Apple gets official green light to build San Francisco flagship store

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member

"They're not really Republicans, they're RINOs because of [cherry-picked policy disagreement]"

That's pretty NTS.

• Reply 22 of 33
    quinney wrote: »
    California once had state mental institutions, until noted liberal governor Ronald Reagan closed them down because of the amount of taxes required to maintain them.

I'm not sure what your point is. I know it's popular to use Regan as some sort of boogeyman, but democrats were equally complicit in supporting the shutdown as they felt (falsely) that the mentally ill were better off with "liberty" than proper care. That's the problem with idealism, it gets in the way of reality.
  • Reply 23 of 33
    reimreim Posts: 2member

Union square already has parking lot.

• Reply 24 of 33
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

"They're not really Republicans, they're RINOs because of [cherry-picked policy disagreement]"

I don’t see how explicitly not behaving how a party behaves is a cherry-picked argument in the slightest.

“I’m pro-life, for diminished gun control, and for deportation of all persons in this country illegally, but I am a Democrat.” 

Do you somehow think that flies?

• Reply 25 of 33
    fred1fred1 Posts: 1,112member

Now I'm confused.  Are you saying that Reagan would or would not have shopped at this store?

• Reply 26 of 33
    I don’t see how explicitly not behaving how a party behaves is a cherry-picked argument in the slightest.

“I’m pro-life, for diminished gun control, and for deportation of all persons in this country illegally, but I am a Democrat.” 

Do you somehow think that flies?
    Yes, because that's three policies out of many. The idea that Democrat and Republican is a binary equation is a false one, everyone exists on a spectrum, and both R and D occupy a wide chunk of that spectrum. Having these accusations of RINO and DINO against those who have different views on a handful of policies is just levying a NTS argument against Republicans and Democrats who don't agree with you on absolutely everything.

That fact that the Republican party is so split right now, and the Democrat party has had huge amounts of infighting over the last few decades is symptomatic of this. Both parties occupy a wide political range.
  • Reply 27 of 33

Yes, because that's three policies out of many.

Come off it.

• Reply 28 of 33
    Let's just agree to disagree then.
  • Reply 29 of 33

Let's just agree to disagree then.

No, let’s agree you don’t comprehend what a representative cross-section is.

• Reply 30 of 33

If you're going to start doing that thing you do where you tell me what I do and don't understand with zero provocation or evidence then we're not going to agree on anything.  

Quit it; you were being mostly agreeable up until that.

• Reply 31 of 33

If you're going to start doing that thing you do where you tell me what I do and don't understand with zero provocation or evidence then we're not going to agree on anything.

Or you could just read what has been written.

• Reply 32 of 33
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,823member

Okay, regarding the doors... what if they have a very particular purpose, being to grant very large exhibits access to the display floor, motor vehicles for example. Not vehicles manufactured by Apple but by a close partner and which feature CarPlay (and perhaps other iOS features)? Suppose in some states Apple took up a vehicle dealer's license, the stores would make quite interesting showcases.

• Reply 33 of 33
    fred1fred1 Posts: 1,112member
    I'm thinking more that the doors have a purpose in keeping the store comfortable. When it's a sunny day in SF, that store will get very hot. Opening the doors would be a good way to keep it bearable without depending on air conditioning. Of course open doors require added security . . .