newsRead.do?news_seq=19851">signed</a> an "exclusive agreement with David Beckham to be its global brand ambassador for the London 2012 Olympic Games," but Beckham was, embarrassingly for Samsung, <a href="http://www.startraksphoto.com/site/Gallery/Gallery.aspx?ev=40b320c538c&ps=40&ix=0&ct=Entertainment&tm=3">just spotted</a> using his iPhone 5s at the Super Bowl.
    Beckham's deal with samsung went from about may, 2011 through the end of 2012. a year later he's spotted with an iphone and that's considered a disaster? that's stretching it, even for applerumourmonger.com
  • Reply 45 of 74
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryn Lowe View Post

Isnt it funny. All Apple placements in TV and film have the Apple logo covered and Apple is the most popular product with celebrities. In other words Apple doesnt do product placements.

Microsoft has Windows logos everywhere in Arrow, Samsung is placing them in the Winter Olympics and Oscars and still their paid shills use Apple products.

That's kind of interesting.

Maybe it's just me, but I always see the Apple logo, even if it's covered up. And it's not always covered - I watched "The Book Thief" yesterday and even though it takes place during WWII, you get to see an Apple :-)

• Reply 46 of 74
    Give Ellen credit. She knew what she was doing. ;)
  • Reply 47 of 74
    stanleywkl wrote: »
    Money cannot buy love
    Note to self -
    Find new place to shop
  • Reply 48 of 74
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Give Ellen credit. She knew what she was doing. image

Yes, she did! When I saw the actors gathering for the group shot, I was impressed with what Ellen was doing. I actually retweeted the photo just to be a participant in the promotion to get the largest number of retweets. Even though Ellen used her iPhone offstage, onstage she promoted the Galaxy in a fun, playful manner like nobody has ever done. I want to get Craig Federighi's thoughts about this. He was shown at least two times during the show. 

• Reply 49 of 74
    droidftwdroidftw Posts: 1,009member

I can see how the tweets about how much a celebrity is loving their Samsung phone being posted with their iPhone as being comical.  I fail to see the gotcha moment on this one, but it's probably just me.

• Reply 50 of 74
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    havabanana wrote: »
    If I hadn't read this article, I would not have noticed that she was using a Samsung device . . .

How could you miss it? The Note 3 was almost as big as her. :lol:
  • Reply 51 of 74
    stanleywkl wrote: »
    Money cannot buy love

But you can rent it. Much less headaches. :lol:
  • Reply 52 of 74
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

But you can rent it. Much less headaches. image

Is that because none of the "side effects" of STDs consist of headaches?  ;)

• Reply 53 of 74
    vaporlandvaporland Posts: 358member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nightwriter927 View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by haar View Post

Really... you thought that the post that I made was homophobic?

I thought it came off with me disliking Muslum men due to the way they treat women...

my point of the post was Ellen DeGeneres used an iPhone, to show she did not sell-out to Samsung, and IMO Apple is a bigger gay-rights supporter than Samsung is!.

I have often thought that people buy a Samsung because of Apple stance on gay rights or support I should say...

to make my point clear I will never buy a Samsung phone, or or a Google/Samsung tablet...

I have purchased Samsung monitors but that was before the whole iPhone copying debacle...

Samsung will not get a "pass " from me anymore, they will have to prove that their product is superior... (and their stance on human rights is at least equal to Apple or better)

As a long-time supporter and practitioner within the LGBT community, I'm embarrassed by your ham-handed attempt to communicate... well, what you're trying to communicate isn't exactly clear, but it does come across as bigoted.

Did you walk up to people using Android phones and actually ask them if they were Muslim, or are you basing that only on your observations, which may or may not be accurate? I hope people buy and use Apple products because of quality, not because of what groups the company itself may or may not support. How you can gauge why people buy Apple products is beyond my comprehension, unless you're making assumptions, which seems to be a large part of what your comments convey. Which is why it's not hard to come to the conclusion that you're homophobic, Islamophobic, or just plain phobic.

I'm guessing this is about you . . . (Nightwriter927)

Quoting DEVO:

Freedom of choice 

Is what you got 

Freedom from choice 

Is what you want . . . 

• Reply 54 of 74
    newbee wrote: »
    Is that because none of the "side effects" of STDs consist of headaches?  ;)

No but the side effect of love does (gf, wife, significant other). :lol:
  • Reply 55 of 74
    starbird73starbird73 Posts: 538member
    droidftw wrote: »
    I can see how the tweets about how much a celebrity is loving their Samsung phone being posted with their iPhone as being comical.  I fail to see the gotcha moment on this one, but it's probably just me.
    Exactly.
  • Reply 56 of 74
    Quote:

Originally Posted by vaporland View Post

I'm guessing this is about you . . . (Nightwriter927)

Quoting DEVO:

Freedom of choice 

Is what you got 

Freedom from choice 

Is what you want . . . 

Then you'd be making assumptions, just like harr, wouldn't you?

• Reply 57 of 74
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

Absolutely. Sammy talks about "great" things being done on Sammy products. Apple shows that great things are being done on Apple products.

Same with that Google ad. Google talks about being a film make. Apple shows that people are creating films on iDevices.

Apple the actor, Samsung the reactor.

• Reply 58 of 74
    Quote:

Originally Posted by newbee View Post

The simple, and most likely explanation, is that celebs usually make a lot of money, and people with money don't buy "cheap" .... they buy value. Remember ... Cost is what you spend. Value is what you get ... and there's a huge difference. Both of my daughters have an iPhone, and I can flat out guarantee you that neither one is "rich", but they both work hard for their money and they don't like to waste it on junk.

I agree with most of what you say, apart from the bit about people with money never buying "cheap." Being rich is no guarantee of taste.

• Reply 59 of 74
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

But you can rent it. Much less headaches. image

Many fewer headaches.

• Reply 60 of 74
    Many fewer headaches.

That too. :lol: I knew the wording didn't sound quite right.