Nest Learning Thermostat reportedly taken off Apple Store shelves

167891012»

Comments

• Reply 221 of 231
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    wozwoz wrote: »
    Lol - sure there is ... just google "wi-fi radiation destroys DNA"

There is a nice link there-in with no less than 34 published papers showing how mobile phone or wi-fi radiation destroys or damages DNA.

[ Alwaaaays better to do some research before posting hopeful and wishful but uninformed responses in forums. ]

Key word being "credible". The existence of a few papers in itself don't make it true. I think there's more papers on Bigfoot, yet there really isn't any reason to believe those exist either.
  • Reply 222 of 231
    Originally Posted by wozwoz View Post

Lol - sure there is ... just google "wi-fi radiation destroys DNA"

You’re insane. Get help.

[ Alwaaaays better to do some research before posting hopeful and wishful but uninformed responses in forums. ]

Take your own advice.

• Reply 223 of 231
    wozwozwozwoz Posts: 263member

Great to hear Apple has pulled this ... last thing we need is more wireless radiation nuking children's heads, causing ADHD, or wiping your sperm. Just run it over ethernet, and you don't have to worry. 

• Reply 224 of 231
    Great to hear Apple has pulled this ... last thing we need is more wireless radiation nuking children's heads, causing ADHD, or wiping your sperm. Just run it over ethernet, and you don't have to worry. 

You're back again? In the same thread? Do you go around trolling every Nest story you find on the internet, and double back to make sure?

And no tripe about every other device that Apple sells in the same store? Most electronic devices they sell are WiFi enabled, all computers, the TV box, phones, tablets and even a lot of the iPods sold now.

Really, to be consistent, you can't use a cellular phone, connect a tablet (few tablets have an Eth jack, none of the Apples do), use a laptop on the internet unteathered, have a microwave oven, and you need to turn your house into a faraday cage because of the TV, radio & satellite transmissions...
  • Reply 225 of 231
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

You’re completely insane.

• Reply 226 of 231
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

You’re completely insane.

Says the person with 31652 posting to his name. lol

• Reply 227 of 231
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

And no tripe about every other device that Apple sells in the same store? Most electronic devices they sell are WiFi enabled, all computers ....

It is not a question of being wi-fi enabled per se. It is a question of whether the same service could be provided without recourse to wi-fi. And there is no need to have things permanently stuck to your wall in your bathroom, needlessly radiating people walking past or washing their teeth, when there is no need to do so.   

In my new R2-D2 Mac Pro, Apple neatly places the wi-fi and bluetooth goodies on a removable card under the black hat at the top ... so you can simply remove the entire wi-fi/bluetooth card and your shiny new Mac Pro is then wi-fi free (which I did). It comes with 2 beautiful gigabit ethernet ports and stacks of USB3 and thunderbolt ... so again, no need for radiating your body if you don't need to.

• Reply 228 of 231
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Really, to be consistent, you can't use a cellular phone, connect a tablet (few tablets have an Eth jack, none of the Apples do), use a laptop on the internet unteathered, have a microwave oven, and you need to turn your house into a faraday cage because of the TV, radio & satellite transmissions...

Radio and satellite transmissions?? LOL = Oh please ... By the inverse square law, for low power emission devices, you only need to worry about emissions about 1 or 2m from your body. And for high power emission devices (like huge radio masts), 1km should be plenty  (note though the cancer clusters occurring to residents living adjacent to the Vatican's worldwide radio transmitters).  

Mobile phones do give me headaches / head buzzes, so I do try not to use them. If you can keep it 1 or 2m away from your body, you are unlikely to have any problems ... so if I do need to use say Skype  with a MacBook in a hotel that only has wireless, I just use a Moshi headset connected to the Mac via USB, ... stand a metre or more away from the Macbook... and 90% of the problem is gone. Tablets also give me head buzzes, so I mostly use my iPad in Airplane mode ... and if I do need any web services, just try to hold it away from your body ... and avoid using from inside a car (especially a moving car), as the signal strength required by the device to maintain a connection (plus internal reflection) is far greater than outside the vehicle.

• Reply 229 of 231
    Mobile phones do give me headaches / head buzzes, so I do try not to use them. If you can keep it 1 or 2m away from your body, you are unlikely to have any problems ... so if I do need to use say Skype  with a MacBook in a hotel that only has wireless, I just use a Moshi headset connected to the Mac via USB, ... stand a metre or more away from the Macbook... and 90% of the problem is gone. Tablets also give me head buzzes, so I mostly use my iPad in Airplane mode ... and if I do need any web services, just try to hold it away from your body ... and avoid using from inside a car (especially a moving car), as the signal strength required by the device to maintain a connection (plus internal reflection) is far greater than outside the vehicle.

Then what's your problem with a thermostat, where most people are almost never within a meter of it, and it's almost never transmitting?

Yeah, personal electronic devices are very useful when they're kept out of reach.
  • Reply 230 of 231
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Says the person with 31652 posting to his name. lol

WOW that sure proves me wrong about non-ionizing radiation, huh. :rolleyes:

• Reply 231 of 231

I sorry sir evaprotive

(swamp )  cooler could be used in data centers , in fact that's what i do for a living i could take you to one there is so many of them in the USA and UK and all over the world , you need to updata your info 

http://www.ecocooling.co.uk/products/datacentres.php