What has changed with every one since AI has been down?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Me? well I have got a lot better at Photoshop and have started a iCon page. I also got a new QucikSilver G4 (733 and 15" LCD) and a New iBook!!

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: Michaelm8000 ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 80
    I've got a new girlfriend and been diagnosed with Hypertension.

But not in that order.
  • Reply 2 of 80
    I got a new iceBook, and I'm now a freshman in high school.
  • Reply 3 of 80
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Well, I don't know if you guys remember, but 2 days before AI went down I got a DVD icebook with 384MB RAM. I moved out of NYC to Rockland County and I'm now a High School Freshman.
  • Reply 4 of 80
    i am in college now.
  • Reply 4 of 80
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Let's see, I went to Macworld, was at the front of the line with applenut, moved from Massachusetts to New Hampshire, and had my PowerBook G3 (Pismo) repaired again. I know there was other stuff, by I can't remember right now.
  • Reply 6 of 80
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    Let's see, umm, my girlfriend went off to college, I got a PC (I'm still a Mac user though ), I learned more of web development (and I'm damn good, might I add ), I went OS X, I got another girlfriend, and now I'm a junior; I also got interested in small business. Right now we're moving to renovate one of our other properties and then we're gonna start a B&B.

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: bradbower ]</p>
  • Reply 6 of 80
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    I went to MWNY as well, and talked to some Canadian Mac users, and got reshuffled in the great line move when the dummies let everyone go as a free for all through the MIDDLE doors. Sucks some guys in the front of the line (like applenut, but he got back to the front) got reshuffled to the back.

Oh well I still got good seats though.
  • Reply 6 of 80
    idudeidude Posts: 352member
    Got an iBook, went to Macworld, went to NECC (Met Steve Jobs!) , Woodfield store opened, started 8th grade, made a MacAquarium, went to a PC camp (boo!), got a new dog and cat, my dad got a new car, and my mom got in an accident. A lot happens in 6 months.
  • Reply 9 of 80
    jutusjutus Posts: 272member
    I got a new job, going from WebObjects to Cocoa development.

And I got a TiBook.

However, in order to maintain cosmic balance. The gods had UPS DESTROY my PowerMac G4 and PowerTower Pro.

Never, ever, ship UPS ground. Ever. Not even pillows.
  • Reply 9 of 80
    Oh and I got a year older too. I am now 14.

Jeez I first came to AI when I was 11. Long time.
  • Reply 11 of 80
    dogcowdogcow Posts: 713member
    Lets see, I got a new iBook, i went to an apple store opening, i'm now a senior in HS, I made honor role for the second time since freshman year (!), I got a new (used) car, I got a raise at work, I cliped my toe nails, I figured out the meaning of life but forgot to write it down, i tried pineapple and ham pizza for the first time, oh and i downloaded iTunes 2 and didnt get my hard drive erased!

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: Dogcow ]</p>
  • Reply 12 of 80
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Oh yeah. I went to the opening of the Apple Store in Peabody, MA and got a new 500 MHz snow iMac!
  • Reply 13 of 80
    Oh, I went to the Tysons Apple Store opening (25 in line!!)

I was twelve when I first came to AI. What about the rest of you?
  • Reply 14 of 80
    I was 11. w00t.

Oh yeah and I also visited Ars Technica and took Latin for the second year. A frightful combination.
  • Reply 15 of 80
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I forgot to mention that I finally got a Cable modem and I was at the Tice's Corner Apple Store (unfortunately, not the Grand Opening, but 3 days after it opened). And I'm also excited that an Apple Store is going to be coming to Palisades Center which is less than 10 min away from me!!
  • Reply 16 of 80
    [quote]Originally posted by MacAddict:

<strong>I was 11. w00t.

Oh yeah and I also visited Ars Technica and took Latin for the second year. A frightful combination.</strong><hr></blockquote>

You were there?
  • Reply 17 of 80
    I grew a beard, shaved it, and grew it back... damn AI was down a long time!
  • Reply 18 of 80
    [quote]Originally posted by starfleetX:

<strong>I grew a beard, shaved it, and grew it back... damn AI was down a long time! </strong><hr></blockquote>

haha sounds like you have been very bissy!!
  • Reply 19 of 80
    [quote]Originally posted by Dogcow:

<strong>oh and i downloaded iTunes 2 and didnt get my hard drive erased!

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: Dogcow ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thank god - neither did I! I have 2 HDs with a total of 3 partitions - 2 of them are all documents! That reminds me, I should probably back them up one of these days...
  • Reply 20 of 80
    [quote]Originally posted by Michaelm8000:

<strong>bissy!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Michael - please email me (btober at mac.com)! I NEED to teach you how to spell!