The official AppleInsider Age Thread

Comments

• Reply 61 of 141
    far far too old. a whole lifetime of pain past the golden age of 5

• Reply 62 of 141
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    [quote]Originally posted by david:

<strong>

Now I'm starting to agree with JBytes...you just don't get it.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I point out holes in your logic, and your circular reasoning, and now I "don't get it"?
  • Reply 63 of 141
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Let's see, someone makes an offhand comment and then another person freaks out and takes it personally.

Which one is the teenager?

I'm 20, brad, as pointed out earlier in the thread, and yes, I was far more mature at 12 than you are showing yourself to be now. He said, "I'd suggest you behave respectfully towards me."

Oooh, help help, you're being repressed!

Your logic, as tired and recycled as it is, is completely off-topic and brought up by you to battle one of your latest straw men. Fantastical demons of insecurity attacking you, brad, not JBytes who made a harmless statement for which he got ripped into by a punk.

You are obviously very passionate about the subject, so I suggest starting an appropriate thread for it, not just forcing it on the first person who dares make an offhand comment.
  • Reply 64 of 141
    ....'cough'...29....'cough'....

....very nearly 30 years young and still run, jump, giggle and goof around like the kid I was and who still lives inside

Have fun.

DAlex
  • Reply 65 of 141
    sinewavesinewave Posts: 1,074member
    28 going on 29 shortly
  • Reply 66 of 141
    hhoganhhogan Posts: 117member
    Macs suck
  • Reply 67 of 141
    [quote]Originally posted by bradbower:

<strong>

I point out holes in your logic, and your circular reasoning, and now I "don't get it"? </strong><hr></blockquote>

not everything can be reduced to a logical vs. illogical syllogism. Some things just are, regardless of their apparent lack of logic. Explain the logic behind art...I double dare you
  • Reply 68 of 141
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    [quote]Originally posted by groverat:

<strong>Let's see, someone makes an offhand comment and then another person freaks out and takes it personally.

Which one is the teenager?

I'm 20, brad, as pointed out earlier in the thread, and yes, I was far more mature at 12 than you are showing yourself to be now. He said, "I'd suggest you behave respectfully towards me."

Oooh, help help, you're being repressed!

Your logic, as tired and recycled as it is, is completely off-topic and brought up by you to battle one of your latest straw men. Fantastical demons of insecurity attacking you, brad, not JBytes who made a harmless statement for which he got ripped into by a punk.

You are obviously very passionate about the subject, so I suggest starting an appropriate thread for it, not just forcing it on the first person who dares make an offhand comment.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Let's see, someone starts a discussion that is germane to a topic, and then you come in and say I am taking it too far when you're doing just the same. So basically what you're lambasting me for is, going a little off topic? Isn't that what he did in the first place? Uh, yeah, I guess it was.
  • Reply 69 of 141
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    [quote]Are any of the mods/admins over 21 or at least 18?<hr></blockquote>

I'm 21 ... in hexadecimal.

Born October 8, 1968.

As a moderator who has been on the 'net longer than many of you have been alive, I have some advice for the people going off on a tangent here:

1) A thick skin is your friend. You never have to respond.

2) Never, ever, post when angry. Count to 1000, go for a walk, write a 10-page jeremiad denigrating the offender's lineage all the way back to Adam and burn it, blast "Beat on the Brat" and thrash around your room, get laid - but don't post until you can think calmly.

The observant will note that these are the same rule stated two different ways. "Love thy neighbor is the whole of the law," as it were.
  • Reply 70 of 141
    sinewavesinewave Posts: 1,074member
    [quote]Originally posted by HHogan:

<strong>Macs suck </strong><hr></blockquote>

I bet that was hard to type with a rooster in your mouth
  • Reply 71 of 141
    Feeling a wee bit old...or at least older than most on these boards :0

Just turned 32 on the 4th! Same day that the DBacks won the World Series! Talk about a great gift!
  • Reply 72 of 141
    daverdaver Posts: 496member
    20 years old, born 2 August 1981.

It's great not being a teenager.
  • Reply 73 of 141
    [quote]Originally posted by JBytes:

<strong>You guys are so young, it's somewhat sickening being here. I could father most of you. I'd suggest you behave respectfully towards me.

--JBytes

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: JBytes ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

I guess if I'd gotten an earlier start I could've fathered some of these folks as well. 1972.

Cheers

Scott
  • Reply 74 of 141
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    [quote]OLet's see, someone starts a discussion that is germane to a topic,<hr></blockquote>

Offhand comment, not the point of his post. Your subsequent post was a complete thread-shit for your little teenie cause.

"I am teenager, hear me roar!"

Yours was the first post that had nothing to do with the subject. You built the tangent, you just built it in the wrong place.

And you didn't go a little off topic, you went completely off topic.
  • Reply 75 of 141
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    Whew! I'm glad to see there are some others out there over 25. 29 here.
  • Reply 76 of 141
    Dammit, Bradly... I said no more Gerbers AppleInsider Sauce for you!!! Now... GO TO YOUR ROOM!

Behave or Mommy won't buy you that new G4!!!
  • Reply 77 of 141
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Born July 7 in a decade some might have heard mentioned: the seventies - 1972 to be more exact (to the young ones: that means that I'm 29 ).
  • Reply 78 of 141

Edit: A Washington D.C. hotel complex has a certain connection to the age thing...

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: Pegges ]</p>
  • Reply 79 of 141
    idudeidude Posts: 352member
    14 on December 14th. My golden birthday!
  • Reply 80 of 141
    It's strange how all of the yungens whipped out their ages in the early stages of this thread.

More recent, the elders displayed their years, shed their tears, and lamenting said...

"I'm so old, I'm so old" with a tremulous voice.

"As if...", I thought "we had any choice!"

37. Nov. 03, 1964