Google Play Games cross-platform multiplayer comes to iOS, stepping up competition with Apple's Game

Comments

• Reply 21 of 55
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 512ke View Post

I think Game Center will probably go away in favor of other Apple offerings and solutions in iOS8.  Personal conjecture, I know.

Apple could definitely have an Android section for connecting gamers.

Apple should separate the kinds of games that will run successfully on Android, since most Android users have much less processor speed, graphics power and memory available (just given the reality of how the Android platform is most successfully being used, at the low end).

Not a true statement.

• Reply 22 of 55
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

And 80% of the world population does not have access to running water.

And ants far outnumber Android users. At any given time, there are approximately 10,000,000,000,000,000 ants on planet earth.

My point is that Android users are irrelevant, and if I'm playing an online game, I would prefer to only play with Apple users.

My reasonable guess is that Android users are more likely to be using a cracked or hacked game, more of them are likely to cheat, and they are also more likely to be using a poor internet connection, with terrible ping times, lowering the quality of the online game for everybody who plays it.

I am definitely pro-segregation, and Android users should not be able to mix with Apple users, when playing online games.

Wow how daft you are.

If any platform is irrelevant it is not Android.

You reasonable guess that Android users are more likely to use cracked or hacked games?  Why because Apple tells you that?  Which isn't true.  At all.  Terrible internet connections?  Please.  How daft are you?   You seriously cannot be this stupid.

• Reply 23 of 55
    Quote:

Originally Posted by WS11 View Post

Yeah, you might also get viruses because 99.95% of Android devices have them (source: Apple Insider).

Yeah the amount of Android with viruses is microscopic.  It is more like .1 percent have them and those are the ones that side load apps which is not the majority.

• Reply 24 of 55
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Because back on Earth half the world uses Android. It's nice to be able compete with everyone and not just iPhones. Apple would do well to provide an Android framework for Game Center. If Google didn't have roughly half the market your comment might make some sense. It's high-time Apple made a simplified WhatsApp-esque iMessage registration process for iPhones and released an Android version of iMessage so Apple devices can massage the other half of the smartphone planet without the need to download a cluster of other shitty apps. Why am I sending you weird symbols in my texts? Oh, I forgot my emoji don't work when I text you. Let's make this experience seamless, Apple, please. And let's crush WhatsApp as it's just getting going. Apple could ripoff WhatsApp's business model and charge $1 per year on Android and charge nothing on iOS. Or seeing as they have the dough and then some make iMessage free everywhere with no ads and better WhatsApp business model.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

You do actually believe this… :???::rolleyes: 

I believe it in relation to iMessage for Android. It is a service to me, an iOS user. 

• Reply 25 of 55
    ws11ws11 Posts: 159member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HTC4LIFE View Post

Yeah the amount of Android with viruses is microscopic.  It is more like .1 percent have them and those are the ones that side load apps which is not the majority.

My friend was trying an Android phone in the store and it had a virus on it, so he decided to buy two iPhones.  Similar story for other AI users, so I don't believe a single thing you said.

• Reply 26 of 55
    Who would want google software on IOS, the only app that google sells well is youtube?
  • Reply 27 of 55
    patpatpatpatpatpat Posts: 628member
    Quote:

My friend was trying an Android phone in the store and it had a virus on it, so he decided to buy two iPhones.  Similar story for other AI users, so I don't believe a single thing you said.

Would he have bought 4 iPhones if he had found 2 viruses?

• Reply 28 of 55
    droidftwdroidftw Posts: 1,009member
    Quote:

Care to share with us how your friend knew that the phone had a virus on it?

• Reply 29 of 55
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Curtis Hannah View Post

Who would want google software on IOS, the only app that google sells well is youtube?

Um Maps, Gmail, just to name a few.  A lot of people want Google software.  That is why they have some of the top apps.

• Reply 30 of 55
    Quote:

Don't believe that for a second.  The only way to get  maleware on an Android phone is to side load an app.   You can't get one from the Play Store it just statistical improbable.  And the fact that Google scans every app downloaded on the phone and now even sided loaded apps the odds of getting one is insanely small.  But you are fact denier.  You are probably a republican aren't you?  Deny facts and make crap up.

• Reply 31 of 55
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,176member
    htc4life wrote: »
    Don't believe that for a second.  The only way to get a virus on an Android phone is to side load an app.   Those are the facts.  Look it up.  So if the phone had an app someone side loaded an app.  So your story is BS.

FWIW there's no such thing as Android viruses.. You probably meant the very broad category of "malware".
  • Reply 32 of 55
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

I don't think there's viruses attacking Android phones anyway as there's no such thing. You probably meant the very broad category of "malware".

Was quoting the other guy who mentioned viruses but yes.  And malware on Android is but that doesn't take away from the point that it is pretty nonexistent for the mainstream customer.  Only those side loading apps are those ones who really need to worry.

• Reply 33 of 55
    ws11ws11 Posts: 159member
    Quote:

Don't believe that for a second.  The only way to get  maleware on an Android phone is to side load an app.   You can't get one from the Play Store it just statistical improbable.  And the fact that Google scans every app downloaded on the phone and now even sided loaded apps the odds of getting one is insanely small.  But you are fact denier.  You are probably a republican aren't you?  Deny facts and make crap up.

You're taking me too seriously, I'm just messing with you.  

Mind you, some users that frequent this site are actually under the impression that Android is a virus/malware infested wasteland.  

• Reply 34 of 55
    Quote:

You're taking me too seriously, I'm just messing with you.  

Mind you, some users that frequent this site are actually under the impression that Android is a virus/malware infested wasteland.  

Which is the exact reason I was taking you serious 

• Reply 35 of 55
    Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Wow HTC4LIFE, you have 8 posts out of the first 30 or so?

Nice (read: not nice) to see the Android evangelism is as alive and well on AppleInsider as on every single other website in existence:mad:

Seriously, we're all fanboys of somebody, but the Android fanatics take fanboyism to an entirely new level.  Ugh.

• Reply 36 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Curtis Hannah View Post

It was free last time I looked.

Not to mention, Google Maps, Google Search, Gmail, Chrome are all in the top ranking tier on app store.

• Reply 37 of 55
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    patpatpat wrote: »
    It was free last time I looked.

Not to mention, Google Maps, Google Search, Gmail, Chrome are all in the top ranking tier on app store.

If Google keeps it up the iPhone will be voted the best Android phone like the MBP was voted best Windows laptop. :lol:
  • Reply 38 of 55
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

If Google keeps it up the iPhone will be voted the best Android phone like the MBP was voted best Windows laptop. image

To me, that is a beautiful thing. I have a mixture of devices phone5 ,nexus 5, ipad and nexus 7. The apps I use most..

Google Search

Chrome

Gmail

Google Maps

Google Translate

all work seamlessly across all devices (including on PC/Mac/Linux) 

• Reply 39 of 55
    Quote:

Originally Posted by patpatpat View Post

To me, that is a beautiful thing. I have a mixture of devices phone5 ,nexus 5, ipad and nexus 7. The apps I use most..

Google Search

Chrome

Gmail

Google Maps

Google Translate

all work seamlessly across all devices (including on PC/Mac/Linux) 

Wow, talk about vendor lock-in.  Google must have quite the juicy dossier on you now!

• Reply 40 of 55
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    droidftw wrote: »

Interesting to hear someone reference hardware specs to try to show that Apple products are better then Android products.  Normally referencing specs doesn't go over well at AI (for obvious reasons).

64bit...

...bwahahahahaha!