What has changed with every one since AI has been down?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 80
    I took up electric bass, abused drugs, thought of dropping out, etc.
  • Reply 22 of 80
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    No, no Fork. They were asking what has changed. Not what has stayed the same.
  • Reply 23 of 80
    I got a new iBook 500, got married and there is a baby Mac Guru (Laurin Paige Meister) due in January. Can't Wait!!

Mac Guru
  • Reply 24 of 80
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Congratulations Mac Guru!
  • Reply 25 of 80
    I slapped a G4/450 ZIF in my old beige G3 MT. A new system will find its way to my house any time now.

--JBytes [finally got my name back!!]
  • Reply 26 of 80
    I continued to be the man.

- Pook
  • Reply 27 of 80
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]I was twelve when I first came to AI. What about the rest of you?<hr></blockquote>

I was a month away from my 13th birthday when I first registered at AI. I had been lurking for a little while before that.
  • Reply 28 of 80
    MichaelM,

I know one thing you didn't do: learn to spell.
  • Reply 29 of 80
    [quote]Originally posted by MacAddict:

<strong>I went to MWNY as well, and talked to some Canadian Mac users, and got reshuffled in the great line move when the dummies let everyone go as a free for all through the MIDDLE doors. Sucks some guys in the front of the line (like applenut, but he got back to the front) got reshuffled to the back.

Oh well I still got good seats though.</strong><hr></blockquote>

That was crazy. They can't ever get it right. Maybe they'll be more prepare next year...

• Reply 30 of 80
    [quote]Originally posted by PookJP:

<strong>MichaelM,

I know one thing you didn't do: learn to spell. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Hey! How did you know?
  • Reply 31 of 80
    [quote]No, no Fork. They were asking what has changed. Not what has stayed the same.<hr></blockquote>

Two out of three suits me just fine.
  • Reply 32 of 80
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Let's see: Did a great deal of application design work, wrestling with Forte, and trying desperately to keep us from becoming a C++ shop. Unfortunately, it looks like we will. At least that Godforsaken train wreck of a language will look good on my resume.

I got a girlfriend. W00t.

I started reading books in earnest again. I'm currently going through W. V. Quine's Philosophy of Logic and Wayne Koestenbaum's Cleavage (for the gf).

Helped get my band kicked up into a higher gear, and started practicing like a fiend again to meet to the demands of the songs.

Became the last unmarried person in my band. Turned 33. Ugh.

Junked my Cube for a real computer: A Dell Inspiron! Yeah, now this is the way it should be! Win2K is so much smoother than OS X!

Discovered <a href="http://www.keenspot.com"; target="_blank">Keenspot</a> and <a href="http://www.keenspace.com"; target="_blank">Keenspace</a>.

Beta tested Canvas 8.

(n.b.: One of the above is not true.)
  • Reply 33 of 80
    I bought a DVD model iBook 500.

I made a fool out of myself (but that's nothing new ).

I can't remember anything else I did that's worth posting.
  • Reply 34 of 80
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    [quote]Originally posted by Amorph:

<strong>(n.b.: One of the above is not true.)</strong><hr></blockquote>

It's quite obvious which one is a complete lie.

[quote]Junked my Cube for a real computer: A Dell Inspiron!<hr></blockquote>

The above could not possibly be true of Amorph.

Escher
  • Reply 35 of 80
    Graduated from college.

Got my first real job.

Moved to San Diego.

Turned 22.

Got a new girlfriend.

• Reply 36 of 80
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Escher wrote:

[quote][Getting a Dell Inspiron] could not possibly be true of Amorph.<hr></blockquote>

Damn, it was that easy? I thought for sure the line about getting a GF would be something of a distraction.
  • Reply 37 of 80
    i had several severe identity crises, created an entirely new identity to destroy all the others fighting over control of me, have been left almost completely unrecognizable, and registered at the new AI forums.

• Reply 38 of 80
    Got a new 40 gig FireWire hard drive. Helped my dad do some framing for a rec room. Made my annual pilgrimage to see the Red Sox at Fenway. (They won that day.) Visited a friend in Kennebunk. (I'd never been there before. What a pretty place.) Went to NYC twice - the second time was to see the Mies van der Rohe exhibit that was at MOMA and the Whitney. It was on the sunday of Labor Day weekend and New York never looked so glorious to me as it did that day... And then there was what came next.
  • Reply 39 of 80
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    1) "Broke up" with Andrea

2) Supposingly to have 5 job opportunities but later all got f*cked up

3) The airline/travel company (Canada 3000) that I used to work for three years ago went bankrupted and my site was hosted using their server. I am forced to move to other server and pay for the service
  • Reply 40 of 80
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    [quote]Originally posted by btober:

<strong>

Michael - please email me (btober at mac.com)! I NEED to teach you how to spell!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hey NOW with that sig!!!!