Gartner ignores Apple's sales numbers, reports Android marketshare doubled iPad in 2013

12345679»

Comments

• Reply 161 of 165
    danoxdanox Posts: 2,853member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Crosslad View Post

Then why have Samsungs shares fallen in the last year? I bought a Samsung Tablet for myself last year and a cheap android tablet for my daughter. The cheap android is stuck on ICS and never comes out of its box. The Samsung tablet is the only tablet I have ever purchased that has a crack in the case. I use it mainly for watching catch up tv as the keyboard is not responsive enough to do anything else on. These are counted in the huge increase I android tablets, but I will probably never get an Android tablet again.

The return on investment for iPhones, iPads, Mac's, and the overall quality of the programs available with worthwhile software updates, can't be beat by Android, and Windows ecosystems. The 4,4s and the iPad 2 are still great computers/phones. (that are highly valued on the resale market).

• Reply 162 of 165
    danoxdanox Posts: 2,853member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Google reported activations. What Google Android phone doesn't connect to Google services during setup. Apple could report activations too then?

If that is true why is it taking so long for OS upgrades on Android? Within two weeks half of all iOS users will have upgraded to the latest iOS released by Apple, the internet usage numbers and revenue paid to developers is simply not there for Android OS. The activation numbers are mostly lies and the earning reports from the OEM'S show no profit at all except for Samsung (and that is if you believe them, the real number is probably only half of what they report).

• Reply 163 of 165
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    danox wrote: »
    If that is true why is it taking so long for OS upgrades on Android? Within two weeks half of all iOS users will have upgraded to the latest iOS released by Apple, the internet usage numbers and revenue paid to developers is simply not there for Android OS. The activation numbers are mostly lies and the earning reports from the OEM'S show no profit at all except for Samsung (and that is if you believe them, the real number is probably only half of what they report).

Google only pushes OS updates to Nexus devices, the rest are up to manufacturers and carriers, and Samsung would be in a world of hurt by the SEC if they're ever caught lying, so it wouldn't pay to do so.
  • Reply 164 of 165

^^

Samsung is definitely making money. There are enough dumb asses, and ignorant poor ass folk in this world to keep samsung/android easily afloat. 

Remember the old adage; there is a fool born every minute. And judging by the number of Samdungs sold, I would say thats proof enough.

• Reply 165 of 165
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    tbell wrote: »
    Yes, but as an Apple investor you should. Those idiots are trying to undermine your investment, by putting out the false impression that iPad sales are falling. Major news sources pick up their headlines. 

Fortunately, the best defense against a lie is the truth.